Skip navigation

1976 Vespa Rally 200 Restoration - Complete

Back to the top

1976 Vespa Rally 200 Restoration - Complete

slowly but surely :D

silver in progress

Back to the top
Good stuff Tony - parts looking real good... nice work.

Cheers Hugh.

www.vwgolf1.com - vw golf parts and genuine accessories!

Banner

Back to the top

Shughy said

Good stuff Tony - parts looking real good… nice work.
cheers hugh, its gonna start getting interesting soon with the frame being painted, engine rebuilt and I am hopefully going to zinc plate some of the smaller components myself  :?

Cheers
Tony

Back to the top
Looking great tony,bet you cant wait to get her painted and back together then on the open road. :D  :D

Back to the top
This is coming on real great I believe you have been exchanging notes with my good friend BrynO on an other forum, it's a small world he's building a rally 180 all the best with the restoration

I love Classic Lambrettas, Vespas & Mk1 Golfs.

Back to the top

Retro said

This is coming on real great I believe you have been exchanging notes with my good friend BrynO on an other forum, it's a small world he's building a rally 180 all the best with the restoration

cheers..  and yes BrynO has been a great help on the Vespa Forum.. I had a look thru his rally 180 post, he doesnt muck about does he..

Do you have a scooter? what mk1 are you driving?

Back to the top
I have a series 3 Lambretta and a series 2 Lambretta the misses has a vespa Px 125, I've also got a mk1 golf with a 1.8 20 valve turbo tt engine in it went to Santa pod today for the GTI festival but the gearbox went pop on the way home so got some fixing to do now.

I love Classic Lambrettas, Vespas & Mk1 Golfs.

Back to the top
small update for you. my rally has been having some welding done, but now its complete…  back on with the priming and seam sealing of the frame.

Went and bought the actual colour it will finally be today…

its gonna be Flash Red, same colour as a mk1 sportline (below) .    I did try and get original colours but in the end opted for something a bit more modern that I like. I have the ELECTRONIC sticker kit but I'm hoping to have the stripes painted in.

here's mikeyT 's sportline from last week

Back to the top

PNERally said

small update..   its coming along nicely…   :D

Back to the top
My rivage is doing my head in at the moment  :banghead:

but thankfully this project is going to plan  8)

1st colour on ready for flatting, final coat then laquer…… :D  

Back to the top
Not a big scooter fan but this is going to look pretty damn sweet when it's done!  Best of luck with it all :D

Back to the top
Scoots lookin good Tony 8) cant wait to see it complete be swish.
Dont let the Rivage get to ya you ll get it right in the end,

Back to the top
She is starting to look the part now Tony,keep up the good work.

Back to the top
looks really good, are you doing the painting yourself ???

1988 1.8 carb Golf Clipper

Back to the top

djheap22 said

looks really good, are you doing the painting yourself ???

my uncle is doing all the paint work..  its not his official trade but he's been doing his own scooters up since the 70's

he's doing a cracking job

decals going on

Back to the top
very nice, gona look cool ;-p

Back to the top
cheers for the comments guys..

lacquer going on soon, then it'll be carefully being rebuilt

Back to the top
Looks like you will have her finished before my baby is. If you need anyone to run her in give me a call. :lol:  :lol:   :lol:

Back to the top
scooter boy oi lol,looks great, i had one of theses given to me years ago wish i still had it.theres a place in newport taffspeed they do parts for vespas etc dont know if any good to you mate.there number is07794 003276

Back to the top
Great work, I'm really looking forward to seeing it when it's finished.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.