http://www.paint-strip.co.uk/

they can dip an entire car  8O

Back to the top
decided to take the frame to be stripped as all the seal had gone

yes you can get a vespa in a mk1 golf :D

all rust and paint will be gone soon! nothing will be hiding :shock:

1st pass at cleaning the engine, before and after

Back to the top
She will be a looker when you get here finished,but there is no rush take your time, all good things come to those
who wait ? :)  :)

Back to the top

andy-b said

She will be a looker when you get here finished,but there is no rush take your time, all good things come to those
who wait ? :)  :)
just the man I wanted to speak to.. read you thread and I'm after some ali clean for this project, didnt fancy paying £6 for delivery? did you pay for delivery? do you know of anywhere local that sells it

Back to the top
Hi mate, I paid for delivery but i bought a lot more stuff,if i am correct arnt Frosts based at Rochdale,
Thats not that far away from you.

Back to the top
cheers.. about £6 petrol away :lol:

think i will bite the bullet

10 for ali clean 6 for delivery :x

What do you think on the Engine casing..  Ali Clean, Ali blast, then does it need the clear coat?  it it ok at high temp?

is under hood black good at high temp too?  thinking of doing my cowl in it

Back to the top
Just had a look at the cans concerned,non give a max or min temp i only used ali blast on
things like water pump,dizzy,on things like exhaust and inlet manifold i used a high temp paint
and powder coated the rocker cover and sump.As for the engine block i used por15 again a high
temp paint.That all said the gearbox was done with ali blast and diamond clear laquer. Hope this helps

Back to the top
cheers andy…

got my frame back..  what do you think?  :D

Back to the top
HMMM :) its gona be a minter! Tony    hope its not for sunny days only when done :lol:

Back to the top
no it will be used as usual for work.. when i dont have a car space.(most days)
and also be more of a target for theives  :x

hope its another 35 years before it needs some attention again  :D

Back to the top
Hi mate,this is the first day i have been able to get on to the forums since the 12th,
Looking good so far when does the prep work start for the respray,and what have you
decided to do with the engine casing and parts.

Back to the top

andy-b said

Hi mate,this is the first day i have been able to get on to the forums since the 12th,
Looking good so far when does the prep work start for the respray,and what have you
decided to do with the engine casing and parts.

The frame is still having some welding done, all the Ali Stuff has been blasted ready for painting

as for the casing I am gonna Ali Clean/ Ali blast, then is there a sealer/ laquer to use??

Back to the top
Did you check out if ali blast will stand up to the heat from the engine because if it dosent
then it wont make any differance what you put over it.

Back to the top

andy-b said

Did you check out if ali blast will stand up to the heat from the engine because if it dosent
then it wont make any differance what you put over it.
was thinking the actual casing in ali blast and barrel in something like por15.  gonna ring frosts this week to see if they can give any advice

welding and blasting

Back to the top
A bit of cleaning this evening(Ali Clean), reckon one more cleaning session and I will be there  :mrgreen:

Back to the top
Lookine good, Ali clean brings it up a treat doesent it,will you be at ultimate on sun if so
i will see you there.

Back to the top
Yeah its coming up well..  Gonna give it another going over soon.  Wont be at ultimate this weekend.  keep an eye on regional..  Mark oggy trying to organise a meet end of march

Back to the top
these are being refurbed as a supplier has been messing me about

and some priming has been happening

Back to the top
The swift progress is looking very good Tony this "scoot" is gona be swish 8)
There are too many online users to list.