Skip navigation

The "What ever happened to" thread

Back to the top

The "What ever happened to?" thread

2 years 2 months and 1 day

see yall inn 2 weeks

83 BBS MK1 GTI 69 T2 PANEL VAN i am back let the trouble begin :)

Back to the top
Cheeky !!

Cheers,
Ade

Banner

Back to the top

bbsmk1 said

see yall inn 2 weeks

Blimey, where have you been hiding??!! 

Back to the top

Dano said

bbsmk1 said

see yall inn 2 weeks

Blimey, where have you been hiding??!! 

not hiding just not been on here for some time…
mostly annoy people on twitter

and the avatar had to be replaced……………….unfortunately that's one off the better ones in my collection and maybe one of the most clothed lol

83 BBS MK1 GTI 69 T2 PANEL VAN i am back let the trouble begin :)

Back to the top
hi guys, how do i add pics of my car on this site, im from south africa and would just like info on a few things

Back to the top

jono 84 said

hi guys, how do i add pics of my car on this site, im from south africa and would just like info on a few things

CLICK ME

Back to the top

Hairyarse said

Phataz1 said

Kins?

He was the friendliest guy ever :cool:

He moved to the states - I assume he's still out there? I think he posted up when he got out there with a pic of an old Camaro or similar that he'd purchased.

He was a top bloke ;)

Kins was a big mate of walt. he is back in the UK didn't work out with his girlfriend last time I spoke with him he was looking for a Golf.

GTI Campaign Helios Blue, Going back Standard
GTI Campaign Schwartz Black shouldn't have sold
GTI Mk7 Performance pack Daily drive
Polo 1.4sel Sunset Orange The Wife's
Triumph Tiger

Back to the top
Oh shame. Would be good to meet up with him though

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
I lost contact with Kins when he returned to the UK. Walt doesn't use the site anymore so I doubt they'd be in contact either.

Back to the top
Yep, a shame Kins and Walt are no longer on here. Great guys.

Back to the top

Hairyarse said

…sorry Dan, you did 20, not 10. So here's 11-20

Ian Sadofsky  
Ian Wells wellsy
Darren Lumsden Daisy
Ian Loughborough loughy
Terry Collins tc
Mark Hill mark83
Karl Richardson kins
Terry Guy  
John Robertson sudboy
David Perkins Dano

Guess that makes me number 16 still got my mk1 ,was on the old campaign register. Still come on here every week to see what's going on,the old sw meets were good not seen daisy for a while but still catch up with red pete.
  Went to Edition with daisy on  the  a mk1 owners club stand , was that the first time the club had a stand? iirc daisy had both his cars , Kins , walt , dubboy who else? A couple of us helped dubboy buy a series 1 panel and a ts steering wheel .
      Good to hear walt still has the rivage , got to be one of the best out there .There was a guy called Jules had a silver swallowtail ,anyone know what happened to that car  ?

Last edit: by mark83

76 ?
78 gls
83 gti 5v

Back to the top
I did a club stand at Edition in 2006. That was the only time I've been!

Back to the top

dubboy said

Prowler?
Type17?
ChrisB?

Some of the old boys we no longer hear from.

Not read past the 3rd post, but remember ChrisB (if it's the same guy) with the grey cab from years back, his Mrs had a lupo so would chat to him regualryl when I hadmy Lupo GTI… and back in 2004/5, remember picking his brains on numerous occaisions when I was looking for a cabby  O_o

Been on here since 2006, but the golf's never really been on the read long enough to make any of the meets lol! This time next year Rodney….

Last edit: by alfie

Wanted: Front Bumper, DESPERATELY NEED A DRIVERS WING!

MY Build Thread

My Facebook Build Page #Project83

Back to the top
I remember ChrisB although don't think he ever had a Cabby? He had a tintop - lhasa green from memory although a slim chance it was Helios! lol

Here he is to the right of the shot when we first went to the Classic Motor Show in 2005

Andy

1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
Look at that stand compared to where we are today when the club puts on an event. It's a credit to everyone over the years. 

Back to the top
I know Dano, we did feel a little embarrassed rolling up next to BMW Car Club - their fancy stand and me with a pasting table!!  :lol:

That said they were a nice bunch and we had a very successful show with so much interest - it was a great time.

It is amazing to think that's how it started and now we have carpets, banners and all sorts!  :cool:

Andy

1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top

Back to the top

Hairyarse said

I remember ChrisB although don't think he ever had a Cabby? He had a tintop - lhasa green from memory although a slim chance it was Helios! lol

Here he is to the right of the shot when we first went to the Classic Motor Show in 2005

Yes Chris had a Lhasa GTI, remember it well.

Banner

Back to the top

Hairyarse said

Yes Chris had a Lhasa GTI, remember it well.

mark83 said

Hairyarse said

…sorry Dan, you did 20, not 10. So here's 11-20

Ian Sadofsky  
Ian Wells wellsy
Darren Lumsden Daisy
Ian Loughborough loughy
Terry Collins tc
Mark Hill mark83
Karl Richardson kins
Terry Guy  
John Robertson sudboy
David Perkins Dano

Guess that makes me number 16 still got my mk1 ,was on the old campaign register. Still come on here every week to see what's going on,the old sw meets were good not seen daisy for a while but still catch up with red pete.
  Went to Edition with daisy on  the  a mk1 owners club stand , was that the first time the club had a stand? iirc daisy had both his cars , Kins , walt , dubboy who else? A couple of us helped dubboy buy a series 1 panel and a ts steering wheel .
      Good to hear walt still has the rivage , got to be one of the best out there .There was a guy called Jules had a silver swallowtail ,anyone know what happened to that car  ?

Still got that NOS panel! And I know exactly where that silver swallowtail is!

Banner

Back to the top
Cakes!!!  :o

Cheers Rajan - I thought it was Lhasa and can still picture it in his garage but had this niggly feeling I was wrong and it was Helios.

Rob Wooleys was Helios, maybe that's why I got mixed up!

Andy

1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.