Skip navigation

We show Clarkson and crew how its done...

Back to the top

We show Clarkson and crew how its done...

A5OPY said

Bling said

I dont see the point of this? top gear tried to get that in a tintop and you have proven that it can fit in a convertible? anyway best of luck in what ever you are trying to prove or show.

Top gear didn't TRY and get it in a tintop at all we got it in a mk1 golf GTi like they said you couldn't, no one said anything about it having to have a roof :D  and it was a bit of fun and we had a laugh we promoted the Club in a good way to the crowd that was there.

i like the Dano's car top of the Tower idea, might not be as daft as it seems :wink:

like i said best of luck in what ever your trying to prove be it a tintop or softtop, i doubt in the real world anyone with alittle common sense would try and put that part into there car be it for 'fun' or stupidity! if your trying to promote the club try something that doesn't have to have some celeb linked to it. all the best!

Back to the top
Not trying to prove anything, we did it because we could in much the same way people climb Mount Everest 'because it's there'.

Never mind the meet folk, half the garden centre's customers came out to see what we were up to including the TV gardener. Maybe next time we'll all just sit in our cars in a car park for 6hrs so's not to offend anyone  :roll:

And as for common sense looks like this club's full of crack pots  8O

http://www.vwgolfmk1.org.uk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=89862&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

The thing about common sense is actually it's not that common  :mrgreen:

I no longer have the Mk1!! I now whizz round in a Black 1990 3dr Mk2 GTi 8v but the roof doesn't fold back when the sun shines :o

Back to the top
I liked it, well done, and the car looks good

Back to the top

drakey91 said

It can't just be left like that! Explain…Please :)

http://www.vwgolfmk1.org.uk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=83946

I no longer have the Mk1!! I now whizz round in a Black 1990 3dr Mk2 GTi 8v but the roof doesn't fold back when the sun shines :o

Back to the top
Thank you kavlfc, just the sort of program everyone wants their car to star in...

Back to the top

drakey91 said

Thank you kavlfc, just the sort of program everyone wants their car to star in…

Not just the car . . . . . . . . . . . the current registered keeper of the vehicle

8O 8O  8O

Sorry Dano, I can resist everything but temptation    :lol:

Back to the top
Okay... A bit worrying but each to their own I suppose

Back to the top
Well fair play I liked it.  Looked like fun to me!!!  Next time can Andy where a Clarkson curly afro hairdo please  :mrgreen:

Back to the top
Looks like Dano has a fancy dress box, could borrow one of him!!

Back to the top

Spudfingers said

Well fair play I liked it.  Looked like fun to me!!!  Next time can Andy where a Clarkson curly afro hairdo please  :mrgreen:

And you could have a run up to play the part of 'The Hamster' Spud as we're all quite tall in the north :wink:

Back to the top

kavlfc said

Spudfingers said

And you could have a run up to play the part of 'The Hamster' Spud as we're all quite tall in the north :wink:

I'm from Scotland so I know you're lying  :wink:

Back to the top

Spudfingers said

kavlfc said

Spudfingers said

I'm from Scotland so I know you're lying  :wink:

I'm not having that  8O Our friends North of the Border must be tall otherwise Hadrian's Wall wouldn't have been so high!!!!!!!  :wink:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hadrian%27s_Wall

Pole vaulting hadn't been invented back then  :lol:

Back to the top

Bling said

if your trying to promote the club try something that doesn't have to have some celeb linked to it.

Why?

Dont ask what your club can do for you, but what can you do for your club?

Back to the top
Don't  :roll:

I WIN!!!!!!! . . . . . . four letters and an apostrophe beats three letters and a question mark :mrgreen:

Back to the top
OI kavEFC!!!

Let it die!!!  :roll:

"It was only once when I was younger and I'm sorry if I've caused embarassment to my family and friends. I am willing to step down from my position"!!!

:lol:

Back to the top

Dano said

OI kavEFC!!!

Let it die!!!  :roll:

"It was only once when I was younger and I'm sorry if I've caused embarassment to my family and friends. I am willing to step down from my position"!!!

:lol:

Sorry mate, no reason to resign, I was having a laugh  :redfaced:  :redfaced:

Chill out, karma n all that me old chameleon  :roll:

Back to the top
Oo . . . Oo . . . . Oo . . . . . . The very same Top Gear episode is on BBC3 NOW :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

They've not got there yet  :wink:

Back to the top
yeah but phil's just set the Vic on Fire on BBC1, poor peggy  :(

Back to the top

PNERivage said

yeah but phil's just set the Vic on Fire on BBC1, poor peggy  :(

Another cheerful Eastenders episode  :roll:

If Eastenders wasn't on The Samaritans could go part-time!  :|

Can't beat a bit of Corrie, happy & cheerful Northern folk  :wink:

Back to the top
Abit of fun, you might get your bit of 1 minute fame you never know, but clarkson will not back down with the floppy and tintop argument.
BUT what knowbody has mentioned is WHY did clarkson in his sketch use a tintop?
The 3 other cars during the film all 3 were floppy tops, so why originally use a mk1 tintop or does clarkson see the tintop as the proper mk1 (Not starting argument before you think lol) or the fact he owns a tintop being bias and thus a tintop used .
I think that needs to be put across to him to explain.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.