Skip navigation

who owned yours before you?

Back to the top

who owned yours before you?

Mines had quite a few owners but only know of its last two.

It was owned by Stu78golf on here who had it resprayed etc when it was in Birmingham. Then it was bought by the previous owner and driven up to edinburgh. He had plans to turn it into a 1.8 track car, but I bought it off him :)

Dont know about any of its other owners though.

Back to the top
Bought mine from a guy up the road as an abandoned project (basically a KR dropped in with nowt else touched) in january this year. She was near as damn it completely original expecpt the obvious power plant change.

He had it since 2004 and it came from somehwere in London. She's an '83 Lhasa green on reg UAM 806Y kool plate I know 8)

Anybody on here know the car?

Richair

83' GTI 16v roadsport
96' BMW 328i Touring
90' HF Integrale 16v B-road slag Sold!
98' Honda ITR #1775 Sold!
89' GTI 16v Sold!
91' CRX 16v trackslag RIP

Back to the top
bought mine off 'topher' on here

1983 Polo CL - daily

1984 Golf G60 Syncro - sold

1989 Rallye Golf - sold

1992 Corrado G60 - crushed

1989 Polo C - chopped and crushed

1991 309 Style - crushed

Back to the top
Mine was bought new buy stockbrokers in London who owned it for 24 years retiring it to Dorset 10 years ago up until 2006. Sat in a garage for that time. Then they sold it to their gardener who sold it to a trader who sold it to the guy I bought it off. All within a couple of years. I now want to own it for the next 24 years!!

Back to the top
The first lady owner of mine had it from new for 20 years. The next lady for 5 years. Judging by the knitting class poster in the boot and their names (Gladys and Hermione), they were mature ladies, so I'm very grateful they did nothing whatsoever to compromise the originality or condition - and didn't over-use or rive about with her!  :y:

Back to the top
My sportline was bought brand new by a chap in Orpington kent on 2/6/1992 (I still got the 1st original owners sellers part of the log book in the service history 8) )

its now had 7 owners and the chap i got it from in Essex in 2006 only kept it a year

some time in 2003 it was stolen and recovered :cry:  minor panel damage to bonnet and grille and drivers 1/4 light busted and the ignition screwed and the stooooooooopid insurance company Cat D`d it as uneconomical to repair, dunno who owned it then i but i would have fought hard for it not to be "written off"

still its a sound car, drives nice, everything works and its never let me down, not even once! in 2 years in all weathers, which cant be bad 8)

92 Sportline in Flash Red, Standard **SOLD**

91 G60 Corrado in Aqua Blue pearl

91 Rallye Golf, Tornado Red, AMD tuned to 220bhp 227 flb torque 9j x16 Borbet B alloys

1985 B Alpine white mk2 Golf Gti

Back to the top
Mine was sold by m6m62 in 1999. And abused by many since then.  :cry:

And a new life of abuse awaits it when it finally emerges from the garage.  :twisted:

'82 Mk1 GTI 1600 UGY74X
(Mars Red, mostly…)

Back to the top
my citigolf was imported here and registered 15/12/1998,i got the car 10/11/2000 and still have it  :wink:
my TD was also used overseas,brought here in late 83,origional owner had it for 20 years,the next owner for 2 years  in worthing then me from 31/07/2005
Bert

Thats not a rod knockin,its a diesel stupid! floppy top and 1 tin top

Back to the top

lennyhope said

Bought from a used car lot 150 miles away in the midlands.  It was parked amongst Vectras…..see below.  Old lady had it in garage after hubby had died.  

haha thats lyndons old cabby, he bought it from said used car lot (well he took it in px for a mk3 or mk4  tdi), kept it for a while (sat in the corner of vw rescue's yard for nearly a year, i think he was keeping it to give to his son when he was old enough to drive)  but sold it back to the dealership as the yard got a bit overcrowded and space was needed.

he did a few little jobs on it when he first got hold of it but i cant remember what they were.

you can get hold of a phone number and email address on www.vwrescue.co.uk    put fao lyndon.

all the best

Back to the top
Oldfart off here owned mine before me

and unfortunatly its back up for sale  :cry:
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.