Skip navigation

G60 into mk1 guide

Back to the top

G60 into mk1 guide

"As a starting point a Merc sprinter intercooler is safe bet.  The full width of the car, not too deep and good size inlets.  You can also buy the hosing in kit form to allow you to fit it"

I am almost done with this conversion, with regards to the intercooler as above need to sort this asap and get the car on the road.. Have a 16v radiator and the intercooler fit is tight, really looking to source this merc sprinter in..cooler and pipe kit.  ;)

Back to the top
Can you tell me how or what points you used when fixing in your sprinter intercooler?
ive bolt mine with T-clips at the bottom and now am the unlucky owner of a snapped lower intercooler bracket! Any suggestions?
thanks 

Back to the top
You don't need to attach it to anything it's such a tight fit in there.

83 MK1 GTI G60 85 MK2 GTI 20VT 2004 SEAT ALTEA 2.0 TDI SPORT

Back to the top
i tried the sprinter but took it out as was worried about the gap left between charger and it. i know loads of peeps do it, but wont eng movement cause it to catch?

(i might be a wuss and thats plenty room :lol:)

Mk1'83 G60
Mk1'82 2.0L 8v
Mk1'93 GTI
Sportline

Back to the top
Yup that's plenty of room if your engine moves that far I'd be worried lol.

83 MK1 GTI G60 85 MK2 GTI 20VT 2004 SEAT ALTEA 2.0 TDI SPORT

Back to the top
i prob shouda stuck with it - went with a with the modeo td one in the end -  if i ever finish the car, i'll let u guys know how that gets on  :D

Mk1'83 G60
Mk1'82 2.0L 8v
Mk1'93 GTI
Sportline

Back to the top
i need some help i just got a g60 for my 89  cabriolet   and i am got that good with the wiring plus my cabriolet already has  an 88 scirocco 16v in it i did the tradefor the g60 and the guy wanted my motor ecu and wiring  harness so what should i do to get this g60 in my car and running i did get everything with the swap motor (using my tranny) co pot ecu  and his g60 wiring harness any help would be great i am not good with reading  wiring  diagrams :thumbs:

Back to the top
Great thread mate cheers for that it will come handy 

mk1 golf 1.8 8v = sold
mk2 golf gti = burned out
mk3 VR6 = wrote off
mk2 seat ibiza gti = sold
mk5 jetta tfsi = stanced and slammed ;)
Mk1 golf = garages and butt naked 

Back to the top
Whats the best gearbox to use, i have a CDA code box in the garage will that be a good choice? Cheers

Back to the top
Does Paul h still come on here 
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.