Skip navigation

Ultimate Dubs 8th March 2009

Back to the top

Ultimate Dubs 8th March 2009

C'mon guys 'n' gals, surley we can get 6 cars on display?

Back to the top
sorry dano can you take my name off please as i can not guarantee that i will be there by 9am in the morning, lawsy and me maywell be there but can not commit to a time, so worth giving my space away to someone that can deffo be there for 9am

:cheer:  I've got my husband back :cheer:

Back to the top
Ok Mrs Lawsy - place recinded.  :wink:

To everyone else….

We need to have names and cars to put forward for inclusion in the show. This is a requirement by the organisers, not myself, so if we are going to have a stand you need to decide this week really.

Can it really be that hard to fill 6 places with good condition cars from the WHOLE club????

Come on shake a leg!!!!  :lol:

Dan

Back to the top
Anyone else PLEASE????

This was a sell out stand last year but no one is happy to commit to being there this year. Whats wrong???

I can't tell the organisers that we'll be there if we can't fill it, it just not fair on them or any other club wanting our position.

:dontknow:

Dan

Back to the top

Dano said

Anyone else PLEASE????

This was a sell out stand last year but no one is happy to commit to being there this year. Whats wrong???

I can't tell the organisers that we'll be there if we can't fill it, it just not fair on them or any other club wanting our position.

:dontknow:

Dan

might be the stipulations of the organisers putting people off.

steve and i will be there but can not guarantee to be there by 9am which is a must according to the organisers

:cheer:  I've got my husband back :cheer:

Back to the top
Yeah thats the problem. The stiffer the conditions then the less folk will commit.

COME ON ANYONE ELSE????  :dontknow:

Back to the top
Can't really force people to attend, though. I'd honestly just sack it off and concentrate on the GTI Spring Festival, it sits much more easily as the "season opener".

Back to the top

paul_c said

Can't really force people to attend, though. I'd honestly just sack it off and concentrate on the GTI Spring Festival, it sits much more easily as the "season opener".

I'm not forcing people Paul. I'm trying to generate a bit of interest!!! This is what I meant on page 1 when I asked for any takers. If there isn't the interest then we can't take a slot off them because another club may be able to use it.

I'll send a reply back saying that we aren't going.

Sorry and thank you to those of you who did wish to go, I hope you understand  :(
Dan

Back to the top
I'm appalled that we can't get 6 cars together for the club stand. It's an absolute joke. Ultimate Dubs is a great show and we need to let other people and clubs know that we are a serious club, not just a bunch of whingers that can't be bothered. I mean is it too much to ask? :x

I'm going to be doing my best to stick a club business card under every Mk1 I can see in the car parks, but now I don't think I can be arsed. It would have been great for possible new members to come and have a chat, then go and see some of the best show cars inside.

Can't wait to them what a bunch of slackers we are.

Back to the top

bouchay said

I'm appalled that we can't get 6 cars together for the club stand. It's an absolute joke. Ultimate Dubs is a great show and we need to let other people and clubs know that we are a serious club, not just a bunch of whingers that can't be bothered. I mean is it too much to ask? :x

I'm going to be doing my best to stick a club business card under every Mk1 I can see in the car parks, but now I don't think I can be arsed. It would have been great for possible new members to come and have a chat, then go and see some of the best show cars inside.

Don't be put off, there's about 20 national shows (of varying sizes) per year and Ultimate Dubs is relatively new. Its not like it has the reputation of All Types, or GTI Festival, for example. So its no great loss. All the cars you'll want to see will be at other shows anyway, probably. The entry requirements for the club stand look to be some of the most onerous, I'd not be surprised if we're not the only club put off by them. Their loss, I'd say.

Back to the top

bouchay said

If it wasnt for the requirement to be there for before 9am on a sunday morning when i work 6 days a week then we'd be there

Also, this thing about them choosing whats allowed and whats not..
Its a car show!!

I will be there with my mk1 owners club top on and cards in hand talking to all n sundry

I'm just not being told weather my car is good enough (or not) for their show when we'll be paying money to enter, then have to stay all day and join a big que to leave!!

you say its a laid back show.. how can it be laid back with so many rule sin place just to get a stand!!!!  :banghead:  :banghead:

I'd rather wait for the next show and look at a load of dailys than a load of show cars!!!

I agree with Paul, their loss as I have seen other clubs/forums also not going because of these rules!!!

