Skip navigation

new member mad idea ,mk1 caddy 4motion 4wd turbo 24v......

Back to the top

new member mad idea ,mk1 caddy 4motion 4wd turbo 24v......

Cheers mate that great,

as i useless with electronics would there be any chance you'd be able to make up another setup same as yours and i'll pay? i'm gonna be using megasquirt too so be the same as yours!

how much do ya think it'd be? parts and labour if ya willing to do it??

cheers

Andy.

Back to the top

andygall said

Cheers mate that great,

as i useless with electronics would there be any chance you'd be able to make up another setup same as yours and i'll pay? i'm gonna be using megasquirt too so be the same as yours!

how much do ya think it'd be? parts and labour if ya willing to do it??

cheers

Andy.
tbh im just upgrading to ms3x to run full sequeical coil/spark , bare with me ill have a look threw some paperwork,daigrams as i usely keep them , or u can just modify ur stock haldex , which i can set it on full 50/50 to save spending money on a reilf valve ,,

Back to the top
cheers man, let me know if ya find owt?

so i presume when you say mod the standard haldex for 50/50 thats constant 4wd??is this switchable??

don't really fancy constant 4wd as will eat tyres!!

cheers

Andy.

Back to the top

andygall said

cheers man, let me know if ya find owt?

so i presume when you say mod the standard haldex for 50/50 thats constant 4wd??is this switchable??

don't really fancy constant 4wd as will eat tyres!!

cheers

Andy.
yes andy 50/50 is constant full 4wd , otherwise u need a stepper moter curcit to make it varible via a dash knob… :mrgreen: i oce used a bike cable works a treat ,,, but recomended on useing the vacume pipe and solonod if i can spll correctly :redfaced:

buggar all done today as my friend cracked is alloy and were too lumps missing so decided to tig it up

wish id takernpics before as that section was bent and broke in 2 lumps

Back to the top
Hi mate,

just a quicky!

when you used the mk1 golf hubs with the mk3 golf bearings did you have any problems with the 3mm difference in the bearing length? i'm gonna be using audi tt driveshafts but i'm sure there the same as the 4 motion ones! the bearings are the same size anyway!

have you checked the hub since you started running it as it looked very thin after you machined in out to fit the bigger bearings! only asking as i'll do mine the same as yours instead of getting bearing made to fit ( your way alot cheaper ).

if you could find the info on the setup you used for the diff that's be great.

thanks again.

Andy.

Back to the top

andygall said

Hi mate,

just a quicky!

when you used the mk1 golf hubs with the mk3 golf bearings did you have any problems with the 3mm difference in the bearing length? i'm gonna be using audi tt driveshafts but i'm sure there the same as the 4 motion ones! the bearings are the same size anyway!

have you checked the hub since you started running it as it looked very thin after you machined in out to fit the bigger bearings! only asking as i'll do mine the same as yours instead of getting bearing made to fit ( your way alot cheaper ).

if you could find the info on the setup you used for the diff that's be great.

thanks again.

Andy.
hi reeming the hubs out to fit 5x100 centres and bearings from a mk3 vr6 golf work a treat ,as u can use eithe a mk4 cv joint ( depending on what driveshafts you are useing or use mk3 vr6 as both fit fine in splines of the hubs and are a smaller cv joint) but some said its unsafe etc , only way i i made sure was machine a spare hub out and put it in a hydrolic ram to see how strong it was , bare in mind if u can use mk4 hubs then go for it

Back to the top
pop
3rd attempt 8mm alloy heat treated
bingo holding 30psi

lastist engine shot
evern thow its runing well i personaly wont to start over with ms3 standalond ecu as it should be a better set up and live tuning too
next i thought id make a custom 76mm downpipe and somehow have enoe room to fit from the hx40 holset around and under the engine missing 6speed gearbox/transforbox /steering rack/and propshaft

got the oldgrinder out chop and weld up

then buzzed the lot together

next need to make 2 side pipes ,once ive rewired the engine bay

Back to the top

adaptorman said

pop

8O

Wow - I would have never said 30 PSI could have poped that weld!

