Skip navigation

Mk2 Golf 20v turbo, car is now near complete

Back to the top

Built to go not for show

Looks much meaner now mate at the front IMO. Very worthwhile change. Congrats :)

Back to the top
Awesome Mk2! :cool:

Back to the top
Still looking  :cool:

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
Cheers for the positive comments guys  means a lot coming from you all 👍 
Decided it was time for some ice to try and calm the right foot so bought some goodies today.

Brought this lot home then changed my mind on the head unit so went straight back to get this bad boy:)
Its ex display one so got it for a good few cola bottles less.

A bit of dexter for the picture and sound test :lol:

Il probably never watch a DVD on it but il use it more than Bluetooth I think.. The pictures great and the sound is crystal crisp. The  speakers are all oem size and fitting apart from the tweeters so I might change them at some point. Its good to have tunes again:)

Back to the top
Good install. I got some of those Alpine speakers in my 944. Great sound from them and they were cheap as chips too - I was surprised!

Andy

1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top

Hairyarse said

Good install. I got some of those Alpine speakers in my 944. Great sound from them and they were cheap as chips too - I was surprised!

Yeah there good fancied jbl but the were in stock and matched the headunit maybe a wee 10 inch sub next lol.. How's ur mk2 search going?

Back to the top
Update on the new front bumper, loads of lag now so will have to do some subtle trimming again. Never thought there would be such a noticeable difference.

Back to the top
Love the install mate. Nice headunit. Surprised the front bumper is giving you a load of lag :(

Back to the top

Dubbuds said

Hairyarse said

Yeah there good fancied jbl but the were in stock and matched the headunit maybe a wee 10 inch sub next lol.. How's ur mk2 search going?

Keeping my eyes out for what's about at the mo. Got someone coming to view my 944 Monday evening who seems serious so hopefully I'll be 'cash on the hip' after and can pull the trigger on my first MK2 ever!!  :cool:

Andy

1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
Nice one I hope he takes it then u can start the hunt:) You fall in love with a mk2, it has a similar effect of a mk1 once your behind the wheel and own one 👍

Back to the top

smudger1980 said

Love the install mate. Nice headunit. Surprised the front bumper is giving you a load of lag :(

Cheers smudge, yeah there's a massive drop in the responsivenessthe power is no where near as instant now. It just proves the importance of good full airflow to the intercooler. An easy fix thou  :)

Back to the top

Dubbuds said

Nice one I hope he takes it then u can start the hunt:) You fall in love with a mk2, it has a similar effect of a mk1 once your behind the wheel and own one 👍

Can't wait!  :)

Andy

1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
Wee update mk2 is going for an mot on sat and the only thing i think it could fail on is the tyres… Erm or the side repeaters lol anyway  heres hoping :lol:
So got 4 Yokohama Parada specs 2 to try, iv heard they might not be to hot in the wet but il give them a go.

Also when I was in the shop this 10" box was sitting with no price so it was mine for £15.
Couldn't make it for that 

Had this speaker lying up the loft for 14years since i was 18 so il give it a go..(feel old now) It's not for a boom its just to give the ice a bit of depth.

Fitted in the box, this is the way it'll sit it in the boot and will take up hardly any room.

Dug out my old amp 

And another scrappy find :) Shiney shiney

Got four of these chrome bad boys off an old Audi! freckin yeehaa!! Well chuffed that's 2 for the mk1 and 2 for the mk2:)
There not a straight swap as the lock and handle catch parts are different but I'm sure there's a way so that'll be next.. 
If anyone knows of a way to fit these without changing the guts it be good to know..

Cheers

Back to the top
Liking the tyres mate. Has a set on my Mondeo last year and they're not too bad in the wet tbh. They didn't wear too well though FYI.

:)

Back to the top

smudger1980 said

Liking the tyres mate. Has a set on my Mondeo last year and they're not too bad in the wet tbh. They didn't wear too well though FYI.

:)
Cheers Smudge 
The tread looks good, the guy in the shop told me that to after i bought them lol.. Oh dear! They do feel soft right enough… These are 195 50 15 I was thinking going 205s as I like a the thicker tyres from the back.

Back to the top
They're not the worst i have had mate by a long way and they do grip well which is what you want. I reckon I got 7k out of the front set of mine  :$  :$

Back to the top

smudger1980 said

They're not the worst i have had mate by a long way and they do grip well which is what you want. I reckon I got 7k out of the front set of mine  :$  :$

That's not to bad then. I only done 2k in the car last year I just need to remember there summer tyres! Iv read some terrible reviews about them in the wet which had got me kaking my pants a bit as its just about always wet here O_o I hope there not ditchers! How did u find them in the wet?

Back to the top
£15 for the box - bargain!

Andy

1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top

Hairyarse said

£15 for the box - bargain!

Sure was hairy its a neat wee size so takes up no room! My original plan was to fit an Audi Bose system with there bass speaker behind the rear card but this has just kind of happened.. Never really wanted a sub on the boot but what the heck :lol:

Back to the top
As you said if it's just to improve the overall sound quality then happy days ;)

Andy

1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.