Back to the top
I've had time to calm down and think, and yes you are right. It's just so annoying when you want to go and enjoy yourself and rules & jobs worth people get in you way. I'm still going any way, and probably early to get a decent car park space  :mrgreen:

Back to the top

bouchay said

I've had time to calm down and think, and yes you are right. It's just so annoying when you want to go and enjoy yourself and rules & jobs worth people get in you way. I'm still going any way, and probably early to get a decent car park space  :mrgreen:

good good

We'll still be going too.. But will get there when we want to get there
But i reckon there will be just as many cars to look at in standard parking!!

Back to the top

Lawsy said

Also, this thing about them choosing whats allowed and whats not..
Its a car show!!

I'm just not being told weather my car is good enough (or not) for their show when we'll be paying money to enter, then have to stay all day and join a big que to leave!!

you say its a laid back show.. how can it be laid back with so many rule sin place just to get a stand!!!!  :banghead:  :banghead:

I'd rather wait for the next show and look at a load of dailys than a load of show cars!!!

I agree with Paul, their loss as I have seen other clubs/forums also not going because of these rules!!!

It is certainly a pain with the restrictions and a reason I would not have my car indoors. On the plus side at least show goers can stay dry and takes out some of the risks with the weather.

The organisers only have a say in show and shine cars, not club stand cars. There is restricted indoor space so not everybody who wants to show and shine is able to. Also the clue is in the title "Ultimate" Dubs, so they want what they perceive as the best cars and going by the popularity of the show they are getting it right. If you don't agree with the cars on display, then why go to the show if there is no club stand, especially as it is not cheap?

Banner

Back to the top
Last year we had a great little spot in the car park, and the other clubs around had cars that weren't the best on them. Are some people getting confused with having a stand on the inside?
I remember last year that there was a caddy just down from our club area that was covered in pictures of golfs cut out of mags, stuck on to the bodywork and then wallpaper pasted over the top. I personally don't mind being stood outside for most of the day chatting away, and I think its good to see normal/average cars on the club stands. Makes people feel better about their own cars. then pop inside to see how much people have spend on theirs.
Don't mind the cost of getting in either.

Back to the top

dubboy said

The organisers only have a say in show and shine cars, not club stand cars.

EDIT: Just re-read the terms for club display cars. "Show" standard does seem a bit daft - too harsh for club cars! On the other hand I would have thought they might be a bit more lenient on older cars and probably need to fill outdoor space?

Banner

Back to the top
I think a bit of the problem too has to be the weather for outside stands. imagine if its pouring down or freezing cold all day, it would take the enjoyment out of talking to folk for you're getting wet or cold!!!!!

Its a shame that we couldn't get more folk interested. I think that nearer the time there will be owners saying that they're going and will be wanting a club stand there but we can't have it each way unfortunately.

May be next year!!!!

Dan

Back to the top
The Outdoor part isn't picky at all, the F6 lads and DubMArines have had outdoor club areas since it started and none gives a monkeys, anyone can do it, we've had Ratted Mk1 Jettas and Caddys in there…

Inside is a different ball game generally all the cars have been minty mint.

I go up there just for the pre show lash on the Sat tbh.  Normally rock up late to the show, leave straight away and get some hangover food from Tescos…then go back in and potter round for an hour or so, then leave.

:mrgreen:

Mk1 Golf 16V Conversion FAQ Zip, now located at in the Forum WIKI section: http://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/index.php?page=cedi&type=misc&id=42%2F26%2F3

Back to the top
Looks like someone made a misunderstanding or an assumption, from this erroneous post:

alexHxC said

this year its a 6 car limit need 2 pics of each car an the organisers need to confirm the car, so basically needs to be up to a decent standard. you have to get ther before 9 an not allowed to leave until 7!

Dano, did you confirm with the organisers they wanted to see pics and pre-approve cars going into the outdoor area, or car park, or whatever?

Back to the top

paul_c said

Dano, did you confirm with the organisers they wanted to see pics and pre-approve cars going into the outdoor area, or car park, or whatever?

my thoughtsexactly

Dan, can you double check..

Bluey is in a pretty much average condition but represents a good daily driver… Clean and tidy with a couple of scrapes!!

My only real concernis the must be here before 9 and cant leave till later.

Can you confirm this? I've asked on a couple of other forums and they dont have that ruling?????
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.