Skip navigation

new member mad idea ,mk1 caddy 4motion 4wd turbo 24v......

Back to the top

new member mad idea ,mk1 caddy 4motion 4wd turbo 24v......

alexHxC said

man this is a balls out conversion!

love it
.lol i keep saying anyone could do this ,just depends on how mutch expensive ,and how good you want to look ,,i think dosent matter how it looks ,it will be solid and be going no wear soon when my right foot hits the floor lol

Back to the top
Awesome stuff - really shows what you can do if you just get on with it (oh and talent helps too :D )

Can we see some pics of the T5 Beetle too please??

Back to the top

R11ysf said

Awesome stuff - really shows what you can do if you just get on with it (oh and talent helps too :D )

Can we see some pics of the T5 Beetle too please??
ill sort some fresh ones out this week bud saves showing the old ones
quick zip around for intake holes

propshaft in

bit of welding just mount the axle

thought best beef the front up more ,we dont wont it dropping off now do we lol

bolted up

ive made this basic frame ,so i can move the rear axle in place were i need to weld ,so it will be sat approx 2.5 backwards shown in pic ,,then ill cut the prop to exstend it ,due to it been to short ,and be sorted  afterwards
diff just about bolted up

Back to the top
had to cut the track arms and a trail fit to get the rear wheel straight

then trail fit the wheel as u can see its not central this is because the propshaft too too short at the mo ,

then u can see the main rear hub mount is hitting the inner sill ,a bit of chopping welding here and there ill sort that

Back to the top
just picked up a nice high flow red band holly feul pump,this may do the joby,,,

Back to the top
top work mate this will indeed be the ultimate rocket :wink:

Back to the top

bens_cab said

top work mate this will indeed be the ultimate rocket :wink:
cheers be nice if it works out in the end… runing wise ,as anything could happern lol

Back to the top
im pretty sure a little wiring isnt going to be an issue looking at the amount of welding your doing i wanna see this on the strip next year at santa pod flying the flag for the mk1 owners club ill drive it :lol:

Back to the top

bens_cab said

im pretty sure a little wiring isnt going to be an issue looking at the amount of welding your doing i wanna see this on the strip next year at santa pod flying the flag for the mk1 owners club ill drive it :lol:
yes i will be defo going to santa pod,,,runing wise anything around 13 or less would be a brilliant achivement,,,,if anyone wants to send stickers regards mk1 golf owners club ,id be more then happy to stick them on ,,,for all to see :D

Back to the top

adaptorman said

bens_cab said

yes i will be defo going to santa pod,,,runing wise anything around 13 or less would be a brilliant achivement,,,,if anyone wants to send stickers regards mk1 golf owners club ,id be more then happy to stick them on ,,,for all to see :D

dont push your luck :mrgreen:

pay ?15 become a member then you will get discount on all that kind of stuff plus you can then vote for me as the new chairman :mrgreen:

Back to the top
lol only thinkng of the forium,,, :mrgreen:

Back to the top
a few more pics

rear axle takeing shape too

thought best start and make the mk4 arms fit into the mk1 body ,

i could have made the flush but as i wanted it lower had to slighty angle the plate

weld the inner rear arch ,i dont want it ripping off lol

then started on the spring mount

Back to the top

one cenred wheel lol
just wants the weight letting off,and a couple of slight adjustments lol

Back to the top
Reading through your thread on vortex.  Some oustanding fabrication and problem solving :clap:

Banner

Back to the top

ew said

Reading through your thread on vortex.  Some oustanding fabrication and problem solving :clap:
really ew… its childs play lol,,just somert a little differnert to try i supose,,one day be nice to turn the boost up and see what happerns ,,now thats the part ill enjoy,,, :mrgreen:

Back to the top
got to agree with ew problem solving at its best great to see this taking shape in such a short space of time  :wink:

Back to the top

bens_cab said

got to agree with ew problem solving at its best great to see this taking shape in such a short space of time  :wink:
nice one ben,,,its not hard is it lol ,cut a lump and add a lump here and there lol,,,,

Back to the top
this is an awsome project mate was thinkin of doin this to my hatch one day but lookin at the amount of welding you have had to do i would probley end up sending ma car to the scrap yard as i wouldnt be able to finish it

keep on dubbing

Back to the top

gaz_mk1 said

this is an awsome project mate was thinkin of doin this to my hatch one day but lookin at the amount of welding you have had to do i would probley end up sending ma car to the scrap yard as i wouldnt be able to finish it
cheers gaz there are differnert ideas and ways ,but i wasnt really clued up ,so had to make best of a bad job ,,,ud be easyer useing either a mk3 scyro system ,or a later mk5 rear axle i reckon as there would be no grafting into the inner out sills,,,

Back to the top
bit more modifying 2day,,
made a rear damper mount ,,,
and saved on buying new dampers just just the oringle mk4 ones at a similar angle

lets say that buggars isnt moveing any were soon

damper angle ,gas dampers so should work well,,

slightly got the wheel down a fraction ,as i had to allow for cv movement as well as spring and arm movement,,

and fitted a mk4 passat hydrolic pedal for the clutch to work

and ive decied evern thow ive made the rear arms im going to use smaller box ,so then ill have a little more clearance between the spring and arm and also the rear subframe,,
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.