Skip navigation

Smudger's 20vt Project A.K.A Patsy. (Update 07/06/2015 Got the love back)

Back to the top

Smudger's 20vt Winter 2012 Project (UPDATE 23/12/12)

when you change the rear brakes, are you planning on changing the rear brake regulator aswell? iv got to do this myself when the time comes and wasnt sure if its needed?
nice thread by the way

bare with me, im new to this!

Back to the top
Cracking build will be watching this great work!

Back to the top
Engine nearly ready to go in now. Just lining up GTI o/s engine mount to make sure it's an exact fit before it's welded in place.

Thanks to JonP for the hard work tonight.

Smudger

Back to the top
Looking good mate  :wink:
You hoping to get the engine in the weekend?
 :)

Back to the top
GOOD LUCK =]

Back to the top
It depends on a fair few things really but knowing my luck no :lol:

Gotta fit lots of news bits to the engine while the mount is being done.

Should have a few pics and an update of some kind to post tomorrow evening.

Back to the top
i hope the wind doesn't appear tomorrow otherwise it will be hell working in the garage

Back to the top

JonP said

i hope the wind doesn't appear tomorrow otherwise it will be hell working in the garage

Have faith…..We have to have something to show for the day  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Back to the top
tea and bacon rolls :)

Back to the top

JonP said

tea and bacon rolls :)

8)  8)  8)

Back to the top
Haha ill pop up from wales to give you a hand if theirs bacon rolls going  :lol: .

did it line up after ?

david

Back to the top
The day of reckoning is from 09:00 tomorrow morning mate. Report to follow tomorrow/Monday depending on how well it goes :lol:

Back to the top
ahh again good luck. off to the vw trade show in carmarthen in the morning. try to get some shinys for when the time comes for me to pic up my golf and start the work haha. 1 week counting the hours.

must be hard having a golf not be able to drive the beauty with that 20v yet. :lol:

sure it be well worth it in the end

david

Back to the top

brutAldubbEr said

Haha ill pop up from wales to give you a hand if theirs bacon rolls going  :lol: .

did it line up after ?

david

what he doesn't know is that its double time at the weekends.

Back to the top
Can't wait to see this conversion finished. Must say it's looking good so far mate. Think I'm gonna do a similar conversion with my next mk1.

Back to the top
Well a bit of a weird day today. Engine is in but welding is not fully completed for reasons I won't go into.

Here's a few pics from today's activities…………..

Also fitted a new Forge actuator to my KO3s. It was not a direct fit much to my surprise and required a fair bit of manipulation to get the holes to line up. All fitted now though.

Also started off changing the bushes on the rear beam and refurbing the front ARB too. Have put my old intercooler up for sale as it's now surplus to requirements. See here……….
http://www.vwgolfmk1.org.uk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=834586#834586

Cheers

Smudger

Back to the top
Good to see progress being made even if the welding hasn't been done mate - and that engine looks pretty well aligned!

Keep going dude, this will be a sweet ride once completed :wink:

Back to the top
we'll have a better weekend when we have all the bits together..

But you know the welding is in safe hands, it'll come back on track and that engine bay will be solid :)

Back to the top

Back to the top

JonP said

Cheers Jon I'll have a read.

More updates next Sunday hopefully……
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.