Skip navigation

Midlands Black Rock Sands, 7th Dec PHOTOS/VIDEOS Pg 7 onward

Back to the top

Midlands Black Rock Sands, 7th Dec PHOTOS/VIDEOS Pg 7 onward

I know it's late, but a christmas photo would be good, so by all means bring some tinsel  :mrgreen:

Back to the top
stop off at ans4r's shop  in morning… plenty of stuff there for us at a good price !!
will bring me santas hat..

Banner

Back to the top

daz1971 said

stop off at ans4r's shop  in morning… plenty of stuff there for us at a good price !!
will bring me santas hat..

come along, got loads of christmas stuff,

but sorry lads i cant make this tomorrow, i got back from london thursday night, was at the suppliers friday morning, and had a full day at the shop today, so tomorrow i need to do some shopping because monday is eid.

8O

1983(Y) VW GOLF GTi

Banner

Back to the top
Loads of pics, great day out! Looking forwards to seeing the other pics and action videos!

Back to the top
some ace photos! gutted i couldnt make it today had a family chrisening to go to and the golfs still not starting anyway. bought another toy tho ;) ill have to show you guys next meet!

Back to the top
Hi guys! Looks like I missed a cracker! Very ill at the moment but hope to catch up with you all in the new year!  Dan! :cry:

Back to the top
We missed you Danny, hope it's nothing serious, catch you in the New Year  :y:

Just got back in, myself, Bert, Kuc and Dazzle stopped off at a Little Chef in Dolgellau for a meal, so needless to say we're a little late reporting in  :mrgreen:

Thoroughly enjoyed today, GTIMad again surpassed himself and found some excellent roads with bends, cambers and steep drops off the sides  8O combined with stunning scenery enroute.

Here's some photos from today, I'll start uploading the videos short
ly……..

Back to the top
im back going to bed to digest my mixed grill  :lol: good to meet you all even though dazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzle decided to have his floppy down and freeze mi bones  :roll:
Bert

Thats not a rod knockin,its a diesel stupid! floppy top and 1 tin top

Back to the top
Really good pictures guys, look like you had a good time..!

Weather was really good today for December too!

Bit gutted I missed this but too many beers last night (blame sam_m :D)

1986 Cabriolet (long resto!)
1983 Cabriolet (daily pain in the bum)
1983 T25 (weekend pain in the bum)

Follow us on:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/vwgolfmk1oc/
Twitter: https://www.facebook.com/vwgolfmk1oc/
Instagram: https://www.facebook.com/vwgolfmk1oc/

Banner

Back to the top
2 dicks, some glue, a hammer, some washers and an alun key.

Sorry to all that I didn't make the rendevous point in bala, but I've had quite a day!!! Now please bear with me on this one, but it's an interesting read :wink:

Set off this morn (after de-glaciering the car) with my bud rich (that's the 2 dicks covered) bound for N.wales. We decided because of the new ice-age, taking the berwyn road wouldn't be a good idea so decided to via the A5. This made me to decide to fill-up at the Shell at Oswestry, which turned out to be a very good decision.

Kool camo-ice!

On the A5 round shrews we noticed some clutch slippage; strange as the car has a brand spanker! This turned out to be a combination of me setting the biting point way to high and my size11 DC's lol. Just to be sure, I did a few good 3rd gear pulls on one of which I accidentally hit the limiter which upset something in the 'box as there was a big thud and it momentarilly stuck in 3rd gear. The synco's are now crunching in 3rd and 4th, no matter how gentle/delayed you are with the shift.

We made it to the Shell and I thought I beter pop the bonnet to make sure there were no holes or owt in the 'box. There were no holes in the box (thankfully!), but what I did find is that the aux belt had turned upside down! and the waterpump pully had moved waywards 8O

Now my motor has a dodgy PAS clutch-type waterpump pully fitted, which in preparation for todays trip I'd tacked it to lock it. Exhibit A:

What I failed to realise is that the centre 'wavy'part is actually free as well as the outer part I welded. So this had become dislodged hence my roadside predicament  :roll:

So, out comes my ghetto toolbox of bodgeness! Hammer comes out to make the inner part of the pully 'round'. I then keyed the faces and used some epoxy to glue it back on to the waterpump :oops: This was enough to keep it from slipping axialy, but not enough to stop the pully going wayward again.

