Skip navigation

your user name ?????

Back to the top

your user name ?????

just got to thinking whats the story behind peoples user name, some are clear cut to why they have choose them like mine in away, since-1983 clearly a boring git and not creative lol born in 1983,

other clear cut ones where people use there name or name and car model which straight to point and very handy if you was looking for info on a certain model

but the ones i'm talking are like ew,spudfingers,funkstar,a50py

it be quite intresting to know why some have choose this different types user name perhaps theres a story behind it,

Back to the top
um because my name ian and i own a polo lol

Back to the top
Well… When I joined the cops 22 years ago there were too many David's on the shift so I had to change mine!
There was a Nissan dealer called Dan Perkins so it stuck. Then the phrase came in
'Book em Dano' and it went from there. It was that or Carl after the rock n roll singer!!

My mum has never like my nickname!!!!  :redfaced:  :roll:

Back to the top

bens_cab said

um because my name ian and i own a polo lol

like i said some are clear why,

Back to the top
My GTI is an early 1800. 8O (most parts dated summer 1982)

1983 Mars Red 1.8 Golf GTI
1987 Alpine White 1.8 Clipper Cabriolet

The trouble with doing nothing is that you never know when you are finished.

Back to the top
My last name is marsh and at school everyone called me marshy even the teachers

Back to the top
mine pritty obviously

I'm fat :) with a big wobbly belly

Banner

Back to the top
This should explain it..

Dont ask what your club can do for you, but what can you do for your club?

Back to the top
initials+date of birth

Back to the top

Back to the top
mine came from trying to log on to a site once my nick name is trickster or tricky but it was already taken for some reason, so had to come up with something else,

at the time i was working nights and just to extend it we pick a bird of pray the first one was the hawk and thus nighthawk was born

Back to the top
not really is it a personlised plate or just your 1st mk1 a5opy and still got it

Back to the top
Part of mine is from my surname..the rest should be obvious…..faster than a speeding beetle, leaps tall blades of grass in a single bound…..nobody does it better !!!!!!  LoL !!!!!!!!

Mk1 GTI
B5 Passat Estate 5 SPeed
Riley 1071"S" Elf Mk2  (Bl**dy Hooligan machine!)
Bosch Lawnraker 32

Back to the top
Hi, thought I'd join in :)

I generally use this username on everything, from forums I'm on to my playstation user name etc etc

sully992……..sully because my last name is O'Sullivan and it's what people at work usually call me, and 992 is the last 3 of my Army number, not very inventive but never usually taken up when I need a user name :)

Back to the top
Mine was created 13 years ago beleive it or not.  When I was 18 and had no money to go to the pub me and my mates used to go onto chat forums and banter with people whilst having a carry out.  We used to take turns typing the most obscure rubbish and getting reactions….. anyway… it seemed Americans would pick fun when we chose silly names then we'd rip them apart in front of the forum (they started it)… the Brits loved one particular name I made up… Spudfingers which always got a comment from Americans…. so I kept using it.

I grew out of doing that as we could afford to go to the pub more…. when I had to sign up here it was the first thing I thought of… little did I know I'd have to introduce myself using the name at AGM's and regional meets lol  :redfaced: … "Hi I'm Spudfingers"  :roll:  :redfaced:

Back to the top
Just couldn't get my green mk1 out of my mind, it is an obsession, and it is still 18 years later !!!

Hence Lhasa dreams :-)
Sad I know, but hey

Cheers,
Ade

Banner

Back to the top
Mine is a bit of a strange one, when my Daughter was about 3 she kept telling me her younger Brother was doing something
wrong/ messing about etc..etc.. we called her a little Police woman, 5 mins later Top Cat came on TV,  the copper in that
is called "officer Dibble" (for those of you over 35 you may remember this???) so she became Officer Dibble, that turned
in to Dibble, and then in to "Dibbler" which we still use today 10  yrs later.

You did ask!……..

Dib / Dibbler

Golf MK1 GLi Golf MK2 GTi Golf MK3 GTi Galaxy 2.3 Ghia X Seat Inca 1.9 Diesel Tomorrow is almost over, today went by so fast The only thing to look forward too is the past.

Back to the top
Mine is just a nickname I had from college… almost 20 years ago now…

Its hugh between an s and y! You have to say it with a west of Ireland accent!!! :wink:

Cheers Hugh.

www.vwgolf1.com - vw golf parts and genuine accessories!

Banner

Back to the top
"peerie" is youngest/smallest "hutchie" of course is Hutchison

Back to the top
Mine's the name of my website, named because I don't really feel like I fit in in France, so I'm a bit of a faker. It's my third name on here since 2006 - first changed because of a stalker and then because the pen name I changed to became a bit hard to maintain, so pen name now gone. Stalker still stalking unfortunately.

Life in the French Alps: www.lefrancophoney.com
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.