Skip navigation

new member mad idea ,mk1 caddy 4motion 4wd turbo 24v......

Back to the top

new member mad idea ,mk1 caddy 4motion 4wd turbo 24v......

few more bits done and started 2day

welded pipes on short runner

,i need to angle it more ,ill sort this no probs

trail fit of the propshaft
those garden bricks come handy lol

riped the old rear axle off, and oh dear dam std golf is short as well ,what a suprize

then thought ill trail fit the rear 4motion axle ,and yes,,more stress ,i shorted it too mutch ,as i only tuck a outside measurement of the tyres ,forgot about the thickness ,,lol

as u see from the rear wheel,looks ok thow ,so recut and welded a bit more on ,
seems better

looks more like a skatbord then a caddy lol

just riped carpets out ,to fit the clutch pedal

looking as well as the propshaft will be up in the tunnel ,may have to partly mount the gear selector on the top

Back to the top

mk1

she should be a rocket m8 when finished  8)

Back to the top

Re: mk1

tamthebam16v said

she should be a rocket m8 when finished  8)
havent a clue wots going to happern or how it may run tbh ,,never drove one ,,,i carnt see it been any quicker then my type1 850 t5 beetle ,,,,this maybe a little better with 4wd instead of my rear wheel drive,,, :lol:

Back to the top

poppyg60 said

i have one pic then think about the steering rack and prop

http://img516.imageshack.us/my.php?image=enginebaypoaintedge5.jpg

Sorry to jump in here but what tie rods did you use with the MK3 rack.  I thought non plus rods would still be to long for the mk1 track.  I looked into shortening the rods but there not enough meat at the end of the rods to re-thread as they tapper down

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Cheers

A

Back to the top
will mk1 ones fit/

Back to the top
Mk1 inner tie rods are completly dfferent.

Back to the top

dubunit said

Mk1 inner tie rods are completly dfferent.
unsure less then bud ,ive heard some use a renult clio p/rack with mk1 tierods ,unsure how true this it thow ,,, :roll:

Back to the top
just a quick homemade engine mount be ok with some weld and strenghers on it , so i can slighty higher the prop  for a few more mm to rise the sump lol

havent got mutch time at mo guys sorry

Back to the top
decided to beef it up a little more

well that ill do for that engine mount mount lol

next 6spd linkage needs to be started as
i mounted the propshaft right up in the tunnel
so remote will be welded best i can ,and i chop the cables to shortern them later,trail fit

Back to the top
Insane!!!  :lol: Are you the bloke that put a Volvo T5 engine into a beetle? Would make sense…

Lick my Decals off baby!

Back to the top

andyman said

Insane!!!  :lol: Are you the bloke that put a Volvo T5 engine into a beetle? Would make sense…
haha yep that was me…

best powerplant and power to weight ratio ive ever done ,not bad for a homemade rocket lol

Back to the top

Back to the top
few more bits done this after

centre prop  mount sorted

just started on mounting the rear diff and axle

prop too short lol  so ill soon sort that little joby out,,

Back to the top
not mutch to add untill i sort some steel 2moz ,,
started to weld nuts in for rear mounts and decided i wont it lower ,stress lol ,ill re sort this 2moz

only had a a bit of time as it were getting dark so made a quick restart on the short runner ,had to angle the box for the air flow ,which one day may be runing

and found a stronger coilpack pack for better spark gaps 40,ooo ,instead of my 10,ooo one ,rough idea of how it will be wired lol

Back to the top
You are mad! LOL
Keep up the good work!

Ever growing range of new mk1 golf parts www.classic-vw.co.uk

Back to the top
A genius is a person who successfully applies a previously unknown technique in the production of a work of art, science or calculation, or who masters and personalizes a known technique.

:clap:

Back to the top

funk-star said

You are mad! LOL
Keep up the good work!
any one could do it ,,,welder and an :D d hammer and ur away

Back to the top

chudd said

A genius is a person who successfully applies a previously unknown technique in the production of a work of art, science or calculation, or who masters and personalizes a known technique.

erm right ,one way of putting it ,i pref hit ,wack,chop ,grind,weld ,next lump of steel,,,sorted ,lmao,,cheers chudd

Back to the top

chudd said

thankyou chudd as you say im a genius :mrgreen:

Back to the top
man this is a balls out conversion!

love it
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.