So a trip to Oswestry's fine Halfrauds store it was! A new aux belt, a pack of big-ass repair washers and a 6mm alun key later and we now had a 'flange' to stop the pully from going walkies. Sweeeeet :D

By this time it was around 14:00, so way too late to catch up with you guys :cry:

A couple of laps of the triangle it was then! :twisted: And what a couple of laps they were! There was snow at the top, but the roads were clear of water/ice so I got to know my mk1 a little better and it's fricking amazing 8)  8)  8) It was soooooo much fun.

Gutted I missed out on meeting you guys and getting to 4rse around on the beach, but it was still a good day. Next time eh!!
 :)

Nice looking crew btw!!

Richair

83' GTI 16v roadsport
96' BMW 328i Touring
90' HF Integrale 16v B-road slag Sold!
98' Honda ITR #1775 Sold!
89' GTI 16v Sold!
91' CRX 16v trackslag RIP

Back to the top
love some of these pic's look really good.

might have to come along next time, if these is a next time!!!

Banner

Back to the top
Who likes donuts??

No, not that type

this type………..

and now a bit of driving to music  :mrgreen:

More to follow………..

Back to the top
Great videos! Keep them coming!

Back to the top
Paul, you may want to have a read of my post on page 7; relates to a recent discussion about pullies :wink:

:lol:

Richair

83' GTI 16v roadsport
96' BMW 328i Touring
90' HF Integrale 16v B-road slag Sold!
98' Honda ITR #1775 Sold!
89' GTI 16v Sold!
91' CRX 16v trackslag RIP

Back to the top
Naughty boy Gammy

Hope it wasnt you driving …..

:cheer:  I've got my husband back :cheer:

Back to the top

richair said

Paul, you may want to have a read of my post on page 7; relates to a recent discussion about pullies :wink:

:lol:

Yep, you ideally want part number 027 121 031 (pulley for 16V without power steering).

Back to the top
Back safely 279miles round trip…didnt require my mechanic, but he enjoyed the ride  :mrgreen: lol

Great route over them hill's !!

Hope all got back ok…

Cheers lads & lady :0)

Few of my 100 pics… video later..

Lake

Lake

Lake Mk1'ers & some sheep

Very high hill

Very high hill

Beach

Beach

Beach

Shado's

Paul C's doing

Bonnets

Getting dark now

My Fav. pic

My Car

Steam clean in the morning i think

Cheers again guys.

Banner

Back to the top

MrsLawsy said

Naughty boy Gammy

Hope it wasnt you driving …..

It wasn't me making donuts  :mrgreen: that would be Paul  :clap:  :clap:

Rich did we pass you when you were at the Shell at Oswestry?  Daz and Kuc saw a green mk1 at a Shell filling up and the guy even acknowledged them, was that you? I had blinkers on (and a salt encrested windows) and didn't see anyone.  We stopped at the Esso in Oswestry services on the roundabou to adjust washer jets etc, so if it was you we weren't far apart  :? . Shame you had problems today, it was a class drive  :wink:

Videos slllowwwwllllllyyyyyyyy uploadig, more coming sometime soon  :roll:

Back to the top
Wow 279 miles! Mine was around 185 miles or so, would have probably made it on one tank of fuel but decided to stop at a Shell garage (V-Power) on the way home, just to be safe, and it didn't start so I needed to use the "booster". Had loads of fun on the way home too, only the one brown trouser moment, but I held it all together and got home safely, managed to catch up with Chris too! Apologies for the cheeky overtake!

Back to the top
Black Mk1's Video

Banner
There are too many online users to list.