Skip navigation

OLD - Guess the Asking Price 'GAP' of MK1's in Austria, 'SEASON 1 to 3' 2013-2016.

Back to the top

MK1's for sale in Austria.

So I think it's time to reveal the prices and Winners!

The asking for the 1984 red 3dr Driver was € 1.250,-
The asking price for the 1980 green 3dr GL was € 950,-

For the red
1st Place 'Fathammer' with € 1.250,-  and 50 points :ocf_emoticons__notworthy:
2nd Place 'sweetmk1dub' with (GBP-) 1,100- or € 1.298,-  and 25 points :ocf_emoticons__eusa_dance:
3rd Place 'Ronnie85' with € 2.000,-  and 10 points :ocf_emoticons__alright:

For the green
1st Place 'Fathammer' with € 950,-  and 50 points :ocf_emoticons__notworthy:
2nd Place 'sweetmk1dub' with (GBP-) 900- or € 1.062,-  and 25 points :ocf_emoticons__eusa_dance:
3rd Place 'ant5' with € 1.350,-  and 10 points :ocf_emoticons__alright:

So well done to you all and thanks for taking part in the spirit of this little game!  :ocf_emoticons__eusa_clap:  :ocf_emoticons__eusa_clap:  :ocf_emoticons__eusa_clap:
Especially 'Fathammer' who was the first to make a guess and as he put it "Lets have a stab at this…" was bang on the money for both cars!  :thumbs:

If we were to take an average of the prices put forward we have the following results:
For the red €2,480,-
For the green €1,970,-
Which I find really interesting but that's just me.  :lol:

So the points will be winging there way to you shortly and I hope you all had as much fun as I did.  :lol:
Of course the Judges decision is final which is me but if I have made a Horlicks of it i'll sort it out.

I'll post up the next car shortly.  :thumbs:

Sent by a smartphone and not a smartperson!

Play Guess the Asking Price 'SEASON 4' as of Sunday the 29th of October 2017.
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=chat%2Fmk1-golf-chat_2%2Fguess-the-asking-price_2

OLD.
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=chat%2Fmk1-golf-chat_2%2Fold-guess-the-asking

Ever wondered who's behind the scenes of this forum?
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/index.php?page=committee

Mike

There's me building mine 28 years ago, almost finished!        

001.JPG       

Be proud of your VW Golf Mk1, it's very special!

Back to the top
Not bad prices at all! I was way over estimating and will take this into consideration over the coming weeks.
Keep up the good work, I have enjoyed keeping an eye on this topic and will continue to guess the price (probably without success) during the winter months.
Cheers, Britney.

Goly The Golf, a 1983 5dr 1.3cl having a full resto.
Cherub, a 1985 Mk2 Polo Breadvan.
1995 Rover Mini Sprite (wife's daily)

Back to the top

GolyTheGolf said

Not bad prices at all! I was way over estimating and will take this into consideration over the coming weeks.
Keep up the good work, I have enjoyed keeping an eye on this topic and will continue to guess the price (probably without success) during the winter months.
Cheers, Britney.

That's for that Britney, to be honest I wasn't to sure if the idea would work.
It seems to work, so I'll keep it going and when my points run out it will be just for the prestige.  :thumbs:

There's one or two surprises coming up and the cars won't always be little gems. I still want that red one but… the bitter divorce, moving out (no thanks).  :lol:
So far I've found another 12 Mk1's for sale and I have there Info already saved, so we're good for a while but as I've said before there's just no that many.

So let's see how you do when I post Car No.3  :thumbs:

Back to the top
I can't believe I lucked out on my first attempt. I've just got to now make sure I don't do a Chesney Hawks (one hit wonder)

I've thought long and hard over my acceptance speach this morning and I'd like to thank a few people for making this award possible -

My wife and kids, who without their constant nagging and moaning about gracing my car with more attention, love and affection than I do them, I wouldn't have spent hours in the garage or with my head under the bonnet to enable me to come up with my winning guesses.

Mike (Golfcabrio)  great idea, great game.

And finally all those in the SW/Bristol region for their ongoing support. Especially Pearcestu, Arf333 and Richyhill - Rich, I hope the gender alignment operation is a huge success, you deserve it sister !!

Looking forward to the next instalment of the game.

