Skip navigation

1.1 tintop

Back to the top

golf_coupe said

almost had every car I own over at dougies at the one time lol,The A8 is over to get an MOT and the A6 was for carting some parts about. The green one will be here for a while as I dont get much time to work on it inbetween trips but dougie is going to bash on with the brown one to have it ready for the end off my next trip so I can take it back up to Invergordon on my next cycle.

With all the excitement of the new project and wheel trials I never got much done to the green one like id hoped but I did manage to finally trial up a mk3 bumper

pretty noticeable in the last picture but this was a vento bumper and theyre a bit more rounded at the front and stick out a good bit more than a normal mk3 bumper but it was mainly to check out the widths and heights. I should get away with a little nip and tuck and a couple segments added here and there to fill gaps but ill mount it using a mix of mk1 bumper irons chopped down and some dzus fasteners to pop it off quickly. This will let me cut away most of the front panel so benefits for cooling flow,room and weight ll rolled into one. I know its not the prettiest set up but my only other real option was a smoothed and widened clipper front but the mk3 looks to provide better aero properties

Oh…and the leon cupra R 6 speed gearbox arrived so I can get started on picking a diff

Box looks good Daz! I thought a diesel box would be the way to go for the set up ur looking at thou. Won't u be changing gear to quick with this?
I think these are about 27kgs heavier than the 02j so will affect the power to weight to no? :o

Back to the top
If I lose the two stone ive been looking to do then itll be fine....no point putting the car on a diet and not me lol. Already down from over fourteen to almost 12,5 ;)

Back to the top

smudger1980 said

Coming along now mate. Nice work :)

cheers smudge

Back to the top
dougie got a fair bit done yesterday

converted the column to hydraulic

painted the bay to get rid of the cream theme

second coat

got my new tyres onto the refurbed wheels

Back to the top
then being the mentalist he is he decided to swap the suspension over from the racer(its getting replaced anyway)and try the new wheels on

oh….and he fitted the engine in a spare five minutes  :lol:

Back to the top
I <3 mk1 VR6s.

Back to the top
Very nice..
I love 5 spoke alloys  :thumbs:

Back to the top
Coming along at a rate of knotts mate. Won't be long before it's belting about the local roads. Mint.  :wub:

Back to the top
Im hoping itll be ready for prept as I fancied heading down but itll be work and events restricted. 

Cheers every body

Back to the top
Plus the sooner this is done I can attack the green one in earnest :ninja:

Back to the top

golf_coupe said

If I lose the two stone ive been looking to do then itll be fine….no point putting the car on a diet and not me lol. Already down from over fourteen to almost 12,5 ;)

Hahaha  :lol:  Well done! If you shave the beard there could be another stone :lol: 

Great updates! Cars coming on brill and looking sweet :) Good choice painting the bay that's going to finish it right off!!

Back to the top
I hate different coloured under bonnets. No way could I have lived with the cream. Beards already off mate,maybe where all the weight went lmao

Back to the top
Haha that'll be a definate freezin face:D 
Looking forward to seeing this mk1 mate! Looks like it won't be long in there!
I seen pics of the mk3 harlequin he vrd was top top work..

Back to the top
Yeah its pretty epic. I done the wheels for that car but hes thinking about changing them :(

Back to the top
And im heading home tomoz nite so I'll poss have the brown one im calling tequila by the time I go back up :ninja:

Back to the top

golf_coupe said

And im heading home tomoz nite so I'll poss have the brown one im calling tequila by the time I go back up :ninja:

Nice one!! What do you think a mint set of rms with new toyo proxys on would be worth? The 9" all round 195 tyres

Back to the top
theyre not 9" and @700  :lol:

theres been a hold up with the engine since they unveiled a new bit of kit and I stumbled across another set of rims while hunting for a set for my brothers vento so I took the plunge…..

eb110 magnesium 8x17 centrelocks….

these will be used with slicks for longer tracks and will save me dropping out my box for longer gearing hopefully…either that or ill get another 6 speeder and play with the ratios

Back to the top
meant to say also that ive got the centre lock adaptors in hand and they should be here by the time the wheels arrive….

as the car sits though

Back to the top
OH MY WORD THE EB110s  :o

Back to the top
not a massive believer in mk1s with 17s but these at 8x17 will be easy to get a hold of slicks for and will probably be even lighter than the rs'd RS's
There are too many online users to list.