Skip navigation

SATURDAY 4th SEPT - NW convoy to Blackpool Illuminations

Back to the top

SATURDAY 4th SEPT - NW convoy to Blackpool Illuminations

For the last two years we've run a convoy to the opening night of the Illuminations and we're going again this year :mrgreen:
Please register your interest and further details will follow shortly.
This could be the NW region's chance to take the Drive-thru title. . . And a chippy supper?????

Thanks

Chris

I no longer have the Mk1!! I now whizz round in a Black 1990 3dr Mk2 GTi 8v but the roof doesn't fold back when the sun shines :o

Back to the top
Chris,

Just so I know, are you going to take the reins on this outing this year?

We were talkingb over the weekend that due to the AGM, A5OPY and I have been a bit busy to organise things but I'm more than willing to.

Count me in though.

Dan

Back to the top

blackpool lights

hi kavlfc

i am up for this. i have done the lights for 5 years now with my daughter, hood down.

it would be even better with a few mk1's together.

cheers mark

helius blue gti cab.

Mk1 golf GTI cabriolet 1.8. Helios blue. born 02/08/1990.

Back to the top
My missus has said yes to this(she has seen the agm vids/pics…) ??? :dontknow:  :roll:  :cry:  :cry: i shall see cause she wants to come :?

Banner

Back to the top
Hi kavlfc
first outing for me last year, great nite, be nice if we could fill the golden mile with golfs, count me in
Dave

Back to the top
What are the times for meeting up?

My lad starts his new school that day and can't miss it but we have been threatening to do the lights for years.

This would be a good excuse to actually do them!

I could pick my lad up at around 3.30pm on the friday from Oxfordshire and then it would be around a 3-4hr trip taking friday traffic into consideration.

I've just spoke to Dano about this and he has recommended a suitable place to stay near to where you meet up.

Back to the top

Dano said

Chris,

Just so I know, are you going to take the reins on this outing this year?

We were talkingb over the weekend that due to the AGM, A5OPY and I have been a bit busy to organise things but I'm more than willing to.

Count me in though.

Dan

Evening Dano, I'm happy to take the lead on this but if we're doing the chippy could use your expertise regarding it. Quite happy to sort orders and dollars off everyone but you know the man. Hopefully my wipers won't pack up half way down the M65 this year!!!!!  :banghead:  

So, those interested, do you want chippy tea or Drive-Thru challenge???

I no longer have the Mk1!! I now whizz round in a Black 1990 3dr Mk2 GTi 8v but the roof doesn't fold back when the sun shines :o

Back to the top
Ok Chris -

YOU'VE got the helm - this one rests with you!!!!!!  8O

For those wanting to travel

Premier Inn
Craven Drive
Bamber Bridge, Preston PR5 6BZ
0871 527 8914

is a decent hotel nd is right near B and Q where we usually set off from.

Back to the top
I'll be there

Back to the top
i`m up for it also

Back to the top
Right folks, I'm going to set up a poll regarding do we go the chippy for fodder or do a Drive-Thru challenge, this poll will run for 21days as from today. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE only vote if you are attending  :D

Thanks

Chris

Back to the top
sooner fill me belly with chips rather than drop burger bits on me carpet so i am for chippy.

Back to the top

Back to the top

chippy

chippy all the way, you cant go to the sea side and eat Mc bobbins  8O

what if we all go through the drive thru and get a drink so we do the challenge as well?

Back to the top

Re: chippy

markoggy said

chippy all the way, you cant go to the sea side and eat Mc bobbins  8O

what if we all go through the drive thru and get a drink so we do the challenge as well?

Feasible markoggy as the rules for the challenge are you must purchase ONE item so we could do both  :dontknow:  :dontknow:

Back to the top

chippy

fish,chips loads of salt and vinegar with a strawberry Mc milk shake  :D

HAPPY DAYS

Back to the top
Just booked the Premier Inn. Going to make a weekend of it!

Back to the top
count me in, what day is it and where do we meet up. Planned on doing this last year but had issues with my car.

Back to the top
The past couple if years have been on the Friday night (3/9/10 this year) on the night that they get switched on.

It is always VERY busy that night and it is sloooow going up the prom ie nowhere for toilet stops! Great atmosphere if the weather allows for hoods down!!

Back to the top
Taking Yomp's situation into account maybe Saturday would be better, could meet lunchtime go up through Blackpool returning early evening when it's a bit darker but not too late  :dontknow: Chippy & Drive-Thru on the day

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.