Skip navigation

Your radio in your mk1?

Back to the top

Back to the top

Pangzi said

I have a Pioneer DEH-8400BT which was fitted new a couple of years ago that kinda has a retro look in that it's a basic plain black and chrome finish that blends in well without looking too out of place like a lot of the newer ones but has just about every feature you would need… I wanted something with a bluetooth phone function so went with a newer model even though the car is seldom used but better safe than sorry in this day and age.

Worth looking at if you want something new with decent functions… and should be a decent price now with newer models out.

Thanks for that, will let you guys know what I go for in the end

Back to the top
I got a blaupunkt hamburg with a Aux lead wired in.

Mk1 Jetta. Soon to be running bonkers Mtdi :thumbs:

Back to the top

I bought this a few weeks back on German eBay - an original VW Gamma found in the German edition of the mk1 sportline. :thumbs:

Cheers Hugh.

www.vwgolf1.com - vw golf parts and genuine accessories!

Banner

Back to the top

This is probably a better pic of it… :)

Cheers Hugh.

www.vwgolf1.com - vw golf parts and genuine accessories!

Banner

Back to the top
Try contacting this guy over on retro rides, he seems like he has quite a few for sale that he converts.
I think he offers and exchange service as well

http://retrorides.proboards.com/thread/153545/ipod-ready-retro-radios-line

Back to the top
we have a kenwood mask unit in the rivage, came out of another car we had, its quite old so dosent look too modern for the car but best thing is when you turn the ignition off the face flips round and it just looks like a blanking plate

Back to the top

Kenno said

Try contacting this guy over on retro rides, he seems like he has quite a few for sale that he converts.
I think he offers and exchange service as well

http://retrorides.proboards.com/thread/153545/ipod-ready-retro-radios-line

I think he's stopped doing them now…shame

Back to the top
i have a Blaupunkt Cupertino 220 in my daily. it has a aux and iPod usb connection. it looks the same as the Madrid version, just has the option for the iPod usb. cheapest i found was £74 in amazon. which i bought just before christmas. hope this helps :)

Back to the top
Thanks guys for all the advice. I must admit I'm tempted to go for a modern Blaupunkt Toronto 420. It looks subtle and has loads of features. I did look at getting a Blaupunkt model from early 80s - reconditioned units are going for 400 quid!! Even an old unit in "as seen" condition is 150!

Some of the older units (like the noes supplied by MOSS are just tool old looking for an 83 GTI). Will put out pictures once car is back and radio fitted!!

Cheers!!

Back to the top

Shughy said

I bought this a few weeks back on German eBay - an original VW Gamma found in the German edition of the mk1 sportline. :thumbs:

Nice one Hugh. Love the steering wheel too, that's a really nice touch with the red stitching. :cool:

The Gamma cassettes were available over here too, most commonly found in mid 90's passats. The layout of the controls are slightly different but they're much the same:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-PASSAT-CD-RADIO-CASSETTE-GAMMA-/190990241568?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item2c77e7cf20

I picked a UK one up a while back but have still got my Blaupunkt CD unit fitted, I might save the Gamma for in the Camper if I can find a CD changer.

Here's my current Blaupunkt CD…

At OP, these are quite a good Blaupunkt unit, a bit more modern looking than some on the thread but can be found for decent prices and they have a decent spec:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BLAUPUNKT-CD-Player-Santa-Cruz-MP36-MP3-Player-Radio-/181292856249?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item2a35e573b9

Gumtree can be good for cheap headunits, they tend to be  a lot cheaper than eBay.

Mk1 Golf floor mats - for tin top and cabriolet - Zero7796 17298Five

Back to the top
HI MATE WHERE DID YOU GET THIS RADIO IT LOOKS GREAT !
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.