Skip navigation

Ultimate Dubs 8th March 2009

Back to the top

Ultimate Dubs 8th March 2009

A5OPY said

bens_cab said

some what inappropriate for the club chairman to spit his dummy out over a moderators opinion. i hope gammy gets an appology :banghead:
When you have finished with it any chance I could have it back i have a big Christmas cake to make with it :wink:

Unlike some I dont need to dance with the indians when the chief calls.  :mrgreen:

Back to the top

bens_cab said

A5OPY said

bens_cab said

some what inappropriate for the club chairman to spit his dummy out over a moderators opinion. i hope gammy gets an appology :banghead:
When you have finished with it any chance I could have it back i have a big Christmas cake to make with it :wink:

Unlike some I dont need to dance with the indians when the chief calls.  :mrgreen:
Never had you as a cowboy :wink: mind you if the boots fit YEEEEE HAAAA Partner….. :mrgreen:

Dont ask what your club can do for you, but what can you do for your club?

Back to the top
:mrgreen:

Back to the top
did anything happen about this????

id really love to be on the stand again this year but if theres not goin to be one ill sort somthing out with another club?

cheers
sam

Back to the top
I'd honestly sack off Ultimate Dubs, there's loads of shows each year and there's ones far better than this one. Its just full of ponced up mega-???? cars, one big cleaning competition.

Back to the top
i think thats half the fun imo

its nice to walk around and see some absolutly immaculate vws

i guess thats a no then?? haha

Back to the top
i dunno I know its a dub show but like paul says there is 100's of vw shows and in fairness (each to their own) this looks too much like a max power event, shiny cars and girls with big mammary glands…..

Back to the top
it was such a succsess last year tho (as gammy pointed out)

we need ant back hahaha

at the end of the day it would be better than doin nothing that day

Back to the top
Well i'm defo going. And this time i'm gonna remember my wallet and camera! Lets get a list up of whos going on the club stand, if mines on there i'll spend all week polishing my Design 90's and i'll wind the coilovers down a few turns! :mrgreen:

Back to the top
As far as I know, Simon is having a go at doing it.

It is full of blinging cars inside, but half the fun is in the car parks and the drive to the event, always puts a smile on my face seeing wall to wall dubs blocking up the arteries of Telford's ring road  :wink:

Back to the top
OK, not having been ground down by the neg vibes in asking who would be intesested, I sent off the enquiry form to the organisers.

WE HAVE SECURED AN OUTSIDE STAND FOR 6 CARS.

Quote,
"All vehicles must be of show quality and in excellent condition"

All cars must be in place at the venue before 9am on the Sunday morning

So, I'll ask again…..

"Who would be interested in a place?"

Please????

Ta, Dan

Back to the top
Depends what you call "of show quality", is mine in excellent condition, in my eyes of course it is. I can be there at the desired time all polished up within an inch of its life.

Who cares, i'm definatly going anyway. If you want a good example of a slightly moddeed Rivage, i'll jump at the chance.

Back to the top

Back to the top

Back to the top
lawsy and me are up for the sunday, not sure bluey will be classed as "show quality" though.

just let me know if he is good enough for the stand

:cheer:  I've got my husband back :cheer:

Back to the top
I think its a case of 'as good as we can possibly get as a club'.

I'm gonna hold off putting mine up to give others a chance to go on the club stand but if we haven't filled it by New year then I'll jump in.

I need to return the application form asap so I'll have to send it off by 1/1/09 at the lastest I think.

This is an organisers rule, not mine so anyone who will be able to commit at this time for March is welcome.

If you can send me photos of your cars to chairman vwgolfmk1 .org.uk then I'll be able to forward them on to the organisers for their approval.

Thanks, Dan

Back to the top
I'll be up for this one. Might need the thermals being March and outside though!
Put me down as a definate if thats ok.

Dave

Back to the top

DaveM said

I'll be up for this one. Might need the thermals being March and outside though!
Put me down as a definate if thats ok.

Dave

Noted Dave, thanks

Dan

Back to the top
sorry to jump in with my opinions but last year i went down with the Polo3 website which i helped to plan and all we sorted was a meet up near the centre then a big convoy in of all the polos so that when we went on the car park there was about 20 polos all lined up along with the polo 3 banner,

looked really good and loads of people were just walking round the carpark cheking out the cars, just thought it was a better way of doing it as we weren't tied in to any regulations by the organisers who as far as i can remember nearly got battered by quite a few people because they refused to open the gate to let some people out 30 mins early.

Bit of a joke if you ask me.

Back to the top
Anyone else please?

We've got 6 spaces to fill with TOP quality cars, modified or standard it doesn't matter so come, lets show the other clubs that we can put a stand together.  :lol:

Phoenix, noted. The shows aren't always to everybodys taste. Some like 'action' events, other like to polish. It just a day out  :wink:

Dan
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.