Skip navigation

F C Purcer 434/452 Old Kent Road, London

Back to the top

F C Purcer 434/452 Old Kent Road, London

I'll get out with my camera and take a decent photo, had a look at your stand was a bit busy, wouldn't mind getting plates etc made up.

MK1 Golf Cabby - C439 CHM Now sold replaced with a motorbike due to being unable to park cars at work!!!!!!
MK1 Golf GTI - ELV 216Y (Elvis) NOW SOLD!!! MAYBE TO BE REPLACED BY???
MK2 Golf VR6 Project car

Back to the top

I have emailed a couple of photo to you. and had a quick play with the colour on this one think it should be blue and gold or silver background. Thanks John

MK1 Golf Cabby - C439 CHM Now sold replaced with a motorbike due to being unable to park cars at work!!!!!!
MK1 Golf GTI - ELV 216Y (Elvis) NOW SOLD!!! MAYBE TO BE REPLACED BY???
MK2 Golf VR6 Project car

Back to the top
I have a fair few dealer stickers and plate text kicking around, might be worth a sticky thread with a load of pics to aid the re manufacture

Ever growing range of new mk1 golf parts www.classic-vw.co.uk

Back to the top

campaignjerry said

Pursers is literally 5 mins walk from where i live. Was nit aware it went until i saw these strange posters in the window.They are stil there up to now and does not indicate what its going to be changed into.They have only moved about ten minutes away

Hi Jerry,
I was looking at a repro tax disc today and wondered which was the nearest Post Office to FC Purser was. 

On Google there is one shown at 240 Old Kent Road - do you know if it's a long standing PO? 

I'm trying to find out if newly purchased cars were taxed at the PO or via DVLA in 1984 so I can get the correct details on the disc.

Thanks for any help folks. 

Back to the top
Hi Dano… 240 is still currently a post office but I cannot tell you how long they have been open…. I've been there just over 20 years but used to use the one on Borough High Street. If you want I can find out when Im back in the UK.

Back to the top
Thanks Jerry. 

I was only wondering what dealerships did 'back in the day'. At 17 when my car was new there's no way Id be in the market for a new car so I have no idea if they taxed at the PO or DVLA - does anyone else know/ remember???

If you are passing the PO and aren't too embarrassed to ask a strange question then it would
be good to know.

Thanks, Dan

Back to the top
Hi Dano

Well I've had mine 30 yrs this year and have always taxed at the post office, but can still double check for you.

Back to the top
Hi Dano… Well I had to go to the post office on Old Kent Rd yesterday and remembered your request. They said they had been there for about 60 years. 

Back to the top
Thanks Jerry.  :thumbs:

So the next question would be… Would the dealership send 'the boy' to tax the new cars at the local post office or wod they be done via DLVA/ Swansea? 

The local PO could have been pretty busy at the start of the month, especially August when the new plates came out!!

Back to the top

funk-star said

I have a fair few dealer stickers and plate text kicking around, might be worth a sticky thread with a load of pics to aid the re manufacture

funk-star - Do you still fancy doing this? If you snap them and send them to me, I'll do the heard and update it as and when you get more. 

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.