Skip navigation

SATURDAY 4th SEPT - NW convoy to Blackpool Illuminations

Back to the top

SATURDAY 4th SEPT - NW convoy to Blackpool Illuminations

Don't worry Tony, the McD's is up by Freeport where we'll be setting the new Drive-Thru record (hopefully). Pitch and Putt is on the main prom area and we'll sort out times etc on the day. But if we do get split up no-one should be too far away anyway.

We're looking good weather wise, happy days  8)  8)  8)

I no longer have the Mk1!! I now whizz round in a Black 1990 3dr Mk2 GTi 8v but the roof doesn't fold back when the sun shines :o

Back to the top
So to just make sure

we are meetingat the B+Q which is at the end of the M65 Bamber Bridge at about 1:30 - 2:00 on Saturday then to freeport and then to the pitchn putt

im I right?

Dont ask what your club can do for you, but what can you do for your club?

Back to the top
Just checked the old BBC forecast for Saturday  :?  Oh what a day to be a cabby owner  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  8)  8)  8)  8)  8)  8)

Clear blue skys and 20C  

:rockon:

Andy, meet B & Q 13.30-14.00hrs. Depart B & Q 2ish, Macccy D's nonsense, whack it & nudge it, off through lights whilst being harassed by folk with big hands on sticks  8O

Chippy etc etc

Who's got the NW Banner?? Bring it whoever you may be  :mrgreen:

I no longer have the Mk1!! I now whizz round in a Black 1990 3dr Mk2 GTi 8v but the roof doesn't fold back when the sun shines :o

Back to the top
ahh, I see you are going Andy.. i will take the banner off you when its finished with for the show the week after.

anyone else wanna come on a club stand at houghton nr preston sunday 12th check out my post http://www.vwgolfmk1.org.uk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=89579&highlight=

Great news about the weather  :mrgreen:  Hood down through the lights..  :P  Think I will have my heated seats up full though  :wink:

Back to the top

"PNERivage" said

ahh, I see you are going Andy.. i will take the banner off you when its finished with for the show the week after.

anyone else wanna come on a club stand at houghton nr preston sunday 12th check out my post http://www.vwgolfmk1.org.uk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=89579&highlight=

Great news about the weather  :mrgreen:  Hood down through the lights..  :P  Think I will have my heated seats up full though  :wink:

Mk1 golf GTI cabriolet 1.8. Helios blue. born 02/08/1990.

Back to the top

PNERivage said

I'll just drop me fag in me lap, same effect but less wiring  :mrgreen:

Back to the top
FYI….Fleetwood Pitch & Putt

Google Maps

and St.Annes on Sea:

http://www.visitlythamstannes.co.uk/site/activities/mini-golf

Mk1 GTI
B5 Passat Estate 5 SPeed
Riley 1071"S" Elf Mk2  (Bl**dy Hooligan machine!)
Bosch Lawnraker 32

Back to the top
Cheers superworm, we'll go with the assumption that Fleetwood's open (should be) unless someone can tell me differently. I know about the St Annes one but parking's far more of an issue there  :wink:

Two days to go folks  :mrgreen:

Chippy's primed and ready to go, I've advised get another sack of spuds  :lol:

Back to the top
:banghead: sorry guys can't make it,work decided im working on that day i'll try and make the next meet :( try not to have to good of a day :|

1983 mk1 golf cabriolet black

1997 audi a4 tdi dark blue

1953 mk1 land rover

Back to the top
If you need to use the St.Annes Pitch & Putt, there is quite a large pay & display carpark at the "Island" on the South Promenade and, around the corner of the same block, there is a Toby Carvery ("Salter's Wharf") right next to the Pitch and Putt course which has another quite large pay & display carpark.  The Island complex is now closed but the carparks remain.  There is occassional parking on the seafront but is often hogged by folks in the hotels.  Another car park, also P&D, is situated a little further south by the "Beach Terrace Cafe"

I was hoping to join y'all having arranged to steal my daughter's Cab but I have now been seconded to navigate my buddy's spanking new Motorhome to Coniston & back over the weekend……but y'all have a great time anyway.

