Skip navigation

1.1 tintop

Back to the top
I honestly wouldnt have bought one if chris's(dubbuds) first one wasnt a riot. Idve just went with chopping out all the supports but chris's spare came up at the right price and itll let me chop out more metal and thats always good…..right  :ninja:

Back to the top
Just got on here so missed the meet… 
Found out the coils are sport plus. There fk internals.. Still weigh in at 450 but gutted I missed out on the kws and arbs… Aye got that roof for zilch so let me know when the seat belts are ready👍 mk2 was taxed today so mk1 funds will be on the back burner soon:(

Back to the top
What did kw guy say? You should just have said sorry but something came up and rearranged getting them. They're still dear for what they were anyway. In other news srstarting to build up a braking system for mine. Sticking with 280s at the front but a tarox discs and bells set up if they can work out a kit and mk4 rears. Picked up other odds and ends in an eBay blitz at the weekend too. Quaife quick rack is already here but im away working again so no pics :'(

Back to the top
Sounds good 280s be enough lol?
Kw boy was cool I was going to go up the next day but he accepted payment of someone else so that was that. I thought £650 was good for them and anti roll bars plus brackets and bushes. :o

Back to the top
Second hand it was a bit dear I reckon,more than I would have gave him anyway.

280s will be fine,going as light as im trying to means I dont need massive brakes  ;)

Back to the top

golf_coupe said

Second hand it was a bit dear I reckon,more than I would have gave him anyway.

280s will be fine,going as light as im trying to means I dont need massive brakes  ;)

Ahh yeah see :cool:  :thumbs: 
They were brand new in the box still and roll bars are £300 new. I thought it was a bargi :ninja: n

Back to the top
not been able to update much due to 13 hour nightshifts but been buying bits and making bits. Picked up another couple sets of wheels although theres only two sets of them will see the golf. Also picked up a Leon cupra R 6 speed box,a new swirl pot with AN fittings to replace the first one they sent. Still waiting on my pedal box arriving and my new shifter.

Just a little play about…

chopped out

Still to pick up rose joints and drill the tops for captive nuts to get fitted then ill weld them up and notch them in. Im finally back home this weekend although the last three weeks has felt like three months tbh :( Not looking forward to the 30odd day trip that follows:ocf_emoticons__BangHead:

Back to the top
It's probably a bit late to discuss your gearbox options considering you've got the 6 speed Cupra one, but did you consider a diesel box?

A mate of mine has one fitted in his Leon and I had a drive of it recently.  Seems like the ratios would be quite well suited for a track cos it never seems to run out of top end pull!

Back to the top
Its getting a full strip and rebuild with different fifth and sixth being looked into while it gets a diff. Luckily my cousins run a gearbox refurbishment business.

Realistically ill probably only put in a new sixth though if a change is even likely. If I get into 6th at knockhill ill be well over 150 and ill be in lots of trouble  :lol:

Back to the top
Nice to see this all the way from the start, mk1's are for life!

Was surprized to see you go for the berg cup kit, but reckon it will look wicked if combined with all the right details, and as you plan on tracking it, that sorts that out!

Nothing changes tho, still buying more wheels!

Look forward to more updates:thumbs:

Back to the top
I needed the width to get traction pete  ;) itll be pretty much solely track use now although itll obviously remain road legal  :wub:

and yeah….mk14lve :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

Back to the top
not content with the jetta coupe and the golf I picked up another golf yesterday. A guy I know decided halfway through a build to give up and im picking up the pieces  :wub:

As it stands….no engine fitted(although mounts are already in for VR,fk coilovers(ill be swapping for the old stuff off my golf),fully polybushed already,new tank,all the fueling sorted,random interior(im going to fit the 1.1 cream houndstooth set ive got),already changed to hyd. clutch,full vr6(painted)engine and wiring,brake upgrade on the front to 256s(ill be swapping to 280s)and hes wanting to keep the azev's that are on it for his bmw E30…

I picked these up as interesting runners for the green mk1,7.5 and 9x16(this pic is a 9)

tried them on

but with no weight and no driveshafts its hard to imagine them properly

so used an exhaust stand to mimic weight as best I could

Just going to get the vr6 conversion finished off,swap the interior and dash out for normal fare stuff and use it as my daily once the A6 sells  :thumbs:

Back to the top
almost had every car I own over at dougies at the one time lol,The A8 is over to get an MOT and the A6 was for carting some parts about. The green one will be here for a while as I dont get much time to work on it inbetween trips but dougie is going to bash on with the brown one to have it ready for the end off my next trip so I can take it back up to Invergordon on my next cycle.

With all the excitement of the new project and wheel trials I never got much done to the green one like id hoped but I did manage to finally trial up a mk3 bumper

pretty noticeable in the last picture but this was a vento bumper and theyre a bit more rounded at the front and stick out a good bit more than a normal mk3 bumper but it was mainly to check out the widths and heights. I should get away with a little nip and tuck and a couple segments added here and there to fill gaps but ill mount it using a mix of mk1 bumper irons chopped down and some dzus fasteners to pop it off quickly. This will let me cut away most of the front panel so benefits for cooling flow,room and weight ll rolled into one. I know its not the prettiest set up but my only other real option was a smoothed and widened clipper front but the mk3 looks to provide better aero properties

Oh…and the leon cupra R 6 speed gearbox arrived so I can get started on picking a diff

Back to the top
Another mk1!!:lol:

Back to the top
Nice purchase mate. That's some collection of cars you have there. Good luck with the new project. :)

Back to the top

redpetemk1 said

Another mk1!!:lol:

selling the A6 and using the brown VR6 mk1 as a daily…..

they dont call me mr sensible for nothing  :lol:

Back to the top

smudger1980 said

Nice purchase mate. That's some collection of cars you have there. Good luck with the new project. :)

The new project should take care of itself to a certain extent. The engine conversion basics are done,just needs the wiring sorted out and the engine fitted :thumbs:  I still need to get tyres obviously but the exhaust is there all I really need mechanical wise is a 6 branch to suit the mk1

Back to the top
Nice one mate liking the mk3 front idea.. The new project looks wicked to :thumbs: liking the colour 

Back to the top
my mate dougie at Trix making some progress  ;D

Back to the top
Coming along now mate. Nice work :)
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.