Skip navigation

Mk2 Golf 20v turbo, car is now near complete

Back to the top

Built to go not for show

When did you change the wheels? Spotted you at the old tescos roundabout the other day on the old wheels

Back to the top

smudger1980 said

Rims look much better mate. Very nice indeed.  :cool:  :cool:
The ride is so much better now the coilovers actually feel good to :)

Back to the top

Hairyarse said

smudger1980 said

Still loving this build. That looks perfect, I wouldn't change a thing. Proper sleeper  :cool:
Cheers hairy :thumbs: its getting there. Needs few wee touch ups but its still in the original paint might get that done when I can put it down:lol: 

Back to the top

golf_coupe said

When did you change the wheels? Spotted you at the old tescos roundabout the other day on the old wheels
Was Wednesday I think, never seen u mate

Back to the top
I was in the gf's bora. Think it was monday tbh. Just remembered the red mk2 on the wheels but never clicked because I thought yours was off the road. Thought it was the other tornado big bumper thats floating about with borbets that had changed wheels

Back to the top

Dubbuds said

Hairyarse said

smudger1980 said

Still loving this build. That looks perfect, I wouldn't change a thing. Proper sleeper  :cool:
Cheers hairy :thumbs: its getting there. Needs few wee touch ups but its still in the original paint might get that done when I can put it down:lol: 

That'll be a while then, you wont want to put it down!!

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top

golf_coupe said

I was in the gf's bora. Think it was monday tbh. Just remembered the red mk2 on the wheels but never clicked because I thought yours was off the road. Thought it was the other tornado big bumper thats floating about with borbets that had changed wheels

Don't know if that's sold he was wanting 4k for it. Not me then mate the wheels were only on the other night :cool:

Back to the top

Hairyarse said

Dubbuds said

Hairyarse said

smudger1980 said

That'll be a while then, you wont want to put it down!!
 :lol:

The only thing it doesn't pass is a petrol station I'm sure the gauge isn't working right ;) 

Back to the top
Waiting on someone coming out of a shop so im bored and thought id put this up. Don't know if this makes much difference but il find out when I fit the other bumper. Be better if I took the plate off 

There all the way through lol

Back to the top
Looking ace on those wheels mate, looks like its ready for a track!

Back to the top
There's a night at Knockhill on the 25th my mates on and trying to get me to.. But I'm not :dry: if I had a diff I'd be right on but I could always use the map switch coming out the corners :o mmm  :offtopic:
 :lol :lol:  :lol: :

Back to the top
jay heading up the 25th?

Back to the top

golf_coupe said

jay heading up the 25th?

Stevos taking his cup on for a blast :)

Back to the top

Dubbuds said

Waiting on someone coming out of a shop so im bored and thought id put this up. Don't know if this makes much difference but il find out when I fit the other bumper. Be better if I took the plate off 

Loads of fresh air will get in there for the intercooler :)

Back to the top

Dubbuds said

why dont you cut the digits out the plate to pass even more air

Old dubs never die, they just get lower

Back to the top
Was just planning to take the plate off, but there's another bumper going on soon and not sure if il be cutting that yet:o

Back to the top
keep the drilled bumper for track nights

Back to the top
Managed to get some time yesterday to get the bumper on iv been painting.
This was the old one

Holes for a bit extra 

Few stone chips on the ic, it was painted black to try and disguise it, also cut the lower red part back to allow flow to the bottom

New hella fogs and mounting brackets iv had in the waiting

Fitted in place, have one to line up ie bend the bracket lol as one sits a bit lower. Never noticed till it was on.

Bumper fitted on, had to trim a bit at the top to clear the cooler and might mod the bottom part slightly some time. Also got some black fins that cover the red parts that sit in front of the cooler these are pretty hard to come by now. You can just see them here on the old bumper.

Gave the car a good clean, a quick polish and treated the plastics. 

Next on the list is the front indicators… 
Thinking it has to be smoked ones. Been said orange but the back lights are smoked and it should suit the bumper with them not standing out to much… 

Back to the top
Stunning mate!! :wub:  

Back to the top
Thanks man :$ I do love this car. It's stopping the mk1 progress thou so I have the get that sorted out.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.