Skip navigation

How to build a Roll over Jig

Back to the top

How to build a Roll over Jig

Any more details or dimensions would be much appreciated by myself as I'm just about to make one for myself too!

Please could anyone with dimensions either message me on here, or email to lukegaiger@hotmail.com  :)

Thanks in advance!
Luke

Back to the top
OK may be not  :)

Back to the top
I'll take some measurements from mine over the weekend. I had to guess at the dimensions but has worked out well.

Back to the top

Re:

chrisL said

I'll take some measurements from mine over the weekend. I had to guess at the dimensions but has worked out well.
Hi crisL

Did you manage to take the measurements?

Cheers

Back to the top
I took the liberty of making my own rollover jig inspired by the drawings in this thread, but somewhat simplified. I built it last weekend and it works like a charm.

I've been struggling finding drawings with all the measurements I felt was necessary to build this, so I made a new set of drawings and hopefully they can be of use to you guys.

They can be downloaded here: https://moltebello.no/vw-golf-mk1-rollover-jig.zip

Let me know if something can be improved on the drawings.

And here is a small video of the jig :-)

Back to the top
great job espenlg!  :thumbs:consider to add that round plate with holes. It will definitely be a good addition, will give you the ability to stop the car at any angle. well, not any angle but where the holes are :)

Back to the top

mertgor said

great job espenlg!  :thumbs:consider to add that round plate with holes. It will definitely be a good addition, will give you the ability to stop the car at any angle. well, not any angle but where the holes are :)
Absolutely! In my case I had some issues finding someone to create the round plate without spending loads of money, so what I've done is to make room for adding this plate at a later point if needed.

It is not in the drawing, but I did also add a square steel tube from the foot, and drilled a few holes in the font bumper part so I can lock the position in 180, 45, 90 degrees both ways.

Last edit: by espenlg

Back to the top
actually I am guessing you can drill two holes to the A frames and a few to the round tube to the angles you need and use some kind of a pin to stop it turning. depending on the strength and diameter of the tube you decide how many hole you can drill. I believe it will be ok for 0, 90 degrees

2.png
1.png

Back to the top
Besides, the round plate does not need to be round really :) It does not need to be something strong either. there is no load on that plate, it is just to stop the car rotating.

Back to the top

mertgor said

actually I am guessing you can drill two holes to the A frames and a few to the round tube to the angles you need and use some kind of a pin to stop it turning. depending on the strength and diameter of the tube you decide how many hole you can drill. I believe it will be ok for 0, 90 degrees
That was my first idea, almost. I did try to carve a slot at the end of both tubes vertical and horizontal and was hoping I could stick in a piece of metal to lock it. However - I found it a bit fragile. That said - drilling holes in 0 and 90 degrees instead would probably be solid enough. The jig is very well balanced so there should not be much load on the tubes.

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.