Mk1 GTI
B5 Passat Estate 5 SPeed
Riley 1071"S" Elf Mk2  (Bl**dy Hooligan machine!)
Bosch Lawnraker 32

Back to the top
As there's not long to go I've taken the liberty of stickying this until Saturday if that's ok  :mrgreen:

Got to wash the bloody car tomorrow evening after 12hrs at work  :roll:

Back to the top

kavlfc said

I'll be ringing the chippy this weekend with approx numbers of 30-40 people. Could those with more than two per car please let me know if you haven't already.

Thanks

Chris

Only a week to go, can't wait  :mrgreen:

There's 4 of us coming in my car.

Back to the top
hi
kavlfc

the girl friend and 2 kids have decided to come now so 4 of us in mine  :D

looking forward to the mc challenge,is some one going to video it?

Mk1 golf GTI cabriolet 1.8. Helios blue. born 02/08/1990.

Back to the top
I should think so Mark  :lol:

Right gang, tomorrow's the day so here we go :

Anyone from East Lancs side we can meet 1.15pm @ Junction 4 services M65 (nr McDonalds). I'm finishing work @ 1pm so will meet you folk there. Please post up if you intend on meeting at the services so we don't leave anyone.

Main meet point 1.30pm :

B & Q car park
Southrings Business Park
Bamber Bridge
Preston
PR5 6BZ

We will leave there approx 2pm for the drive towards McDonalds @ Freeport in Fleetwood. Then . . . . . . . .

Drive Thru Challenge

Pitch and Putt

Illuminations run

Seafarer's restaurant @ St Annes for supper  :mrgreen:

I'm sure there'll be free time if anyone wants to spend some of their hard earned @ Freeport  :wink:

Any problems drop me a PM or post on here, I will check on my phone throughout today and tomorrow    :wink:  

See you all tomorrow :mrgreen:

Back to the top
Whose bringing videoing equipment for the drive through challenge?

Back to the top
Gonna use my phone for pics and video, it's decent enough quality  :wink:

Back to the top

Back to the top

Dano said

I've got a video camera and tripod if that's any use?

I would bring that because you don't want to be holding anything for the time it will take to get 14+ Mk1s through a drive through!

Back to the top

kavlfc said

I should think so Mark  :lol:

Right gang, tomorrow's the day so here we go :

Anyone from East Lancs side we can meet 1.15pm @ Junction 4 services M65 (nr McDonalds). I'm finishing work @ 1pm so will meet you folk there. Please post up if you intend on meeting at the services so we don't leave anyone.

Main meet point 1.30pm :

B & Q car park
Southrings Business Park
Bamber Bridge
Preston
PR5 6BZ

We will leave there approx 2pm for the drive towards McDonalds @ Freeport in Fleetwood. Then . . . . . . . .

Drive Thru Challenge

Pitch and Putt

Illuminations run

Seafarer's restaurant @ St Annes for supper  :mrgreen:

I'm sure there'll be free time if anyone wants to spend some of their hard earned @ Freeport  :wink:

Any problems drop me a PM or post on here, I will check on my phone throughout today and tomorrow    :wink:  

See you all tomorrow :mrgreen:

Chris Are we hugging the Coastline all the way to fleetwood? or straight to fleetwood (A585) ..  I have a friend in St Annes who may video the drive by If we pass the pier?  Just Trying to Figure if we will be turning off Clifton Drive, to pass fairhaven lake and st Annes Pier, then getting back on to clifton drive  http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=4010652

reckon we'd pass through after 14:30

Back to the top
Certainly are Tony, we'll go Blackpool Road through Warton and Freckleton along the coast past the Windmill and Fairhaven Lake & Pier. Need to go that way as I need to call in at the chippy for menus  :lol:
Then we'll go up past Pontins then Prom all the way to Fleetwood, should be a nice drive  8) I'd say between half 2 and 3 through St Annes  :wink:

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.