Skip navigation

Brmotorsport....now with pics!!

Back to the top

Brmotorsport....now with pics!!

Kevbrm, have to agree on the low down torque, but I was also impressed and surprised at the way the car continued up the rev range, it didn't give up as some 8V do and with the oversize manifold and exhaust system it almost sounds like a turbo boom as you get further up the rev range.

I think the low down torque and longevity of these tuned engines is helped by the relatively lightweight of the mk1, which was one of the reasons I opted for one.

1983 Campaign, BRMotorsport152

Back to the top
yep..most 8v torque is low down but on these it doesnt drop off as much high up as normal 8valves do...as said in the catalogue it improves the top end performance massively which i can vouch for.

Back to the top
interesting electric window switch holder, could do with one myself   :mrgreen:

Back to the top
Kevbrm, further to the top end pull of the BRM152, I noticed that mine went back to BRMotorsport nearly a year after the engine was fitted by them to have a K-Star KS3 with 5th injector fitted, I think this may help the smoothness and pull all the way to the top.

Was this fitted to all BRM152?…as it wasn't initially fitted by BRMotorsport on mine.

Back to the top

kevbrm said

heres the pics you nutters…check the recaro out they are the nuts please excuse the dust!!

[

What Ronals are those? I've got them on mine and don't know what they are…

'82 Mk1 GTI 1600 UGY74X
(Mars Red, mostly…)

Back to the top
Glad to see all these BRM cars about after all these years….I can vouch for Brain and his team as being spot on and defo knowing their trade.

I have had my Mk1 23 years this year and have being going to BR religiously for 19 of those,i have every stamp,up to last year,in my service manual ,all their brochures showing options and parts available,even had the sticker and their "special" sebring 90mm back box.

I would recommend any true enthusiast to take their car there at least once to have Tim "fondle" their internals.Excellent service and prices (compared to many) and watch the smile you have on your way back home.

I know good things must come to an end but until then my Mk1 will only be making the trip for work there….Nuff said … 8)

Back to the top
I googled them and couldn't find much, are they still in business?
Where are they?

Where can I get an electric window switch holder like that?

Back to the top
Dom, mine was serviced there, May 2008, they are in Leamington Spa, on 01928 451545...

Back to the top

clubsport said

Dom, mine was serviced there, May 2008, they are in Leamington Spa, on 01928 451545…

Think that number is incorrect, you need 01926 451545.

01928 is a Cheshire code.

Back to the top
Aplologies for that Dom, i must have inadvertently speed read the invoice, tks to eagle eyed Alonzo  :)

Back to the top
Hi There Kev

I'd love to know if you ever got A152 BRM back on the road?

I remember this car really well as at the time i had a 1983 Golf GTi Campaign (Reg No A282 JBF) which BR Motorsports transformed by just carrying out a proper rolling road tune - it made it into a different car.

I also had the Wiring loom for the headlights upgraded and general servicing done by Brian and eveytime i visited i remember A152 BRM being parked outside the front - it was the car i wanted my Mk1 to be!

I wish i still had A282 JBF  now but sadly it was sold on to make way for a Mk2 16v Golf which in hindsight was a backwards step

i keep thinking about trying to find a good MK1 Golf again but it is now its becomming so hard to find decent Mk1 GTi's.

If your ever thinking of parting with A152 BRM i would be very tempted!!

Cheers
Kev :mrgreen:

Back to the top
bttt

Back to the top
hello, im new here and wanted to see if i could get any info on my mk1 that i bought 4 months ago, im told she has a brm lump inside thats been fettled with, gas flowed head larger stroke and bore and cam that kind of thing....

Back to the top
Dom if your still looking the kit looks to be a electric life kit, i can prob sort you a new one out

Ever growing range of new mk1 golf parts www.classic-vw.co.uk

Back to the top
She is still in her heated garage, which she will be for a few more years, till i get a full makeover sorted…but she is a keeper for sure.

I still have the catalogue from br, so if anyone needs info just shout.

I did not realise that i had not visited this forum for soo long….shame on me.

Has anyone had recent dealings with br?…i assume they are still on the go doing what they do best.

Back to the top

kevbrm said

She is still in her heated garage, which she will be for a few more years, till i get a full makeover sorted…but she is a keeper for sure.

I still have the catalogue from br, so if anyone needs info just shout.

I did not realise that i had not visited this forum for soo long….shame on me.

Has anyone had recent dealings with br?…i assume they are still on the go doing what they do best.

I have had my car serviced there by Brian and crew for last 20 years,due there again this year - If Tim is still there - and cannot fault them.Attention to detail and customer care makes me do the nigh on 200 mile round trip. :D
As stated, they cater mainly for disability vehicles now but do squeeze in the odd performance car where possible.Brian knows his stuff and is always willing to help.

Back to the top
i've got Inters shots of that car from the early 90's and i still have my own brm 152 converted rocco gtx - A20 GTX.

It's a great engine, converted by the BR guys back in summer 91 - was the reason i went through a HGV induced reshell just to be able to carry on using it - MUCH nicer to drive than my 16v despite still looking tatty.

not to self = must go for drive in brm tomorrow regardless of weather.

apptly the brm polo gt coupe demo car on ronals is still around?

Back to the top
Hi KevBrm

I am so jealous of you! - as i said in my earlier post this was the Mk1 i always wanted !!!

If you ever change your mind - first dibs please!

Or when you get her back on the road id love to see her again

Cheers
Kev

Back to the top
will do kev...cheers.

Back to the top
A Mate of mine used to own a VW Garage called Treetops in Atherstone Tamworth way, (well his dad did) He told me many a time how they had a few MK1 Golf Shells in storage as VW was selling them off, Brian Ricketts Brought them all from what i was told.   just a little Trivia!! lol :)

Regards Volkswarren

X2 1983 A REG EW CAMPAIGN In WHITE(Awaiting full rebuild solid body) :thumbs: & T Reg S1 GTi Project, Still Looking for Series 1 GTi's or a 16S Oettinger to restore (Complete Cars only)  or an A reg Lhasa Green or White Gti to restore, also consider  Black, Red or Blue, Also Golf Driver Project Wanted anything considered WHY
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.