Skip navigation

Project Dust 1.8 20vt

Back to the top

Prodject Dust 1.8 20v t

a will make a point of looking you up ebo ur only about 30mile from me would love 2 see ur build ur doin a good job m8 just love the seats a will pm u when mines is ready to get oot a will run up n see ya

jj weir

Back to the top
Ideal mate would be nice to see another mk1 :D theres next to nothing local mk1 wise few bobbing about but no mini community anyway! :banghead: Im in the city center every day for work where abouts you from?

Ive got a set of mk 1 gti seats im thinking about haveing a go at re-trimming so will see how they come out and take it from there :wink: they'll proberely be up for grabs if anyone is interested as at the moment they're just takeing up space!

Ive mainly done alot of boreing stuff so far the fun bits coming soon fitting the engine an wireing it up ever learning as i go!

1.3 Driver - 1.8t in progress
http://www.vwgolfmk1.org.uk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=56551

Daily driver : e36 325 tdi se / slammed on konis and bbs rco401's
Daily offroader : discovery 1 6" lift monster :D

Back to the top
am in cranhill next 2 the m8 motorway my cabby has 2 odd seats ave got 2 tombstones that need recoverd  am realy stuck on wot to do mate give me first shout on the seats but a would  like 2 take a wee run out at the end march or very early aprill and see ur car and we can pow wow  then thanks ebo  8)

jj weir

Back to the top
sound mate hopefully the engine will be in place by then loads of variables and a six day week makes progress fun! need a clutch actualy thats another thing on the ever growing list!

Back to the top
a no mate am for ever buying for her but the looks that you get make it all worth while every one that doesent have a mk1 would love 2 have one or wants to buy it off you a would sell ma wumin before a would sell ma babie lol

jj weir

Back to the top
lmao am the same mate my middle brother was car less at one point though. So we rock paper scissored for it and he won bugger lol :mrgreen: so he had it for a few months as a daily then felt guilty cause of what id done to it and decided to give it back after a mate phoned and said it was in fast an modified or something similar. Turned out a small inch by a inch pic saying allways nice to see a ratt look mk1 :) wasint complaning though lol

The week after  that show it had pics taken by fast car at falkirk cruise! was a laugh bumperless in primer was getting geers fae more than a few folk including a mk4 anniversery, a porker and a new spanking gtr.  And the photogropher walked down twanged them and took a few pics of the ratt look mk1.   8)   Later it occoured that my bruv was mid building a spliff then smoking it in the photos so they never made the mag gutted lol

Back to the top
Due to the agressive tin worm ive stripped and welded a new floor in to it and hit it with a few layers of the shutz under seal.

Plus a up to date picture of the family my e30 325 cab e36 325 tdise and discovey 1 off road mobile / parts bus

Nothing like a slammed e36. I like the stance but hate the fact its a e36 lol

Back on topic i need to get the back axel over hauled and paint my tank then gonna run new fuel / brake lines before it hits the deck again :D

Tombstones may be up for auction as im considering going another direction.

Back to the top
Hello is anyone out there? Well along time later been working more than living ive decided that a more direct approach is required. Ive decided its time to go togher and once built ill make it pretty or it may never get done.

Im just back from a trip to nurburgring and wished it had been in the mk1 and not the daily sdi :D So within a week the cars now rolling with the 20v bolted in place ive started wireing the fuel pump and ecu into it. (thanks to rubjonny for his help an advice)

Ive done the shake proof washer pulley mod.  Its worth mentioning that my original bolt head was two small and in effective for a m18 washer so i put a thick washer on before the shakeproof re adjusted then bolted down an it now sits perfect. On this note i was looking at my belt and tensioner prior to fitting and it seemed in good nick however it should be replaced incase of falure with that in mind kent cams supply a uprated item seperate to the kit for £43 so im thinking of swapping it out for that.

Also a epic fail ive lost my diagram for the ms ecu and although theres many out there ive been advised to get hold of toyotec for a replacement i have done just waiting on a reply.

More soon but i want to get it running by my birthday in october so wish me luck :D

Back to the top
Well time dosent half get on and after two more years ignoring the mk1 id like to get somewhere in it soon so today i ordered a tdi 1az sump for it because i wasint happy with welding bolts for a return onto my 8v one i moddified. 

Its worth saying stick to one prodject at a time ive got loads of different monsters kicking about and i never seem to get back to the mk1. 

Soon my pretty :D

Back to the top
Definitely stick to one project at a time. I've been tempted a couple of times now to buy another project, especially when the one you working on comes to a stand still for a while.

Look forward to more updates :cool:

Back to the top
Totaly man. Turns out a 1az sump dosent have a oil return hole which kinda sucks back to modifing a 8v sump. :p

Back to the top
Okay so here we are another 7 months later and nothing to report except i now have a octavia estate as a daily and a few other cars lmao

Anyway i now have two friends who have near completed theyre vr rebuilds or conversions hasseling me to get my finger out. 

So now im thinking im going to run the fuel / brake lines through the cab. 

I will endevour to have some pictures and progress soon :D

Back to the top
Get on with it Ebo! I thought I was bad lol

Back to the top
Hey dunc i know i feel like i may have missed something hahahah nearly bought A mk2 today aswell

Not got the sump back yet but the same guys got a vauxhaull efi pump and swirl pot for when i go back to see him. Origenaly a carb engine. 

Had organised a deal for the aux belt tensioner alternator And bracket but i think its fallen through as the guys edgey about using ebay/paypal so im going to try and organise something i can touch before buying hahahah

Back to the top
Ok got the sump back guy had a different fuel pump unfortunetly. 

To cut a long story short my mate said bring everything round and ill rattle it togher for you. So after years of collecting and tinkering i realised i still had alot of unanswered questions and missplaced bits…

So yesterday i cracked and bought a agu complete with all pipes loom ecu etc and a o2a gearbox and mk3 vr cable change set up. 

Now this leaves me with i feel most things to complete the conversion but more questions hahaha

So heres the plan stop me if im wrong or pipe in where you think nessicery

Im now using a agu engine - o2cda box with 100mm shafts. A tdi starter and clicky type plug from tdi loom. Mk3 vr cable and shift tower.    i plan to buy a g60 flywheel and sachs clutch kit off ebay. Drivers side mount and rear mounts of a gent on here then ill have to space out a oe front mount around 12mm to work. 

I have a hydro pedal setup on a octavia tdi which is currently being stripped can i use that for my clutch? Will the cables n shift tower work?  Been rakeing ebay google etc for hours but its bed time so thought id ask 😂

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.