Back to the top

Blackpool lights 2011

markoggy said

Dano said

5.30 B and Q Bamber Bridge.

See page 1 for satnav details.

I'll be wearing a carnation!  8O

red rose for me

If only there was an easier way to recognise the other mk1 Golf owners.

Back to the top
3 hours!!!! Thats a long time!!!!

Can't think of an easier way Nelly. Let's just hope for the best…..

Ah!!!! Got it!!! Look for people NOT carry piece of wood or bags of sand, how's that???

Weather clearing and brightening up now - 7 hours to cloud up and rain again!!!!  :roll:

Back to the top
I'm not sure our cabby will crawl along for 3 hours without something dying!  We can but hope.

Back to the top

Dano said

3 hours!!!! Thats a long time!!!!

I was there last night in the Golf (Blackpool Breeze) and I gave up with the queue going North to South………….(the road near tower and north Pier has been altered and seems not to be as favourable for cars and biased towards pedestrians  :? ) …….ended up parking up  and walking the lights

Back to the top
the weather does not seem to know what to do  :dontknow:

Mk1 golf GTI cabriolet 1.8. Helios blue. born 02/08/1990.

Back to the top
Sun, sun, sun in Walton Le Dale - the meeting point.

Looks like it could be hoods down!!!  8)

Back to the top
To go top downor not to go top down. That is the question!

Back to the top
Now got cloudy and very, very light drizzle with 31 minutes to go!!!  :roll:

Back to the top
Ha ha I know I'm a bit early but I'm already here whoop lol can't wait for u guys to get here coz I'm starving lol been waiting for this chippy tea all day just hope it will be just as good as last year lol  :P Also just keeping fingers crossed the rain stays away so I can do the full run again with top down :mrgreen:

Banner

Back to the top
Aww hey guys gutted I fell so far behind but there's always one int there when u don't need to pee u don't need to pee but then when u do u do lol I was just hoping that it wouldn't move as quick as it did coz my plan was to run n catch you's up but sods law has it n it didn't stop bloody moving arghhhhh  :banghead:

So sorry guys won't let that happen again next year coz I'll be carrying a pissin bottle in the car lol but as short lived as it was for the group to try n stay together still got some good pics  :mrgreen:

Was good to see y'all again keep ur eyes peeled for some good pics  :mrgreen:

Banner

Back to the top
Was kinda hoping as well that we'd meet up at the end like last year outside the firestation but as we've not I'll take we've all gone home lol hope u all have a safe drive home n I'll see y'all at Malvern next month :mrgreen:

Just another top drive through the lights and thank god it didn't pee it down lol :mrgreen:

Banner

Back to the top
Not a "pissin" bottle - a "pilot's Bottle" - say no more!

If you hadn't dashed off so quick you could have borrowed mine (unsed lol)

Mk1 GTI
B5 Passat Estate 5 SPeed
Riley 1071"S" Elf Mk2  (Bl**dy Hooligan machine!)
Bosch Lawnraker 32

Back to the top
Good to meet you all.  Thanks for making our first MK1 meet a good experience.

:D

Now I'll sit and wait for the pics!

Back to the top
Hi we had a good night good to put faces to names  hope every one got home ok  try and photos on soon take care:D

B reg cab

Back to the top
Hi all, it was a good night in all, the kids loved it and im slowly converting the missis. It was good that the rain kept off.Also thanks for not leaving me at the end off the night when i couldn't get it started :-)

Back to the top
we dont leave people behind someone will stop and help if they can .Its a vw thing glad you got home ok. :)

B reg cab

Back to the top
Was good to see the  first meet members and all the members that came along and made this another great gathering lets keep it going!
Keep following the NW Posse posts guys and get yerself there.
Yet another enjoyable Mk1 golf  meet n drive amongst good company. :D

Back to the top
Superbly organised by dano.. a very successful evening , nice to see some new faces  8)

some pics here

http://www.vwgolfmk1.org.uk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=713600#713600

Back to the top
Good pics! Mine turned out pretty crappy in the end.
We had a good night. Thanks to Dano for organising it.  So glad we finally came out to a meet!

Back to the top
Thanks Dan for another great night out.
     May I suggest a drive out to Southport one sunny Sunday where we could convoy up and down the prom and Lord street all day if we want to. There is actually a fish and chip shop in Southport??.
 Any comments welcome.  John.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.