Skip navigation

Polyurathane engine mounts NIGHTMARE!

Back to the top

Polyurathane engine mounts NIGHTMARE!

It really depends on the type of bolts they have used to secure the mount to the side of the block. From the factory some of them are allen headed and you do not have enough room to loosen them. If they are bolts that you can undo with a spanner then you should be fine.

Cheers,
Ade

Banner

Back to the top
Bolts are normal hex head.

So ….

1. Get the car on axle stands

2. Take the weight of the engine on trolley jack

3. Undo all engine mounts

4. Slowly lower troley jack untill mount is low enough to pull out wonderful Poly insert?

Should I disconnect anything else? Shold I leave any engine mounts connected?

Back to the top
You can leave the passenger side gearbox mount in place.
Remove the front mount and take the bracket that bolts the rear mount to the car off.
Take the bolt out of the centre of the drivers mount, lower the engine, watch out for strain on the exhaust, pull out the poly inserts, raise the engine back up, make sure the rubber flaps are in place either side if the mount and put the bolt back in. Should not be any need to unbolt the mount from the block.

Cheers,
Ade

Banner

Back to the top
when i did mine with engine in situ because i had forgotten to put the 2 rubber flaps in either side i put jack under then removed rear and front ones but then i couldn't get the engine to drop down because the trolly jack wouldn't let me drop enough so raised it instead .. either way if its only the insert you need to pull out then its a suck it and see fiddley job .. good luck bob :D
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.