Skip navigation

new member mad idea ,mk1 caddy 4motion 4wd turbo 24v......

Back to the top

new member mad idea ,mk1 caddy 4motion 4wd turbo 24v......

hes dun it again haha!!!!,is there any part of the caddy that hasent had sum sort of custom made part init. i love it. this had better be at the annual gathering!

mk1 golf - resto
mk3 polo breadie - daily banger

Back to the top
i like to attept things , and works a dam treat b4 i had boost at 5000rpm 1.14 houseingnow i have a 70 houseing with boost 2600rpm pulls clean with no surge to 30psi , i have to retunie the engine as its , thow the engine map out
approx 200mile , few pics

you,ll notice how big that turbo is and how small ive managed to get the turbo hotside
ive had it nice and glowing too …

Back to the top
You truly are NUTS!  Hats off to you sir!

Back to the top
nuts me  :lol: just ideas ,but they seem to work well ,,,

Back to the top
any updates on this mate ?

Back to the top
we demand updates. been to long adapterman!!!!

mk1 golf - resto
mk3 polo breadie - daily banger

Back to the top
Any more??  Come on we're desperate  :wink:

Back to the top
heres a few updates , as i couldnt get boost hold about 25psi so , this is what i did
well guys , ive managed to blow it ;) runing on ms2 standalone reached /28/30psi on stock internals ,;) very dangrous, but fun, runing my homemade custom gt40 turbo , removed the head this morning to mainly find one melted piston , which was no6 on the front bank ,few problems are this intake isnt suiltable airflow at high boost, so i think more modifying is needed to try inprove ,i also think ill change from ms2 to ms3  fully sequential fuelling and spark with a upgraded ecu ,
so looks like more fun to come ,,,,,,,,,,,:D
heres a pic

i really think im makeing good progress , as i can cope with a few blow pistons here and there:thumbs_up

Back to the top
so ive been keeping a keen eye on upgrades and didnt take long at all look at these babys i dropped on utter bargin there are..
s.p stage 2 high beam con rods with bigger arp 2000/7/16 bolts :D price 120 ,,,couldnt say no,,,
next bargin wasnt far away complete set of wossnerr pistons 200 ,off ebay :D
pics here
well they have arrived look ok ,soon see what happerns after a spot of run in ,,

so i think its time for some serious boost what u guys think,,,,:thumbs_up

Back to the top
shot of the block completed

just not happy with arp bolt torque settings , contacted arp they said arp 2000-06 bolts are 40lb with arp greese/molly greese , might as well have used my fingers lol , sure they not going to hold at that poundage as soon as i get some boost on go they going to stretch and spin the conrod bearings

Back to the top
doubled checked rods/bolts torques before sump

, started and runing no oil light probs ,see how things progress //fingers crossed
and she runs happy with idiol
http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=nmdruh&s=7

Back to the top
well been a little fed as im fed up of the turbo caughting the bonett and bulk head ,,so i think its time to modify a stock one , so bought a cast vr6 turbo manifold thinking may fit, but due to size of turbo im runing was caughting bulk head ,and were flange is located i carnt get a intake pipe to fit ,not enoegh room
a few pics of cast welding… chop/modify

plenty off room with turbo and flange moved over

plenty of intake room too

needed to add a 46mm external wastegate , so welded that in too and made a screamer pipe (bit of extra noise )

welded inside too

got rid off that horried s bend boost pipe

need to turn  wastegate pipe too

i might see if i can make a normal downpipe and remove the side pipe too

Back to the top
dropped on a few 3inch stainless off cuts too should make a half decent exhuast  

updated

Back to the top
Just seen your project for the first time and I'm blown away!!!   8O  8O  8O  It's absofrigginlutely immense!!!  You know if you get bored you can come and do my engine…I'm quite good with a bucket n sponge so I'll obviously return the favour  :wink:  Keep up the amazing work!!!

Back to the top
ok for some homemade fun
not over happy but fits and works ,just wish i had more room to make a clyinder type

Back to the top

geejah said

Just seen your project for the first time and I'm blown away!!!   8O  8O  8O  It's absofrigginlutely immense!!!  You know if you get bored you can come and do my engine…I'm quite good with a bucket n sponge so I'll obviously return the favour  :wink:  Keep up the amazing work!!!

and i'm quite good at making tea and doing the mcdonalds runs, so you can do mine too :lol:

Back to the top
deceided, why have one side pipe , i thought why not invent 2 chuffs , few pics of bits ive done so far ,
3inch v band buzzed on inside/outside

downpipe finaly done ,think my welding coming on too:rolleyes:

then got grinder out and choped pipe to make a v pipe for the twin pipes:D

downpipe and exit pipes sorted next , make some side pipes[LOL]

Back to the top
Hi mate,

stunning work, have you got any info on exactly how you solved the problem with the haldex rear diff controller, just starting to mount up my 4wd running gear into me golf and don't really wanna spend 210 euro on this controller,

http://www.sqsracing.com/produkt/314:406:haldex-regulator-controler-valve

cheers

Andy.

Back to the top

andygall said

Hi mate,

stunning work, have you got any info on exactly how you solved the problem with the haldex rear diff controller, just starting to mount up my 4wd running gear into me golf and don't really wanna spend 210 euro on this controller,

http://www.sqsracing.com/produkt/314:406:haldex-regulator-controler-valve

cheers

Andy.
hi andy basicly looking at this all that will do is sit in place of the haldex so u can manual adjust the pressure , tbh its just a releif valve , ive tryed a number of ideas , first i used a bike cable (80p from bike shop and made it move the valve , then decided to wire the prime moter to a on/off button which primes the haldex  for a while depending on ur pressure adjustment, problem is it will work fine this way if your just useing it in a straight line , but if ur wanting use this on the road ie ,and driveing around corners you have issiues as when the hladex starts to disingauge it will start banging and try locking the wheels , as i had this and first thought it was the diff or axle or driveshaft knackerd , as ull see a vacume pipe on it this instant

Back to the top
which instantly disengauges the unit evern if the prime 12v moter is runing or not , this can be sorted via a servo vacume feed  and a 12v solioiond most cars have them , ,i ended up useing my megqsquirt (stand alone ecu ) as i added a curcit so the haldex primes of differnert load leavls (ie so when the turbo comes into hard boost haldex is in 4wd and normal driving im in 2wd ,were a bit of stress but seems to be working fine , regards pressure i set my axle to full 50/50 (so silly exspensive parts needed, just a bit of curcit building (maplins electric store,) as the haldex has a 4wire stepper moter , so if u decided u wanted to run this , ud have to strip the haldex and buy a varible stepper moter curcuit, hope this helps a bit ,
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.