Skip navigation

Non-chavy looking radio?

Back to the top
It seems to me that ALL radios that are produced by any manufacturer looks chavvy and cheap, I cant seems to find anything anywhere that would not look too out to place in my mk1 :/ and i dont fancy forking out ridiculous money for a blaupunkt radio! Anyone got any pics of something that doesnt look too out of place?

'83 1.3 Golf Driver GT - Project thread
Instagram - matt.semp

Back to the top
Kenwood or Philips don't look to bad. are you after something old looking or just plain?

Back to the top
I had this problem with my mk2 and 6n polo, every things got flashing lights and painted silver and doesn't match the rest.

I did find a cd radio with Ipod connection for my polo in Halfords for about £80 that did look like it was standard and the sound quality wasn't too bad either, I think it was a Sendai. wish I'd have kept it now since they've stopped doing them and it wouldn't have looked too out of place in a mk1.

And in my mk2 I've got a period Kenwood tape player which cost me all of £5.

I'd just keep looking on ebay or in Halfords for one that your happy with.

Last edit: by Memorextape

Back to the top

pearcestu said

Kenwood or Philips don't look to bad. are you after something old looking or just plain?
Just plain really, have been considering using the early 2000 mk4 tape players by beta or gamma which look simple

sp8y said

I had this problem with my mk2 and 6n polo, every things got flashing lights and painted silver and doesn't match the rest.

I did find a cd radio with Ipod connection for my polo in Halfords for about £80 that did look like it was standard and the sound quality wasn't too bad either, I think it was a Sendai. wish I'd have kept it now since they've stopped doing them and it wouldn't have looked too out of place in a mk1.

And in my mk2 I've got a period Kenwood tape player which cost me all of £5.

I'd just keep looking on ebay or in Halfords for one that your happy with.

Yeah will have to search eBay a bit more, as you say they all look too similar and distasteful! 

Instagram - matt.semp

Back to the top
JVC EXAD KD-LHX551 Or 501.Very simple facia as all the buttons are touch screen so when the units switched off it looks quite bland and blends in with the dash.

Volkswagen Golf LS (1981 X)   Austin Morris Mini HL (1981 X)  Honda Civic Type S CTDi (2009 59)   Mercedes-Benz 208D F & D Motorhome (1990 G)  Audi A2 SE (2001 X) Banner

Back to the top
i have a blankputkt hamburg thingy

all mod cons

Mono, longwave,medium wave and even FM!!!!

a DIN plug to the rear so i can plug my IPOD into :)

what more could a man need?

Banner

Back to the top

Gordonthegolfer said

JVC EXAD KD-LHX551 Or 501.Very simple facia as all the buttons are touch screen so when the units switched off it looks quite bland and blends in with the dash.

hmm yeah that looks alright actually, the lights arent green though to match the speedo ;) haha

might just wait to find a blaupunkt hamburg going cheap on ebay

Instagram - matt.semp

Back to the top

Back to the top

Back to the top
no DIN plug so no ipod unless you get one of thos cassette things

Banner

Back to the top
Ahh good point, could always crack it open and see what I can modify...

Instagram - matt.semp

Back to the top

Back to the top
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121104983042
I'll have this if it doesn't get showered with bids last minute!

Instagram - matt.semp

Back to the top

Instagram - matt.semp

Back to the top
Aaaaand its mine :D

Instagram - matt.semp

Back to the top
Nice one! Will look smart. Hope you didn't want fm. 

Back to the top
If you oe looking there's a guy at newark autojumble who converts lw/mw to fm and does an mp3 input too. I'd guess he could include amp outs etc should you need. Not sure on price tho…. 

Back to the top
Nice purchase Mazza. Stick a pic up when it's fitted mate. :)

Back to the top

Back to the top

markar said

If you oe looking there's a guy at newark autojumble who converts lw/mw to fm and does an mp3 input too. I'd guess he could include amp outs etc should you need. Not sure on price tho…. 

might look out for him next time im there!

jellybelly said

Nice one! will definately try that, thanks :)

Instagram - matt.semp
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.