Skip navigation

SATURDAY 4th SEPT - NW convoy to Blackpool Illuminations

Back to the top

SATURDAY 4th SEPT - NW convoy to Blackpool Illuminations

Right folks, this is what I'm thinking (out loud!)

Have the run Saturday 4th rather than the Friday evening, this would allow folks from a bit further afield to join us and it's not a work day  :mrgreen:

Meet 12.30ish @ B & Q (end M65)

Nice leisurely jaunt from there taking in the views up through Blackpool to Fleetwood. Located there is a McDonalds with rather a large car park and drive-thru allowing the us chance to prep prior to setting the new record for Mk1s through a drive-thru  :wink:

Back onto the front for a game of pitch and putt (optional) :roll:  :dontknow:

Doss about for a bit then set off back to the Illuminations 6ish then going for chippy, that way shouldn't be too late a night.

How does that sound??

Dano, where's the chippy and what's it called mate??

I no longer have the Mk1!! I now whizz round in a Black 1990 3dr Mk2 GTi 8v but the roof doesn't fold back when the sun shines :o

Back to the top

blackpool

sounds sweet to me. :D

Mk1 golf GTI cabriolet 1.8. Helios blue. born 02/08/1990.

Back to the top
Essential details as follows…….

Early meeting point
B&Q
Unit 1 Craven Drive
Southrings Business Park, Bamber Bridge, Preston, PR5 6BZ

Then later on to

Seafarers Restaurant
343 Clifton Drive South,
St. Annes-On-Sea , FY8 1LP - 0871 963 2640

Read here for reviews!!!!!!
http://www.sugarvine.com/Fylde/reviews/review_detail.asp?restaurantid=5077&name=Seafarers%20Restaurant

Photos from 2008

Back to the top
That's the one just round the corner from the pier, opposite corner to the Admiral pub?

Cheers Dano, mucho appreciated  :mrgreen:

Is Saturday 4th ok for you?????

I no longer have the Mk1!! I now whizz round in a Black 1990 3dr Mk2 GTi 8v but the roof doesn't fold back when the sun shines :o

Back to the top
Yep - Ill have BabyDub - or not as she's 5 now, with me.

Just remember that it goes dark around 8.30-9.00pm so if we're looking to is see the lights at their best we'd have to go around then. That will make it a long day for people with young children, or older people (A5OPY  :lol: ).

Back to the top
We could always meet a little later 3ish on the Saturday then Andy can have a nap before we go  :lol:   Drive-Thru tea and chippy supper

Back to the top
I am up for going to blackpool, but lights get turned on from 8 onwards so might see who's coming from n.wales and meet up one end of the lights and have a massive drive thru? :dontknow:

Back to the top

Dannyd said

I am up for going to blackpool, but lights get turned on from 8 onwards so might see who's coming from n.wales and meet up one end of the lights and have a massive drive thru? :dontknow:

Cooool, from Wrexham to our meeting point is a couple of hours taking it steady so you could, if you wanted join us from the off  :wink: If we meet 2-3ish you don't have to set off 'til after lunch

Be good to have you along  :mrgreen:

Come on Kim, Chris, Sean, John, Pedders, djheap, djEv etc etc etc you know who you are  :wink:

Back to the top

drive thru

we need more than 13 cars through the mc donalds drive thru :cowboy:

Mk1 golf GTI cabriolet 1.8. Helios blue. born 02/08/1990.

Back to the top
I shall be in attendance and im liking the full day event idea to the pitch and putt is a must.

Dont ask what your club can do for you, but what can you do for your club?

Back to the top

A5OPY said

I shall be in attendance and im liking the full day event idea to the pitch and putt is a must.

"I want to break free"

:rockon:

Back to the top
'I'm going slightly mad' is probably more apt Danny   :eh:

Back to the top
Oooo, i did this the last 2 years with "demon dubs" in my bug, but with no heating and very slow going my missus was not amused!! May join in with the caddy if im not on my hols.

Back to the top

Back to the top
Does anyone live in Fleetwood????? Is the Pitch & Putt still going? Can't seem to find owt on the internet  :banghead:

Back to the top
This thread is quiet and I no like  :lol:

Back to the top

kavlfc said

Does anyone live in Fleetwood????? Is the Pitch & Putt still going? Can't seem to find owt on the internet  :banghead:
was a few weeks ago as i saw it in use mind you needed the grass mowing wasn't up to St Andrews standards, mind you there is a cracking pitch n putt at St Annes where the little train goes round the edge and there are trampolines and a cafe etc might be worth looking at that one  :D

We are the champions :wink:

Dont ask what your club can do for you, but what can you do for your club?

Back to the top
I'm up for this one  :D

83 MK1 1.9TD mars red, T25 TD campervan, 97 sharan-daily drive/work horse/rust bucket

Back to the top
Come on folks, who's up for a lovely day at the seaside???

Back to the top
Hello,

We will be coming on this, am going to organise a convoy from Yorkshire and see if I can get some of the other Yorkshire folk interested.

Yorkshire Region Host

Mk1 Cabriolet 1500 (under resto)

Mk1 GTI
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.