Back to the top
yearh pressure when in boost ,mind personaly i also dont think the alloy was think enoegh ,, the other one i cut,buzzed up sound no issiues

Back to the top
new stan alone is here, this is the megasquirt ms3 ecu  ill be some how useing 6x ls2 coils
hopeing to get complete vag vr6 loom out an fully instail this

Back to the top
well dropped on a mk5 r32 ,i wasnt going to bother tbh , but i thought erm 250bhp as std ,might sort something with it so , i decided to turbo it
specs stock engine,headspacer fitted,injector holes bord out an fitted soms 530cc
adaptred a mk5 fuel rail into a mk4 and added pressure gauge

then made a intake manifold (hope it fits was guess work)
rewired engine useing yuko ls2 high power coils and megasquirt ms3x  :mrgreen:

new manifold arrived arrived and thought id do a trail fit ,all seems good,,,..but hit a issiuse
didnt realise these manifolds are for t25 turbos , and mines a t3 ,, sdue to were external wastgate is shown, its in the wrong place , so that turbo intake is wrong way as well ..
so bit of adapting is needed first manifold

then chopped t25 flange off and welded a cast t3 flange on along with ,moving external wastegate too

notice now the intakes on the left and not on right ,

notice were old wastegate is now , ill just make a blanking plate , so then manifold can be used both ways

trail fit time

fits good , also i can now not only fit a turbo either way , but also spin the intake snail 360deg for any pipe angle ,,

just got gearbox in bits as i fancy a ratio mix/match lol

Back to the top
few updates

grrr didnt relise mk5 r32 clutch carnt be used on a 2.8 4motion solid flywheel , (differncernt depths)

trail fitted

few sensors added , my save a few lights flashing on the dash

made as mutch free..ish room i could in the space i have left

then hit a issiuse exhust carnt go under car, and trying to fit a large hx40 turbo on this manifold was a tw..t , but bit of modifying turbos fitted and made a new exhuast pipe

finshed exhuast , just need wrapping

tig welding coming on i reckon…

fits good

next made some custom alloy tubing and buzzed them up

up to date , intercooler to finish off then start on the wireing to get the buggar runing

.ps bit of advise how mutch boost will a 38mm hold on a r32 before boost creep?
andany one have a ekta water piping daigram ,plus a 96 mk3 vr6 obd2 8pin wireing , as my other laptps gone down

Back to the top
Amazing work

Back to the top
absolutely incredible mate :)

Back to the top
cheers just fun stuff , did a quick dyno 3rd gear pull 13psi  5000rpm 380whp in 4wd
View My Video
will do for stage1 ,….stage 2 wil be 20psi 4wd 7000rpm
quick video here
View My Video

Back to the top
Thanks for sharing, it sounds unreal mate! How fast will it go?

Back to the top
sounds real nice..

Back to the top
tbh between the mk3 vr6 , mk4 4motion and mk4/5 r32 turbo engines , i pref the old mk3 vr6 , as u feel good boost and feel it come in well , mk4/5 r32 are more better to tunie ,flow but dont spool my turbo as soon as a 12v engine , still ive tryed, tested and blown a few ,lol ,i run a mk4 6speed mix and match tdi ratio , modifyed into a stock 4motion gearbox, nice tall ratios, cruises nice and not too bad mpg on a run ,  she can hit over 150mph (not on private roads thow :D ) just done a vr6 polo too as i was bord lol , next get the vr6turbo golf finished tunied and sold ,then get the old t5 bug sorted  :D

Back to the top
update!!???

Back to the top
hiya no updates , as its running ok pal, as ive been fitting a vr6 turbo into a mk4 polo conversion , ive just finished , as well as the mk3 vr6 turbo golf ive finished .. nothing else planned tbh
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.