Skip navigation

Dub Freeze 2010

Back to the top

Dub Freeze 2010

Keep saying every year that I will not go again, but it is local and a morning out !!

The amount of water cooled stuff inside was worse than last year.

Enjoyed the walk around the car park though and of course the bacon butty :-)

Here are some pics I took:
Not one Mk1 Golf in the show and shine though :-(

This one was for sale, a 1958 model - he wanted £26,995 for it !!

Air conditioning in a Karmann Ghia

Cheers,
Ade

Banner

Back to the top
Nice one, thanks for the pics, inspiring stuff!

Back to the top
That yellow off road thing is great…. It's a Brasilian Gurgel X12 and I VERY NEARLY bought that particular car on two occasions it has been for sale by different owners….Sorry, I love a strange air cooled VW.

Current:   Porsche 914 1973
Previous: Ghia, Golf Country 3 Trekkers, 2 Bugs, Trabby, Split Ambulance, Iltis etc.

Back to the top
i went along for the morning out

suprised to see a few mk1 bit on stands

wasn't expecting anything so anything was a bonus

:)

Banner

Back to the top
I had a scooch at your SportLine LD, I have to say the leather interior is top top quality.

I read a thread on VZi written by the owner of the Gurgel (he also owns the new Beetle with the rusty bonnet and load of accessories) - he was setting off at 3.30am - no roof, no heating etc. Rather him than me !!!

Steve

Back to the top
I had a great day out thanks to Gammy and his eyes like a hawk!! Went on the quest for a rare ATS type5 center cap…..and scored one. RESULT!!! Not worth me loading my pics tbh as they are the same as above!!

Also bumped into Ronnie and Reggie Corky …hope you 2 had a good one - with you red pen :lol:  :lol:

Back to the top

dubfreeze

:wink: Nice to see you Ralph and sir Gammy.
pen run out after a couple of hours :wink:

Mark one golf gti cabby - SOLD
Mark five golf gttdi sport
Toyota hiace van!!!!
Splitty ;0)

Quality is worth every penny………………………..

Back to the top

Re: dubfreeze

corkygolf said

:wink: Nice to see you Ralph and sir Gammy.
pen run out after a couple of hours :wink:

8) You the man!

Back to the top
You've got all the MK1s I saw apart from mine  :( !  The sportline and the metallic red/orange cab (think this is an OEM colour, pretty close to one you could get a MKII in anyway?) with no back window were particularly tasty.  

Shame there were no MK1s in the show and shine, either of those two (and probably a couple of others) would have beaten the Lupo and MKIII hands down.  I followed RNP834Y a good few miles through the roadworks on the motorway on the way home till he pulled off with a comedy two-lane dive too.

Back to the top
Some good photos Lhasadreams, I spotted you and your wife coming out of the show and shine at one point but you were too far away to make contact with when Corkygolf pointed you out.

Was good walking round with Ralph, as Jellybelly said, there was very little mk1 bits….but I never expect there to be, so it is a plus when something turns up in the autojumbe….got 2 top mount covers for the front suspension….so that's a plus for me  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

My photos are going to be fairly similar to those that Ralph took and very similar to Lhasadreams, I'll post them up anyhow and hope I managed to get a photo of someones mk1 in the car park that hasn't already been shown……….

Back to the top
that last pic looks good but i could never do that to a camper knowing how much they worth lol.

\'83 Lhasa Green GX 1457cc

\'53 Mk4 Golf R32, Deep Pearl Blue

\'00 Kawasaki Ninja J1 ZX6R

\'92 B3 Passat Estate 1.6td (Now breaking) 😭

Back to the top
ooooohh whos capri green clipper in the car park!!?

Weber,ATS,Apex,Ripspeed,Supersprint,K&N MOMO..tbc

Back to the top
Thanks Sir Gammy :-) Didn't see you at all, good pics. Hopefully catch up at Ultimate Dubs, my Mk1 might be on the road again by then !!

stix123, its the Mrs cabby - she is so pleased with that interior, she saw a Sportline at Ultimate Dubs last year with a leather interior and just knew she had to have hers done the same !!

I agree on the splitty, I just don't get the rat look - never have. There was a guy at Inters last year that had a Scirocco done half and half - really couldn't see the point - he said he did it to be different - well everyone to their own I suppose !!

Cheers,
Ade

Banner

Back to the top
lhasadreams you've got me completely confused with one of those photographs, the one of the white tin top on a F plate? how does tht work its right hand drive so its not a golf citi import….

Back to the top
sedge i think its a caddy mate.

Also lhasagreams are u just going to ultimate dubs for the day or is there gona be a mk1 stand.

Back to the top
my bad haha your right millfischk after a second look :)

Back to the top
now you know why ive had the nickname crazy eyes for some time.

Mainly because i can make my eyes go in all different directions like the character in mr deeds lol

Back to the top
:lol: i really dont no what i can say to tht haha

Back to the top
just some useless info i thought i would share with you lol

Back to the top
I didn't put mine for the show n shine this year. Which car took standard water cooled out of those pictures?
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.