Skip navigation

SATURDAY 4th SEPT - NW convoy to Blackpool Illuminations

Back to the top

SATURDAY 4th SEPT - NW convoy to Blackpool Illuminations

littlerolf said

Hello,

We will be coming on this, am going to organise a convoy from Yorkshire and see if I can get some of the other Yorkshire folk interested.

Waaaay Heeeeey  :mrgreen:

Thought we'd upset you folks, was ready to put some rolled up barbed wire across the A59 on the way to Skipton and start asking for passports

I no longer have the Mk1!! I now whizz round in a Black 1990 3dr Mk2 GTi 8v but the roof doesn't fold back when the sun shines :o

Back to the top
hi would you let me know which day it is, time and place etc . i am happy to come along . . it would be good to go though the lights with the hood down

Back to the top
hi if anyone is going from the west yorkhire area would they let me know please

Back to the top

carling said

hi if anyone is going from the west yorkhire area would they let me know please

Get in touch with Kim (littlerolf) as she'll be coralling the troops from over there.

I will post a rough itinerary later today  :mrgreen:

I no longer have the Mk1!! I now whizz round in a Black 1990 3dr Mk2 GTi 8v but the roof doesn't fold back when the sun shines :o

Back to the top
Count me in, (As long as its fish and chips)

Back to the top

mellrig said

Count me in, (As long as its fish and chips)

John, don't worry it's Drive-Thru in the afternoon and Chippy in the evening  :mrgreen:

Back to the top
So folks, here's the plan (a rough one) for the 4th Sept.

13:30 - 14:00hrs : Meet B & Q @ Bamber Bridge (end of M65)

14:00 - 16:00 : Run up the coast to Fleetwood via Lytham, St Annes-on-Sea, Blackpool, Cleveleys

Whilst in Fleetwood we'll be attempting to set a new Drive-Thru record up at Freeport (chance for a bit of shopping  :dontknow: )

Pitch and Putt for those who want to, or a stroll etc etc etc

19:00ish - Set off back towards Blackpool to take in the Illuminations then arrive in St Annes for chips and stuff at the Seafarers Restaurant (approx 21:30hrs)

Chris

:mrgreen:

Back to the top
Chris,

Have you booked the restaurant? The guy appreciates a bit of notice so he can get us all in.  :wink:

Back to the top
Not yet, going to look at numbers at the end of the week and give him a bell  :D

Back to the top

maccy dees

looking good for the drive through  :)

Mk1 golf GTI cabriolet 1.8. Helios blue. born 02/08/1990.

Back to the top
Looking good on attendance folks, going off posts we're currently looking at 14 cars (20ish people) not including our friends from W Yorks  :mrgreen:

Could anyone else interested please post up soon (it's two weekes on Saturday) so I've got a good idea of numbers for when I ring the Chippy to give him a heads up  :wink:

Thanks

Chris

Back to the top
Will get the Yorkshire Crew organised.

Kim

Yorkshire Region Host

Mk1 Cabriolet 1500 (under resto)

Mk1 GTI

Back to the top

kavlfc said

Looking good on attendance folks, going off posts we're currently looking at 14 cars (20ish people) not including our friends from W Yorks  :mrgreen:

Could anyone else interested please post up soon (it's two weekes on Saturday) so I've got a good idea of numbers for when I ring the Chippy to give him a heads up  :wink:

Thanks

Chris

Guess you will be wanting to know how many per car? 2 adults, 2 kids in mine

cheers tony

Back to the top
Good man  :mrgreen:

Whilst playing pitch and putt could everybody please refrain from doing this :

Thanks

Back to the top
ONLY TWO WEEKS TO GO!!!!!!!!!!

Back to the top

Back to the top
We don't, we hold the metal sticks that hit the little ball that ko's the poor unsuspecting cyclists riding past. Bonus points if you hit one wearing a stripy jumper and onions as they're probably french  :wink:

Back to the top
anyone coming from yorkshire on the convoy please post on this thread.

http://www.vwgolfmk1.org.uk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=595967#595967

thanks,

Kim

Yorkshire Region Host

Mk1 Cabriolet 1500 (under resto)

Mk1 GTI

Back to the top
hi count me in to,been last two year  :D two of us for now :dontknow:

1983 mk1 golf cabriolet black

1997 audi a4 tdi dark blue

1953 mk1 land rover

Back to the top
hawky!!!!!!!  8O

Nice to hear from you again!!! ……………………………………….

Don't forget your money!!!!  :lol:  :lol:  :wink:
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.