Skip navigation

new member mad idea ,mk1 caddy 4motion 4wd turbo 24v......

Back to the top

new member mad idea ,mk1 caddy 4motion 4wd turbo 24v......

hi all we are here,,found this shed used as a gate post after the guy used it as a garden gate ,so i had to have it,,,,this is not really a fairhearted project ,,but im willing to try heres the progress so far,,,,
some beastly pics of the caddy

after a few hours off scrubbing lol

anyone want a rear truck back ,,?
more rot ,might just rip the floor out ,have done with it

old 1.6 d oil burner ripped out

thought we need some engine parts sorting so bought a sweet v6 24v 4motion complete front

stripped lump ,to make a headspacer

as i had to start make homemade turbo to it ,,should alivern it up a bit

had the head done

not far off built up

drilled head a bit to get injectors and rears about sorted changed sump to add oil return

Back to the top
Cool idea be good to see when finished.

Back to the top
started on makeing a short runner  
as those std plastic intakes only hold 12psi before they pop lol

waiting some more steel arrive so thought best make a start on rear axle

then chopped it to right length

thats that sorted
skimmed a bit off for better off set
fits nicely

mk4 discs,caliprs on mk3 hubs bit better for bracking larger discs

,thought which way to mount so been doing a few mocks ,from mk3,mk4 ,im im useing the mk4

assembled my ecu to run the engine and wideband arrive and gass temp gauge too ,and have the 250kpa turbo maps to add with my 630cc injectors ,,,im hope it will go ok ,,,lol

and some coil overs arrived ,but these red 200lbs i dont think will be strong enoegh

thats as far as ive got at mo ,as ive got to re finsh my bug so ive more room to play and modify ,ps ill get the engineing runing on the floor first just to make sure ,,

Back to the top
fair play mate thats gonna be a monster,please tell me that has not ony taken you a few days to do all that work? you only mentioned about getting a caddy 3 days ago?

Back to the top

ashtray said

fair play mate thats gonna be a monster,please tell me that has not ony taken you a few days to do all that work? you only mentioned about getting a caddy 3 days ago?
hi ash ive had a engine runing a while ,so any really ripped the engine box runing out of it along with the gear stick ,to do the engine rear axle and other odds and ends around 2months,,to sort ,but after thinking how this may go ,i might have re shortern the rear axle to get wider tyres on ,,,little stuck at mo ,as im finshing the bug off for selling ,,,it wont be anything mint im affraid ,this was a bet as a few mates said ur dreaming ,,,,,it carnt be done ,,,,erm i had 1500 posts on a simliar therd saying u carnt fit a volvo turbo in a bug ,,,,that showed them ,thats y this babys getting homemade pimped too ,unsure if ill go road legal tbh ,just thought be ok for a bit of track fun really/hope ur moters coming on well ,,,i love it….. :D

Back to the top
looking good mate, saw this thread start on another forum, gonna be sweet and mental, fair play to ya

Back to the top
CHEERS BUD ,,,,ill get there ,,,unsure when thow lol dam winters on its way...

Back to the top
had a spare hour 2day so modifyed the from wheels,suspension, couldnt see point of useing mk4 subframe after some further thing,wishbones,to fit 5stud ,not my ideal choice of alloy but they will have to do at mo ,

sorted another homemade mody ,fit central and pimped lmao

Back to the top
So its definitely a non-road car now, huh!

Back to the top

paul_c said

So its definitely a non-road car now, huh!
looks that way lol, just some track fun ill do ,as i carnt see the point ,like i said b4 ,mates said i couldnt make one fit ,,,,as ive got my next project what u think..

only jokeing regards the pic above ,,i carnt seeing this doing more them 3mph ,, :mrgreen:

Back to the top
been following your thread on Vzi, gona be awsome when its done

Back to the top

doogle said

been following your thread on Vzi, gona be awsome when its done
cheers doogle may have dropped on some extra space so in theroy back axle should be thown on as well,,

Back to the top
brilliant, the running gear looks to be the most complicated but the fabrication work you have done is fantastic!

Back to the top

doogle said

brilliant, the running gear looks to be the most complicated but the fabrication work you have done is fantastic!
CHEERS ,most is mockup ,a i have to keep it on wheels for day to moveing dy to space probs

Back to the top
trail fit the engine 2day ,as i reckon it will fit fine ,evern with the 6speed as i thought i was going to butcher the inner wings out ,,some things will be a bit tight but i aint going to worry about them ,,my home made turbo fitsand has lots of room ,still ill have re locat the extrenal wastegate

Back to the top
Cool - told you it would fit! Have you ditched the idea of using the subframe? And are you going to be able to fit and the 3x VR6 engine mounts okay?

Back to the top
that looks like a tight fit not to sure about the mounts tho think id be making my own  :wink:

Back to the top
with the size of that exhaust housing it`ll rip it straight off any welded on mounts, boost is going to come on so strong, i`d defo go subframe it`ll stop alot of twist in the shell

Back to the top

poppyg60 said

with the size of that exhaust housing it rip it straight off any welded on mounts, boost is going to come on so strong, i`d defo go subframe it`ll stop alot of twist in the shell

Not so sure about that….. Do you know how much torque is applied by the engine to the bodywork on a VR6? And do you know the safe tensile strength of steel?

Back to the top
id be more worried about bolting the standard mounts into the mk1 chassis rails cos thats all he can do with them

least if he makes some they can be made as strong as he wants them

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.