Back to the top

Fathammer said

I can't believe I lucked out on my first attempt. I've just got to now make sure I don't do a Chesney Hawks (one hit wonder)

I've thought long and hard over my acceptance speach this morning and I'd like to thank a few people for making this award possible -

My wife and kids, who without their constant nagging and moaning about gracing my car with more attention, love and affection than I do them, I wouldn't have spent hours in the garage or with my head under the bonnet to enable me to come up with my winning guesses.

Mike (Golfcabrio)  great idea, great game.

And finally all those in the SW/Bristol region for their ongoing support. Especially Pearcestu, Arf333 and Richyhill - Rich, I hope the gender alignment operation is a huge success, you deserve it sister !!

Looking forward to the next instalment of the game.

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
That's great!

I think from now on Members are going to be concentrating more on topping your acceptance speech than the prices and values of the cars!  :thumbs:
But I have to tell you and everyone else that plays, I've got one or two real surprises up my sleeve.
I certainly wouldn't take what we've learnt here as a yard stick for pricing MK1's in Austria.
I might even look a little further a field to Hungary etc… because they do tend to advertise them here!

Again well done mate, hats off to you!  :ocf_emoticons__eusa_clap:

Back to the top
2nd isn't too bad,  I helped out with the pricing guide in practical classics so I should be ok at this game. I would be happy with 2nd every time so I don't have to attempt to top that acceptance speech  :cool:

Back to the top
I was miles off and still got 3rd haha. I guess we were all thinking that prices in austria and germany were higher than here.

I should of known better seeing as I bought mine from Austria earlier in the year.  :$

Good game though  :thumbs:

Back to the top
 :dry:  :dry:  :dry:

Back to the top
Whats the matter Smudger? You were much closer than I was  :'( and now we have to try and get first place AND create a better speach than fathammer! Oh boy! So much for a bit of fun! This is war!!!  :ninja:

Back to the top
Ok, later today I'll post up Car No.3 for you all to get your teeth into!  :thumbs:

It's going to be somewhat different to the last two, so let's see how you get on.  :o

https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=chat%2Fmk1-golf-chat_2%2Fguess-the-asking-price_2

OLD.
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=chat%2Fmk1-golf-chat_2%2Fold-guess-the-asking

Mike

001.JPG       

Back to the top
So here we go, round three and as I said, something a little different!

One small rule change though.
Please quote in Euros and not in Pounds as it saving messing around with conversions!  :thumbs:

Car No.3
First registration: 02/1989
Mileage: 200.000 km
Power: 95 hp (70 kw)
Fuel: Petrol
Color: Red, metallic
Category: Used
Body: Cabriolet / Roadster
Transmission: Manual, 5-speed
Doors: 2
Seats: 4
Displacement: 1,781 cc
Interior: Part leather

VW Golf 1 Cabrio.
Very unfortunately, many new parts but are the exhaust emissions too high, according to the workshop's Cat has gone (Catalytic Converter).
Hence an MOT failure.

So you know as much about this Mk1 as I do and you have a few more pictures this time round.
If you're not sure how to play or what the rules are, please go to the first page of the post and good luck!

Let's see who's going to be on the money with thing one?  :thumbs:

OLD.

Mike

001.JPG       

Back to the top
Dear God that's a mess :lol:

I reckon 900 euros.

Back to the top
I think the owner loves their car and will not want to let it got cheap, however, im guessing its not to everyones taste (such a fine specimen/species of Mk1 Cab)  :o My guess is ……..
€3121.22ono
 :thumbs:

Back to the top
I think one of us has it covered there Smudger  :thumbs:

Back to the top

GolyTheGolf said

:$  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Back to the top

smudger said

GolyTheGolf said

:$  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Now be fair Guy's, that's someones pride and joy!
Never forget that.  :thumbs:

Back to the top
Are you sure that the owner is getting rid due to the MOT failure or because his guide dog has finally refused to ride in it anymore….what a corker !!

I reckon as Golythegolf says, this guy loves his car, obviously money spent on it and he'll be looking for cash back - but the car is still a dog.

€ 2150

Back to the top
Not for me.  , guessing the owner will want around €1450 for it. Having a guess in euros this time. 

Back to the top
This ones tough but id say €3995 because he probably spend double that ruining doing it up….

'83 1.3 Golf Driver GT - Project thread
Instagram - matt.semp

Back to the top

mazza411 said

probably spend double that ruining doing it up….

:lol :lol:  :lol: :lol:  :

There are too many online users to list.