Skip navigation

Project Sleeper - Mk1 Golf 20vT AEB... Now Runs :)

Back to the top

Project Sleeper - Mk1 Golf 20vT AEB... Now Runs :)

ShaunyC said

Excelent work fella :D You'll have to get a vid up of her flying around  :wink:  

Hopefully i'll get mine back off the ground sometime soon!?!?

P.s. done any good with that AEB right up yet?? lol

Peace out..

Hi Shaun. Yeah i had a vidoe ill have to uplaod in on youtube at some point, it was quite hairy as it just started raining on the test run and i had no windscreen in and the brakes/tracking were average at best :D

Ill start working on it over the next few days. If you have any questions in the mean time, please feel free to ask.

Cheers
Gary

Back to the top

richyhill said

looks awsome, fair play :-)

Thanks fella, hopefully our paths will cross and we can compare each others….. Cars i mean :)

Back to the top
Hiya fella love the build see how the turbo catches the bulk head did you just unbolt it and turn it round?

1.3 Driver - 1.8t in progress
http://www.vwgolfmk1.org.uk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=56551

Daily driver : e36 325 tdi se / slammed on konis and bbs rco401's
Daily offroader : discovery 1 6" lift monster :D

Back to the top

ebo said

Hiya fella love the build see how the turbo catches the bulk head did you just unbolt it and turn it round?

Yep, thats all you need todo for adjusting :D I can't quite remember but if you set it up on the car slightly loose and readjust it so the boost pipe comes straight up, it alters the wastegate position. You may need to cut the end off the wastegate bracket so it sits flush again

I drilled a new hole in the Wastegate holding bracket to accomadate this and also welded a small piece of metal on the other end of the wastegate bracket ( with a hole in it ) so it could be fixed back securely using the existing tapped threads on the turbo.

Hope this wasn't confusing :)

Back to the top
What a great thread, awesome work!!

Back to the top
Omg that is bloomin  lush

Back to the top
Na im with you my man i got my engine into the bay today but it had been raining for soooo long it was a job for tommorow :D

cheers

Back to the top
loving this..

the detail is awesome

ERROR: A link was posted here (img) but it appears to be a broken link.

Back to the top
Resserecting this Thread a little - Car is away for Winter but will me making its appearances next year for annual North West meets and VW shows.

Merry Christmas everyone :)

Back to the top
Looking forward to seeing this car in the flesh. A load of cash and time and love have gone into it.

Back to the top
Hi five happy christmas its a bit far away to come see unless your attending ed38 next year :D

Back to the top
Hi mate love this thread!!!

Just wondering how did u fit the gear shifter to the car cuz I'm gonna be doing this soon (cable change) but just a bit unsure how to fit the shifter

Maybe u cud shed some light on my situation :)

Also how did u fit them through the bulkhead? I.e wat size grommets etc etc

Cheers matey

Dan

Click on the link below to see my mk1 16v project

http://vwgolfmk1.org.u…-16v-project#post_1081899

Back to the top
Just read through the build, some great details in there, enjoyed it.
The pictures are no longer showing so i had to piece things together in my head but I looked at the video on YouTube and it looks brilliant, bet you're proud!

I'm doing a conversion at the moment and it has helped with a lot..

Well done!

Back to the top
Mk1 Golf 20vT AEB - YouTube.

Thanks for the great replies everyone. This is a video when she rolled out the garage for the first time.

Hope everyone is doing well here. I still own this car although she is currently getting a bit of tlc after being garaged since we had a child.

327528_10151134804165801_1441331416_o.jpg

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.