Skip navigation

Project Sleeper - Mk1 Golf 20vT AEB... Now Runs :)

Back to the top

Project Sleeper - Mk1 Golf 20vT AEB... Now Runs :)

Cheers pal. Appreciate the kind comments there. If you ever need a hand or struggling with anything let us know  :D

Back to the top
That is an amazing thread 8)    I wish I had 1% of the tech knowledge and skill you have, awesome, just awesome.

Back to the top
Loving the build I'm just about to start doing mine so might have to pick your brain for help. Just brought a aeb engine for almost nothing and got a 02a gearbox and the mounts.

Back to the top

oliverbeer said

That is an amazing thread 8)    I wish I had 1% of the tech knowledge and skill you have, awesome, just awesome.

Thanks mate, its something i've really enjoyed doing and only picked up since i bought the car. Alot of info and advice are on the forums here so i have to thank them really :)

Back to the top

simongolf83 said

Loving the build I'm just about to start doing mine so might have to pick your brain for help. Just brought a aeb engine for almost nothing and got a 02a gearbox and the mounts.

Sure mate, any questions just ask  :D

Ive nearly finished mine, just waiting for the loom, suspension and brakes, before the big start  :mrgreen:

Back to the top
I've had some luck on the loom some bloke is breaking a mk1 golf with a 1.8t setup so he's selling things cheap and all the hard works been done.

Back to the top
paintwork looks amazing, great thread

Back to the top
How you getting on with the spaghetti jungle Gary :D

Back to the top
Very good project mate.
You know this game :wink:

82 Golf 1.8 20VT
My Project

Back to the top
Cheers chaps! :)

That Spagetti jungle you are referring too was passed onto Rubjohny mate.

He has the loom a while now but im hoping it will return soon. £100 well spent if it comes back all singing and dancing… :D

I will update some more pictures tomorrow as there has been alot of updates on the intercooler/grille modifications, but here is a teaser for now :P

Back to the top

Back to the top
Ok i have been working on the car quite alot leading upto Christmas. I'm Hoping to get things up and running very soon.. just awaiting the loom now.

Heres some pictures on the Front End Modifications- I hope you like :)

Back to the top
I like! 8)

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
very smart mate  :wink:

Back to the top
Oooh.. I like this. Keep up the good work

Back to the top
Hi

Absolutely brilliant work! I love the detailed pics (including the tea & biscuits and fizzy bottles lol) and all the effort you've put into this.

Cant wait to see it finished :)

Its a credit to you

Steff

I saw a crinkly peanut tomorrow

Back to the top
Great work...looks spot on!

Mk1 Gti Cabby project on the go! Detailed engine, roof off, leather interior, 16's, painted, now getting put back together!

http://www.vwgolfmk1.org.uk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=103263&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc

Back to the top
Wow.  What an excellent project!  Great thread, really enjoyed reading it.
Looking forward to future updates!

Back to the top
superb! hopefully we will see this in the flesh soon at a NW meet :-)

Back to the top
Here is another Modification i have done to the front end of the car. These plastic inserts are great quality and made by Bouchay from our very own Mk1 Golf Owners Club.

I just had them sprayed the same colour to match the car.

All Complete

On the Car

As you can see, the Silver Ports are for the Air Filter and Oil Cooler. I have made custom gaskets using leftover Hoses on both sides to prevent any scratching off the paintwork and to give a good solid fit.

Now its to start the dreaded wiring, luckily i have Rubjohny on hand for advice aswell some great right ups.

My Soon to be new air filter once the MAF has arrived

…and, the worlds most expensive tool bench  :mrgreen:

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.