Skip navigation

Carlsberg Complaints Line??????

Back to the top

Carlsberg Complaints Line??????

No complaints from me….. Showers were ammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaainggggggg

Great show

there is 1 thing,,,,,,,,,,, always over to quick  :x
 :wink:

xx

Banner

Back to the top
great AGM, and a credit that it didnt get cancelled and everyone ralied together to make it what it was

i think perhaps the idea of next year, people putting thier tents up then moving thier cars in to the golf section, shown and shine section etc etc is a good one , think if all cars are together rather than dotting all over a field its good.

Spread out camping when we have normal weather next year! would be good to seperate noisey people lol , but still think as everyone had to mingle a bit it did improve on the atmosphere and people meeting each other etc

the only thing i would probably really suggest is maybe a speaker being placed in middle of camping area ish for next year as was hard to hear announcements etc

top job everyone, great weekend, bar my back

Rich.

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top
oh one thing i think would be great is a little more info on who is doing the judging and when they are coming around. just so we can stand with the car and answer questions if needed. i was stood with my car most of sunday but didnt see anyone judging it. not a biggy tho. also if we know whos voting i can bung them a tenner :)

Back to the top
Ian & I started to judge our classes at 10am, there were numerous cars locked & unattended
when we arrived to judge them, particularly in the Daily Drivers Class.
EVERY car was judged, we introduced ourselves to each owner when available.
We completed our judging at 1530pm having had 15mins lunch break.
                  kaykay3.

Back to the top

j

Just picking up on what others have said, on the show and shine ( we were not in it so don't know what the guidelines are ) if you need to be with the car be told. Something else was mentioned to us as well, it was because we had no cars around the camping area the togetherness was pretty awesome despite the weather, no one was zipping around the site ( unlike ED38 ) and when we all had a skinfull there was no risk of anyone falling over and damaging a car  :mrgreen:  or themselves  :D

Back to the top
maybe a phone number on the show and shine entry form so they can be called when the car is being judged?

Banner

Back to the top

j

Good shout, Mr stragely cut down wellies  :mrgreen:

Back to the top
save on walking, save on welly rash!! still hurting now

Banner

Back to the top
hi all,
 This was our 2nd AGM, came last year (sat only), same this year, thought this year was loads better simply because of the cars being where they where, all together so people can walk around them and look at the variant's of the mk1, last year i felt a bit nosey going upto someones car when so close to there tent, plus when all parked like they where you can get some good photos.
  Thought the trade stands where better but still needs more, but do understand you need the turnout to make it worth there while.
  Thanks to all who put the hard work in arranging it, don't suppose you fancy doing it twice a year.  8O  8O  :lol:  :lol:

Back to the top

88heliosblue said

don't suppose you fancy doing it twice a year.  8O  8O  :lol:  :lol:

Hotel Christmas do?

Birmingham? Near the railway station? No fancy dress - just impress??  :dontknow:

Back to the top
No complaints whatsoever. In fact hats off to the committee for going ahead with the event with the weather as it was - a lot of clubs would have canceled it I'm sure. Thanks to all involved, from the people who spent hours manning the gate to the judges who looked and crawled under dozens of mk1s. Yes, Uttoxeter is up a bit on the map, but us shandy drinking southerners don't mind a few extra miles  :D

Back to the top

Dano said

88heliosblue said

don't suppose you fancy doing it twice a year.  8O  8O  :lol:  :lol:

Hotel Christmas do?

Birmingham? Near the railway station? No fancy dress - just impress??  :dontknow:

Christmast doo now there's a thought you may be onto sumat there if it was ever doable that been weather, close to christmast so funds low but hey id be intrested think that could be a laugh

Still love how all the cars were togther this year and all on tarmac

It dunt fit

Back to the top
You know what, a christmas doo or christmas get together sounds good, must be a hotel or hotel/pub thats quite around christmas and would welcome some extra bookings, maybe even someone dressing as santa for the kids, just a thought.
Maybe its bit to much to organise, like you say money etc.

Back to the top
Mk1 Golf Owners Club visit to the famous Brum Balti Belt with Christmas shopping for the ladies !!

Lets get a date in the diary, in can be instead of one of the Staffs regional meets.

Cheers,
Ade

Banner

Back to the top
Ill be there with the missus xXx

1983 Mk1 Golf Gti 1.8 - Black
1999 Toyota Hi-Lux - White
2008 British Bulldog age 1 - Red & White
2009 Range Rover Sport - Black
2012 Mitsubishi Canter Tipper - Orange

Back to the top
:D I liked the goodie bag
headed note paper and apen cool. :D

B reg cab

Back to the top
I have to say I had a class weekend. Hats off to all.

Couple of suggestions:

1. Perhaps some regional challenges?

2. Last years AGM there was a trader who sold tools, I was hoping to see him again this year but no show. Don't know if that was due to rain or not?

Back to the top

bouchay said

I have to say I had a class weekend. Hats off to all.

Couple of suggestions:

1. Perhaps some regional challenges?

2. Last years AGM there was a trader who sold tools, I was hoping to see him again this year but no show. Don't know if that was due to rain or not?

1. The boring bit…… there has to be liability cover for people attending the eventand there is a stipulation that no competative events are held. Sorry you wouldn't be covered in the event of an accident.

2. The tool trader, he didn't get the business last year so he didn't want to come back again. It's the old thing - use it or lose it.

Back to the top
So we can't have a Midlands vs MK tug of war then.  Damn

Back to the top

bouchay said

So we can't have a Midlands vs MK tug of war then.  Damn

I don't want to be a party pooper. It's the insurance company who tell us whats allowed and whats not. Sorry.  :cry:
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.