Skip navigation

new member mad idea ,mk1 caddy 4motion 4wd turbo 24v......

Back to the top

new member mad idea ,mk1 caddy 4motion 4wd turbo 24v......

how cold wa it this after ,,thought chuff it lol
managed to do a bit more on the rear bad pic but its a inch lower lol ,but im now thinking wheather to thow some 18s on it ,,what do u think..

ill have to fit the head spacer/gasket and some nice copper sealer too

add to sort the ecu as the buggar needed 3 spark outputs and nice lauch control lol

Back to the top
yay megasquirt you the man  :lol:

Back to the top

adaptorman said

just picked up a nice high flow red band holly feul pump,this may do the joby,,,

that looks familiar,

Back to the top

bens_cab said

yay megasquirt you the man  :lol:
has to be easyer then messing with crapy mk4 wireing loom ,plus is lappy mapable ,,adds to the hmemade way lol

Back to the top

foxymk1 said

adaptorman said

just picked up a nice high flow red band holly feul pump,this may do the joby,,,

that looks familiar,
really?got rid wasnt good enoegh got this instead.. it will run 4bar all day ,unlike the other

Back to the top
last time i saw that was in joes garage, he said your abit mad lol lol

keep up the good work pal, il pop up to mexbrough next time im in donny pal joe said me and you need to meet   :mrgreen:

Back to the top

foxymk1 said

last time i saw that was in joes garage, he said your abit mad lol lol

keep up the good work pal, il pop up to mexbrough next time im in donny pal joe said me and you need to meet   :mrgreen:
tidy i thought ,this guy must know joe lol ,,he says im a bit nutty ,hes worse then me lmao ,hes just scared of welding petrol tanks …………..im not ,,,lol

Back to the top

Back to the top
i welded an old bedford cf fuel tank once i was well prepared tho washed it out then lowered the bedford on the ramp onto the petrol tank so it didnt go anywhere then sporting a leather bike jacket and acrsh helmet proceeded to weld it dont what people are worried about tbh  :mrgreen:

Back to the top
apparently if you hook a petrol tank up to the exhaust of a running car and fill it then its safe to weld.

i however am not brave enough to try it!

Back to the top

foxymk1 said

lol,  hes gettin old, lol
lol yes i agree he cant evern hold pliers ,lmao little video
http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=1z3ue7p&s=4

Back to the top

bens_cab said

i welded an old bedford cf fuel tank once i was well prepared tho washed it out then lowered the bedford on the ramp onto the petrol tank so it didnt go anywhere then sporting a leather bike jacket and acrsh helmet proceeded to weld it dont what people are worried about tbh  :mrgreen:
lol cool ,we weld with feul in them lmao ,its more fun ,least keeps u warm on these winter days …. :lol:

Back to the top

johns-jetta said

apparently if you hook a petrol tank up to the exhaust of a running car and fill it then its safe to weld.

i however am not brave enough to try it!
havent tryed this ,but if the cars on a cold start then ud have overfeul from the exhaust pipe ,,i reckon theres would be a nice fir on the go… 8O

Back to the top
small update
only had a hour free,this isnt the best of pic ,but it the inner side off the pedle as this bit of weld usely breaks from factory ,so beefed it up ,,saves having to buy a new slave at 120/vat lol

then quickly drillede and bolted in place

hit a small prob on the bulk head ,,nothing major ,so nipped a bit out ,as i wanted the hydrolic pipe in the rail,,

job done ill sort a fluid bottle later …

just warmed the bendy steel pipe ,and bent it straight,,,you can just see,

Back to the top
You certainly live up to your name!  8)  good work looks awesome!

Back to the top

Back to the top
i wasnt happy with the rear arm as it was catching the dam spring and hitting the subframe so decided to alter it ,,this sorted the buggar out
fits and clears better

then start on the shorting the drive ,as i thought this may help incase anyone wants to try it ,
first cut the drive shaft to size and make it in to a pencil point

then once grind out ready place both halfs flat agaist the angle iron ,and mig tac to hold it in place ,then just give the centre a quick weld in the centre ,

once thats in place ,u really need a stick welder ,ive a 150amp one useing 2.5 rods ideal for drive shaft welding

Back to the top
right a little bit done this after , ,but dam rain ended it ,
so first it was time to start filling the drive shaft with  stick weld ,lol

then grind it up,no sleve required

thats what i call spot on ,,,,so lets see how true my idea with angle iron
too short videos,,
first the angle test
View My Video
then on the car
View My Video
next thought due to getting a nice shock of the welder lol
thought ,

Back to the top
chuff the welding due it raining all day
so thought ill sort the clyinder head out
rocker removed

head removed and cleaned etc

checked all bores etc and cleaned plus decoked pistons ,

some nice copper spray to seal everything on the block

then split the std  3 layer gasket use the down part first

then another coat of spray and fit the head spacer to lower compression

another quick coat of spray fit the top part of the gasket as the middles not used  and bingo job done ,
and did a final check of the timing as i dont want valve nicely wacking pistons etc lol

final pic of the head spacer ,somert else out of the way lol

Back to the top
mate that welding on the shaft is a work of art ?   i take my hat of to you my frend ,lovin the build ?
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.