Skip navigation

Scrappage scheme

Back to the top

Scrappage scheme

i thought this scappage deal was to help the UK car industry get back on its feet,so we have how many uk car companys,making cars???the only bods making money are the sales teams at the dealers,coz most cars are imported,honda nissan only set up manurfactering  here to get round the amount they could import,not saying dont belive in the goverment just saying that we have been baffled with bull dung :banghead: yes all ford engines are made in the uk,and no doubt others have a few bits made here,vw only have tyres fitted to SOME OF ITS MODELS are made in the uk.so dont be fooled into giving up ur hard earned thinking you are helpin the uk,

Back to the top
Dead right, but korea is very happy with the scheme, sold lots.

Back to the top
scrappage cars goto scrap yards, not to be crushed as iv bought a few engines from them so somwe 1 is on the take

Back to the top
From what info i've gathered its a dealerships responsibility to flag up any car that is deemed special/rare.  :)  However, how many cars do get flagged up is another thing…. there was a program on the other night where a chap managed to save an old Riley RME after the dealership let him know, which was good to see, kind of restores the faith a little.

Totally agree that this is possibly this the most ill thought out, anti green policy by a British government(perhaps ever?) It does not make sense, why send a car that was built to cover 200k+ miles to an early death?

On another note, i'm getting pretty sick of anything built before 2000 being referred to as a banger! GRRRRR! :evil:

1991 Diamond silver 1800 16v Corrado 'Betty'

Gone, but not forgotten;

1985 Lemon yellow Polo coupe S

1983 Gambia red Golf C

1983 Diamond silver Golf GX

1981 Mars red Golf GTI

Back to the top
Don't even encourage the scrappage scheme….There are other ways and it is not neccessarily economically better or indeed environmentally better….Nuff said. :(

Current:   Porsche 914 1973
Previous: Ghia, Golf Country 3 Trekkers, 2 Bugs, Trabby, Split Ambulance, Iltis etc.

Back to the top

dibbler said

The scrappage scheme is a complete and utter waste of time and
tax payers money, and is merely the governments way of supporting
a failing manufacturing industry, which in fairness should sort its self out.

People bleat on about global warming, carbon footprints, energy
waste, got to be green, then………………..

Go and trade in a perfectly good car that has got the carbon footprint
of a yeti. More energy is wasted / consumed in making a new car than
is comprehendible. A Prius (that so called eco / hybrid car) has its
batterys made on the other side of the planet then shipped half way
round the world to be fitted, work that out???? how is that "Green".

Just an easy way for people to get in to more debt, and more revenue
for the financial institutions.

Waste of time in my opinion  :|

Dib

hear hear, i agree with all of that  8)

'83 1.5 LHD Golf LX

Back to the top
:clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Current:   Porsche 914 1973
Previous: Ghia, Golf Country 3 Trekkers, 2 Bugs, Trabby, Split Ambulance, Iltis etc.

Back to the top
the car in question has mot + tax + insurance

i am buying a new transporter crew-cab and if i can't sell the car (best offer 350 so far) then getting 1k off has to be worth it.

I am based in London but the ats cups are going onto my RE2000

I agree with what a lot of you are saying that the scrappage scheme is a joke and it's a shame to see a good mk1 die but i simply can't afford to keep it on the road and im a lodger in a expnsive part of London so projects are out of the question

thanks for the comments

I waste money on old cars
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.