Skip navigation

NEC Classic car Show 13, 14,15th November 2009

Back to the top

NEC Classic car Show 13, 14,15th November 2009

Dano said

We also have a couple of cassette banners that are outdated now so I've asked the Committee what they think about refurbing them.

Dan, agreed when you still in the chair to get these sorted, bu lets not 'date' them

we need to keep them a fresh design that can be used year in year out!!

Was hoping T could help with design work - cant remember costs on top, maybe you could speak to Andy and let me know the expected budgetreq'd for this show??

thanks
steve

Back to the top
how good a condition does your car need to be in to be excepted on the stand at this show?

my cars a daily , clean and a good runner and all present and correct but has very minor scratches on the  bumpers and skirts

was wondering if this is clean and tidy enough

GOLF MKII GTI 8V - sold

GOLF MKII DRIVER - ex took it

GOLF MKII GTI 16V - scrapped

JETTA MkII GTI 8V LMT EDTION

Back to the top
I may be wrong but its no fun driving a GTI on the motorway it just a means to get to a more interesting type of road where the Golf comes alive, my Volvo good on the motorway. As for stand ideas how about a large  flat screen showing tv adds of the age etc also ask volkswagen for help they produced an iconic car they may wish to help celerbrate the fact. Could help on stand but only for a weekend day if that helps.

Back to the top

ninespoke said

I may be wrong but its no fun driving a GTI on the motorway it just a means to get to a more interesting type of road where the Golf comes alive, my Volvo good on the motorway. As for stand ideas how about a large  flat screen showing tv adds of the age etc also ask volkswagen for help they produced an iconic car they may wish to help celerbrate the fact. Could help on stand but only for a weekend day if that helps.

ninespoke - welcome to the site and thanks for the input!

VW are pretty reluctant to get things out of - but at least Lawsy got 2 WHOLE cars for the AGM in July!!

The club already has a TV screen to view footage on but I've not got any footage to go with it. The main idea I think is actual props for the stand. we have a set area so we can go mad. I had another email back from the organisers yesterday saying that we can hang a banner between the stands either side of us so long as its in a secure frame (???), not really sure what that meant but I'd still like some more input from people please.

we need ideas as to how to depict 'The Joys Of The Open Road' or '50 Years Of Motorways'.

Please have a think.

Dan

Back to the top
This is still going ahead, although suggestions have been, well, none existant as far as theme suggestions are concerned. Thanks!!!

Yomp has made a very valid suggestion to show our cars off to their full potential and that's to buy some carpet tiles and have a logo printed onto them. I'd suggest the club logo similar to the banners.

Does anyone work for a carpet company who could supply a price for a     12 x 9 meter covering?

COMMITTEE - what do you think?
A5OPY - any price on the cassette banners please?

Dan

Back to the top

Dano said

This is still going ahead, although suggestions have been, well, none existant as far as theme suggestions are concerned. Thanks!!!

Yomp has made a very valid suggestion to show our cars off to their full potential and that's to buy some carpet tiles and have a logo printed onto them. I'd suggest the club logo similar to the banners.

Does anyone work for a carpet company who could supply a price for a     12 x 9 meter covering?

COMMITTEE - what do you think?
A5OPY - any price on the cassette banners please?

Dan

Sorry Dan forgot about cassette banners will ask :oops:
as for carpet might be able to help here as a guy in the units near mine at work does carpets etc will ask we only need cheap stuff of a dark colour?
i assume

as for ideas for the stand I have been thinking of a Vidieo we can do, need to think about it and do story board and let you know, also we will need a PC style projector and screen and amp and speakers etc :wink:

Dont ask what your club can do for you, but what can you do for your club?

Back to the top
Slightly off topic but here is a competition with 10 pairs of tickets up for grabs:

http://www.goodtoknow.co.uk/competitions/show/id/6877

2 pairs here:

http://www.birmingham101.com/101classicmotor2009.htm

Back to the top

if you need it its available

hi rivage is available if you would like it

at Standford hall this year class winner and winner at margam park s. wales

completely standard no mods

Cheers Ade

Back to the top
Would you like a pink car?

Love Amanda

Back to the top

Amanda said

Would you like a pink car?

Love Amanda

Why, do you know someone with one?

T

Back to the top
Might do!

Back to the top
yours would be cool Amanda

but I'm prettymuch certain we ahve all cars sorted now

Back to the top
Any thoughts on getting carpet tiles?

Andys photo shows a plain black floor and I'm sure that we could do better than that, even if its simply a cheap roll to tape down at the edges and throw away afterwards… although my garage would benefit MUCH more!  :oops:  :lol:

Hairyarse said

quote]

Back to the top

Dano said

Any thoughts on getting carpet tiles?

Andys photo shows a plain black floor and I'm sure that we could do better than that, even if its simply a cheap roll to tape down at the edges and throw away afterwards… although my garage would benefit MUCH more!  :oops:  :lol:

see mods section post

Back to the top

Back to the top
Hi

I have an immaculate MK1 Golf Cab restored with Aston Martin white paint with rainbow metal flake in the paint work??

Nicky

Back to the top

Nicky said

Hi

I have an immaculate MK1 Golf Cab restored with Aston Martin white paint with rainbow metal flake in the paint work??

Nicky
Cheers for the offer of your Cabby :D I think Dano has now sorted all the cars out that are going to be on the stand, Didn't even manage to get mine on  :cry:

hope you can attend anyway would be good to see you and have a chat :D

Dont ask what your club can do for you, but what can you do for your club?

Back to the top
I am really hoping to go, so fingers crossed!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to the top
I'm pondering on being able to fit in a modified car.

I was think of Devo's brown Peoples Choice but its off the road for winter.

I don't know who owns the bright yellow smooth engine bay hardtop with the scuttle panel removed - can anyone help me out on that please?

Any other suggestions for a modified example in good condition/ something different - dare I say it… rat lookish (but well done, not just tatty!!!)
Dan

Back to the top
Might have my Caddy on the road by then…..not sure what colour, but, will be a bit ' different'….
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.