Skip navigation

Mk.1 Cabby - 16V 9A ITB's 220+ aka. "The beast"

Back to the top

Mk.1 Cabby - 16V 9A ITB's 220+ aka. "The beast"

Hi guys,

Just wanted to post a cabby that I got for the summer - It has an …. ehmm … decent engine setup  :mrgreen:

My other thread with my 82 Mk1 daily driver:
The Mk1 Golf Owners Club

Specs:

1983 Volkswagen Golf Mk1 GTI Cabriolet

Engine:
VW 2,0 16V 9A engine from a Scirocco 16V
Schrick 272 degree camshaft
Schrick fully adjustable camshaft wheel
Special flywheel (Expensive!)
Cylinder head modified heavily w. largest possible valves
Electromotive ECU (Expensive!)
Electromotive Ignition Module
Special ignition cable and spark plug caps (Westspeed)
Jenvey ITB 45mm throttle bodies with big polished trumpets
Pipercross trumpetsocks (Filterbox to come)
+ a lot more

222,6 HP / 260 NM

Everything is built to last and with the best parts - The car is running perfectly all the way through the RPM range.

It has the same engine and MFA etc and same setup ab werk as the W65 Pirelli.

On top of that the car has a full beige interior/top, Karmann bodykit, brown Porsche paint and gold BBS RM012 wheels - Disc brakes in the rear from Scirocco 16V for safety :D

I'm a happy guy  8)

1982 - Mk1 Golf 2.0 AGG 8v - 158 HP / 202 NM

Back to the top
Nice little monster You,ve got! Great power and also it is very simple and beautiful on the outside! Congrats!

Back to the top
wat r the tyres the wheels spec?..kinda awesomee..i'm guessing 15x8.5'' and 15x9.5''?? :dontknow:

Back to the top
Thats a good power curve too!

I bet its an animal

Back to the top
sweet, i want it...........NOW!!!!!

1989 MK1 Golf Clipper
1999 Ford Cougar 2.5 v6 (soon the nightmare will be over and car gone)

Back to the top
Whats the paint code for that its gorgeous

Back to the top

Back to the top
Lovely mate!

Real Nice

Back to the top
NICE AND FAST 8)  8)
What's the size of wheels and tyres?

82 Golf 1.8 20VT
My Project

Back to the top
Sweet ride and engine spec, that's the way to do it.

Best Regards

SpiNix // Casper

Holstebro - Denmark.

Back to the top
Thats is lovely ! :-)

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top
wow, nice engine spec

everything works well together  8)

me: www.facebook.com/mkoneman
work: www.facebook.com/obdworks
club: www.facebook.com/dubcluboxford
instagram: mkoneman

Back to the top

Back to the top

id_shane said

wat r the tyres the wheels spec?..kinda awesomee..i'm guessing 15x8.5'' and 15x9.5''?? :dontknow:

I can't recall the exact tyre spec - I'll check up on that next time i visit the garage  :wink:

The RM's are as you correctly observe 8,5" in the front and 9,5" rear  :mrgreen:

The cops are doing reverse backflips over here when the pull me over - They don't like wheels poking out under the arches :roll:

My favourite are the 3 split BBS RS, but i think the gold center works very well with the wide polished lips  :D

Back to the top

Hurtig said

id_shane said

I can't recall the exact tyre spec - I'll check up on that next time i visit the garage  :wink:

The RM's are as you correctly observe 8,5" in the front and 9,5" rear  :mrgreen:

The cops are doing reverse backflips over here when the pull me over - They don't like wheels poking out under the arches :roll:

My favourite are the 3 split BBS RS, but i think the gold center works very well with the wide polished lips  :D

Nope RM is better :mrgreen:
and for the cops.. 8) ..they were prob. jealous  8) ..ups..sorry Dano.. :lol:

Back to the top

SpiNix said

Takker - Vi ses jo nok også til træf i det danske når sommeren for alvor tager fat  :mrgreen:

Back to the top

Hurtig said

SpiNix said

Takker - Vi ses jo nok også til træf i det danske når sommeren for alvor tager fat  :mrgreen:

:lol:  well that explain a lot ,why the cop doin reverse backflips..you came from some country that invent the scandinavian flip…cool :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

and from one of your picture, says "Kontor"..that stands for office?? :dontknow:

Back to the top

id_shane said

Hurtig said

id_shane said

Nope RM is better :mrgreen:
and for the cops.. 8) ..they were prob. jealous  8) ..ups..sorry Dano.. :lol:

Well as long as it's a BBS split there's no reason to argue - They're all divine :mrgreen:

Plans for the future is a complete overhaul on the interior.

- I have just ordered a huge package from Volkswarenhaus.de with complete new beige carpet and new beige Wolfsburg mats, a ****load og Wolfsburg trim and a lot of other stuff.

- The leather seats is to be treated with a complete colour cure and just general tlc  :D

- The top is up for a a cleaning and a new waterproof treatment.

- I also need to replace the gauges with new ones and rewire them. I'm looking for water temp, oil temp and air/fuel gauges  :D

- Install GPS Tracker (Already bought)

etc etc  :roll:

Back to the top
A few pics from a Danish car magazine called "VMAX" where the "Beast" featured a 4 page article  :mrgreen:

Back to the top

GTInCyprus said

NICE AND FAST 8)  8)
What's the size of wheels and tyres?

Thanks  :)

Tyre size are 195/45-15  :mrgreen: