Skip navigation

Brmotorsport....now with pics!!

Back to the top

Brmotorsport....now with pics!!

8)
thankyou clubsport

Back to the top
This is the acutal car that made me think black is the best colour for Mk1 GTI's!!

There was a photograph of it in some 21 years of the GTI Autotrader suplement and I remember looking at it and saying "That's how I want mine!"

If you ever decide to part with it…

Back to the top
I have a detailed list of most parts from the conversion at BR Motorsport, (suspension,brakes etc…) however for engine conversion it just says;

"B.R.M. 152 engine conversion" then parts and labour cost.

Does anyone have details of what was actually done with the 152?

Cheers.

1983 Campaign, BRMotorsport152

Back to the top

clubsport said

I have a detailed list of most parts from the conversion at BR Motorsport, (suspension,brakes etc…) however for engine conversion it just says;

"B.R.M. 152 engine conversion" then parts and labour cost.

Does anyone have details of what was actually done with the 152?

Cheers.

No idea, probably similar to the GTI Engineering converstions.  I'd assume it's got a capacity increase plus some other bits.

Mines a BRM 135 conversion (135bhp) and I have no idea what's been done to that but it's got an alloy, finned sump (and not an Audi one either).

Back to the top
this is the 152 in the brochure 8v conversions increse of 40bhp.

same cylinder head mods as the 135 and 142 but raised capacity 1781 to 1984 by increasing bore from 81mm to 82.5mm and stroke from 86.4 to92.8…the longer stroke gives the engine more torque and excellant top gear performance…

the previous owner spec on mine is
shrick fast road cam,gas flowed and ported head,neuspeed tb,kn filter,supersprint manifold with bespoke brm system,eibach roll bars front and back,sachs springs and shocks,uprated headlight loom,uprated servo and cylinder conversion,brm disc conversion 256mm disc with audi calliper hangers.

cylinder mods…fully gas flowed head,inlet and exhaust manifolds,reprofiled valves and valve seats to optimize gas speed and a sports camshaft

Back to the top
Great find! You should get a few more pics, of the electric window set up/switches and the sound system  8)

Back to the top
will do the windows are the life jobbies and the 2 buttons are on the dash to the left of the steering wheel and most of the components are inside the passenger rear 1/4 door card proper nice install.

Back to the top
Thanks very much for that Kevbrm,

I am happy the car has the BRM152 as I have the invoice with the same registration number and many other corresponding letters etc…

It certainly goes like a 2litre!..only thing is the V5 still says 1781cc.

Back to the top
no prob mate will get some more pics up later

Back to the top
Clubsport I think you have my old BRM152 Golf. I sold it when it had done around 53k and it was a very quick car which I enjoyed driving immensely.

Back to the top
iirc the recaros are mk2 options, look very nice

Ever growing range of new mk1 golf parts www.classic-vw.co.uk

Back to the top
Alonso, is ait A52HLC ?

I picked the car up yesterday and am having some serious charging problems,, no battery power when I went to collect then, broke down on the way home….so I hope I get to actually enjoy it more in the future,,,,I can just about see the potential through the initial disappointment!

Back to the top
Yeah thats the one. I sold it to a guy in Bristol who also bought off me a very very low mileage Helious Blue Campaign. He said he was going to use it as his daily but I think he loved his aircooled cars more so I didn't expect him to keep it as long as he did. Sounds like an alternator fault or bad conection. Had it been standing long?

Back to the top
few more pics

Back to the top
Not decided to clean it up yet?

Back to the top
I would be very interested to see a picture of the cam pully on your BRM car.
Reason being, my car has apparently been tuned by BRM and the cam pully is now adjustable, just wondered if it was a BRM modification?

www.cw-se.com

"Video et taceo"

Back to the top
Liking those ronals's in fifteens 8)

My mk1 was black and came with set but in fourteen inch ,do you know the name of them?

76 ?
78 gls
83 gti 5v

Back to the top
will clean her soon i promise!

not sure on the name of these ronals but rare enough to find in 15"…..really suit the car….but i have already sourced some rare sets for it when she has her extreme makeover.

Back to the top
After collecting my car on Tuesday I had a few charging issues, resulting in having to push the car home!…As you can imagine, this wasn't the best way to start of the relationship with an "older" car.

Today, equipped with new regulator and the rest of the charging system given the Ok, I took the car out round a few of my favourite local b roads.

I have to say, the BRM 152 is an impressive package, I don't want to sound like a gushing fool, I have driven quite a few lightweight powerful cars and had RS Porsche for many years. I was really impressed with the tracability of the car, 4th gear is incredible, slowly through villages, then effortlessly up to the NSL when permitted.

I was able to make decent progress with the car and really like the way it is understated, giving it that element of surprise.

I came back impressed, with a huge grin on my face and can't wait to take it out tomorrow!……..

I am so glad I didn't buy a standard campaign as I set out to.

Back to the top
mine has bags of torque from the off, thats what brm did so well is to fine tune the components for that effect which is addictive as you just wanna take it out for a blast whenever you can....i have seen some of their cars for sale over the years with mega mileage which is a testament to how well they drive.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.