Skip navigation

1.1 tintop

Back to the top
those ones on the car are RS001s and 9.5 and 10.5 and are for road legal tyres,I have a set of revolution rfx's that are for slicks that are 8.5 and 10s and a set of OZ executives that are 8" square for wets ;)

stripped out the interior(the speeds are being replaced with proper buckets and a cage)

to this

getting through it

but had to leave it there as I started a new contract :'(

Back to the top
few pics of the wheel trials with the front camber adjusted and some guesstimated added camber at the rear

hopefully down the road soon to finish a few bits off. Ive got to finish sorting out the G60 hubs so theyll go on and ive got to finish off the rear beam with some turreting and triangulation but pics as and when as my first leave cycle will be pretty ruined by going to UD

Back to the top
Coming along nicely mate. Watching for more updates.  :)  

Back to the top
ill try and be methodical about it but itll come in spurts……

:thumbs:

Back to the top

golf_coupe said

those ones on the car are RS001s and 9.5 and 10.5 and are for road legal tyres,I have a set of revolution rfx's that are for
slicks that are 8.5 and 10s and a set of OZ executives that are 8" square for wets ;)

stripped out the interior(the speeds are being replaced with proper buckets and a cage)

to this

getting through it

but had to leave it there as I started a new contract :'(
I see a turbo manifold :ninja:

Back to the top
your observant chrissy lmao ill give you that,it was a big port fwd inlet to match my aeb but im going with a bespoke inlet manifold now  :ninja:

Back to the top

golf_coupe said

your observant chrissy lmao ill give you that,it was a big port fwd inlet to match my aeb but im going with a bespoke inlet manifold
now  :ninja:

Sweet i smell an LSD :cool:  

Back to the top
some of my mates think im on LSD with the plans lol but yeah....itll definitely need at least an lsd. Im using G60 hubs and im trying to retain the abs sensors so traction control can be mapped in as well

Back to the top

golf_coupe said

some of my mates think im on LSD with the plans lol but yeah….itll definitely need at least an lsd. Im using G60 hubs and im trying to retain the abs sensors so traction control can be mapped in as well

Would that be mk2 suspension balljoints and track rods you   would run for that?  Emeralds use of the speed sensor controls the amount of boost per gear which is ideal for 1st lol… Plus you get flat shift :)

Back to the top
:drool: This is going to be one fast MK1 when it's finished.

Back to the top

Dubbuds said

Would that be mk2 suspension balljoints and track rods you   would run for that?  Emeralds use of the speed sensor controls the amount of boost per gear which is ideal for 1st lol… Plus you get flat shift :)

Rose jointing everything where I can chrissy,theres a wee place in fife that do motorsport bits and bobs like that.

smudger1980 said

:drool: This is going to be one fast MK1 when it's finished.

Im hoping itll be quick enough and handle well enough to put a smile back on my face. Been too long since I had a fun mark one and this will be the last chance I have to build something batpoop crazy  :lol:

In other news my new top mounts arrived yesterday

Back to the top
Very nice indeed mate. How much did they set you back??

Back to the top
Mental as anything……………………………..

Love it!  :cool:

E

Cornish Host.
1980 VW Derby
Clive the Cabby
Ujum the Invisible
Mynx the  Tintop

Back to the top

smudger1980 said

Very nice indeed mate. How much did they set you back??

it was in the region of 200 I think,I ordered them a month or so ago but there was an issue with the top bearing supplier and theyve only just arrived. Not even seen them yet tbh. That was a pic my mate put up on facebook. Just got home on my leave so ill take a jump over tomorrow to have a look properly  :cool:

borednow said

Mental as anything……………………………..

Love it!  :cool:

E

Thanks  :thumbs:

Back to the top
managed to get over for a while today but im still on a nightshift bodyclock so was totally shattered

still managed to finish chipping off the drivers side sound deadening then bare metalled it

my mate has another mk1 in midway through a vr6 conversion with its bay empty and it was good to visualise routes for intercooler piping and new radiator piping and what sections of the front end I can chop out. Front end is going to be pretty much just on dzus fasteners with a low level radiator and an intercooler over the top of it to drop the fluid weight as low as possible and stacking them one on top of the other instead of behind as per normal will help keep the temps down

Back to the top
Sounds like a nice idea mate. Will be watching with interest.  :thumbs:

Back to the top
Good interesting thread :thumbs:

"Mk1 Golf Gti...all things to all men"

Back to the top
thank you  :thumbs:

Back to the top
headed down to UD the other weekend and picked up another set of splits. they were a bit of an unknown quantity and the information was sketchy but they were wide,they were retro and they were on my bucketlist anyway  :lol:anyway…."8.5 and 10"x15"

turned out to be 8 and 9x15 but very bad et's for a normal mk1 so good for mine :cool:pic from the back showing how the rears have larger(thicker)mounting pads

fitted as the factory suggests(ignore the tyres,tehse wheels will be used for slicks)

still got a fair bit rear poke as you can see from this angle. The previous owner had them on a mk1 with mega rear camber and the massive stretch along with a narrowed rear beam :ninja:

trialled the two rears on to take sizes as I was going to go for new lips

Last edit: by golf_coupe

Back to the top
two rears on….

fronts are a lot better but still kinda pokey

more angles….

so the plan was to get new lips but after I done a few measurements I reckon by simply swapping the lips round from front to back(ill refurb them at the same time)and running the old rear centres as fronts with their big pads ill have loads of brake clearance

as seen here with a rear on the front

and itll also bring the front out half an inch and suck the rears in half an inch so double brucey bonus  :thumbs:
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.