Skip navigation

Campaign ?

Back to the top

Campaign ?

Hi I have checked all the info on my car and I everything adds up to it being a campaign in atlas grey can any of you tell from this picture ?

Back to the top
Has anyone on here owned this car befor ?

Back to the top
Its not a Campaign, at least its no longer an original campaign:

wheels
grille

Campaign was just a bunch of parts which were used up for the last run of cars (ie different door lock knobs etc, fuel filler flap) and a few nice options like the sunroof (but this was available as an option on non-Campaigns) and wheels (but then every other car VW sold, also came with wheels….)

So don't get too hung up about whether your car is a Campaign or not, since its meaningless in itself!

Back to the top
Campaign or not it looks very nice :)

James

Click for Berkshire Mk1's>>> Facebook

Back to the top
Does the chassis number have 17EW in it? And does it have a sliding steel sunroof?
It's easy enough to change the wheels and grille back if you're looking for originality and people do find Campaigns more desirable for some reason.

Agreed it looks very nice  :D

Mk 1 Helios Campaign, 2.0 16v G60

Build thread here

Back to the top
Yeah the chassis number does have 17ew in it and I also have all the pirelli alloys that's 5 and 4 centre caps And yeah it has a sliding sun roof

Back to the top
Happy days then - take good care of her!

Build thread here

Back to the top
Will do mate are you going to the utoxiter show ?

Back to the top
would love to but we'll have 2 under 2's by then so will have to see

Build thread here

Back to the top
I right good luck lol if you can hope to see you there

Back to the top
Looks really nice car mate.

How about bringing it along to the next Staffordshire meet ?

http://www.vwgolfmk1.o…topic&t=113920&highlight=

Steff is coming from Stoke way.

Cheers,
Ade

Banner

Back to the top
Yeah I will do mate where and when is it cheers
Andy

Back to the top
1st April mate at the Swan with Two Necks Longdon just outside Rugeley.

Click the link in my post above and reply to that thread please.

Cheers,
Ade

Banner

Back to the top
what wheels are they & what finish have they got?

Back to the top
More to the point… Who's that lady strolling along in the 'onesie'??!!!  :mrgreen:

Back to the top
They are fake splits but look nice they polished round the edge

Back to the top

Dano said

More to the point… Who's that lady strolling along in the 'onesie'??!!!  :mrgreen:

well spotted, must be getting old only looked at the car……

If you can read this, thank a teacher,

If its in English, thank a soldier.

A soldier fights not because he hates whats in front of him, but because he loves whats behind him.

Back to the top
Looks really nice love the colour too.

they only made 1000 campaign models (who knows how many are left) and just cos the correct wheels and grill are not on the car at present does not mean it's "not a campaign anymore". :roll:

Some people think campaign's and standard gti's are the same, but these cars had different chassis numbers to standard gti's, yes I fully agree apart from the chassis number you could very easily make a standard gti to look like a campaign if you have a steel sunroof model, but it will not have the campaign chassis number and it certainly will not be one of the last 1000 gti's made for the UK.

The mk1 price guide has the campaign valued higher than a normal gti so a little more desirable I would suggest.

Main thing is it's a great looking tin top :wink:

All the best with it
Spence

Back to the top

spenny said

they only made 1000 campaign models

Not sure on that one!!!

spenny said

(who knows how many are left) and just cos the correct wheels and grill are not on the car at present does not mean it's "not a campaign anymore". :roll:

Campaign is nothing more than a bunch of options all collected together on the last year and a bit of Mk1 GTI hatchback production. This was indicated by the option code S707. Dubboy's also pointed out that a Campaign ought to have Pirelli wheels, option code S750. Without the options…..its a campaign only due to the option code sticker…..

spenny said

these cars had different chassis numbers to standard gti's,

In what way? Every car has a different chassis number to every other car, making them unique. How were the campaign chassis number different to non-campaign ones?

Back to the top
Anything campaign and without fail you will have something to say.

I accept you think they are no different just don't try and convince me,

Each to there own,

Best I leave it at that

Kind regards
Spence
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.