Skip navigation

Ultimate Dubs 8th March 2009

Back to the top

Ultimate Dubs 8th March 2009

I imagine the time restrictions will still apply, although that can be said of a lot of other shows too.

Back to the top

Lawsy said

paul_c said

Dano, did you confirm with the organisers they wanted to see pics and pre-approve cars going into the outdoor area, or car park, or whatever?

my thoughtsexactly

Dan, can you double check..

Bluey is in a pretty much average condition but represents a good daily driver… Clean and tidy with a couple of scrapes!!

My only real concernis the must be here before 9 and cant leave till later.

Can you confirm this? I've asked on a couple of other forums and they dont have that ruling?????

No problem. I've left a message asking the condition required for the outside stand cars.

I'll let you guys know when I do.

D

Back to the top
Right, i'm still up for it, so keep my name on the list. :mrgreen:

Back to the top

Lawsy said

bouchay said

I'm appalled that we can't get 6 cars together for the club stand. It's an absolute joke. Ultimate Dubs is a great show and we need to let other people and clubs know that we are a serious club, not just a bunch of whingers that can't be bothered. I mean is it too much to ask? :x

I'm going to be doing my best to stick a club business card under every Mk1 I can see in the car parks, but now I don't think I can be arsed. It would have been great for possible new members to come and have a chat, then go and see some of the best show cars inside.

Can't wait to them what a bunch of slackers we are.

If it wasnt for the requirement to be there for before 9am on a sunday morning when i work 6 days a week then we'd be there

Also, this thing about them choosing whats allowed and whats not..
Its a car show!!

I will be there with my mk1 owners club top on and cards in hand talking to all n sundry

I'm just not being told weather my car is good enough (or not) for their show when we'll be paying money to enter, then have to stay all day and join a big que to leave!!

you say its a laid back show.. how can it be laid back with so many rule sin place just to get a stand!!!!  :banghead:  :banghead:

I'd rather wait for the next show and look at a load of dailys than a load of show cars!!!

I agree with Paul, their loss as I have seen other clubs/forums also not going because of these rules!!!

I'm with steve on this one - not into shiny million pound show cars i get bored after about 5 mins much prefer some action, plus my mk1 is in bits at the mo got some plans for it and i think getting it sorted for spring gti festival is the target - my fav show of the year! might pop down for a couple of hours in the audi but only if im free that weekend

Back to the top
I,d like to put my car on the club stand if possible…………

What do I have to do??

I only live a few miles from telford, so its not a problem for me, could help organize if anyone needs help

Joe

Back to the top
do you need to be a member to be allowed on the club stand?

Back to the top

Pritchard said

I,d like to put my car on the club stand if possible…………

What do I have to do??

I only live a few miles from telford, so its not a problem for me, could help organize if anyone needs help

Joe

By the looks of it Joe, you'd need to join as a member. Its one of the 'perks' that member get, to represent their club on the stand - instead of the car park!!!  :lol:

whatalotafun said

do you need to be a member to be allowed on the club stand?

See above  :wink:

Back to the top
Ok, just to clarify a few points…..

1. WE STILL HAVE A CLUB STAND AVAILABLE  :lol:

2. The stipulation for 'show cars in excellent condition' isn't as strict outside so our 'less than perfect' cars will be ok.

3. The cars WILL need to be there BEFORE 9am. And they WON'T be able to leave until aound 3pm.

4. I will need at least 1 photo of each display car to ensure that no one tries 'sneeking' in unexpectedly.

So, who else would like to join in?

Dan

Back to the top

Dano said

1. bouchay  :lol:
2. DaveM    :lol:
3. dubboy   :lol:
4. Sam_m   :lol:
5. Pritchard  :lol:
6. Dano     :lol:

Confirmed members so far, unless you've changed your minds  :dontknow:

Dan

Back to the top
O.K. dano, ive joined now, could you put me down as number 5…..

Joe

Back to the top
Joe you're in at number 5  :lol:

Del, I've taken you out for now. Let me know if you change your mind.

FOR NOW PEOPLE THERE IS 0 PLACE UP FOR GRABS!!!!  :lol:

Dan

Back to the top
Thanks Dano, look forward to meeting everyone one the day.

Joe

Back to the top

Dano said

Ok, just to clarify a few points…..

3. The cars WILL need to be there BEFORE 9am. And they WON'T be able to leave until aound 3pm.

Dan

Let me check with mrslawsy and see if we think we can make it for 9…

Arent you putting your car in Dan, or you sneaking inside???

Back to the top

Back to the top

Back to the top
Me please.

Banner

Back to the top

Back to the top
Now FULL  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

If I get offered a spot inside then I will take that and offer the place to someone else.

Dan

Back to the top

Dano said

1. bouchay  :lol:
2. DaveM    :lol:
3. dubboy   :lol:
4. kuc      :lol:
5. Pritchard  :lol:

Is everyone on the list still up for this show please???

Anyone want to be on a stand by list???

Dan

Back to the top
Yup, i'm still going.

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.