Skip navigation

new member mad idea ,mk1 caddy 4motion 4wd turbo 24v......

Back to the top

new member mad idea ,mk1 caddy 4motion 4wd turbo 24v......

mickeyone said

did u buy them injectors of me dude! sure your the guy from south yorkshire!
yep i did and yes from s,yorks

Back to the top
thought id knock a short runner up to find ive not enoegh room at the front

so that was thown in the scrap
next only thing i could do is modify the stock intake manifold but keep the runner lengths the same

ill just finish the welding 2moz  and do of wireing  unit turbo arrives

Back to the top
managed to weld rest of the intake  and modify the rocker cover too

modifyed the breather  and has a better idea with wire gauze and oil splash plate , which should help in boost , what a pain to alloy as the alloy contains very small fragments of hot oil  and i assume over the years its contamiated the alloy , but got there in the end

fits a treat nice and air tight [:P]

also saved a good 5inch  , so means i dont really have to change the sump , but i think ill make a shorter one

Back to the top
hi guys well had a bit of free time so thought id make a new coil pack mount
removed the old sensor and filled the old hole up with alloy

lump of 3mm alloy then driled a few holes

then added a 5mm lump of rubber and bolted the coilpack up to the back plate

noticed i left a gape between the timing chain cover and the back plate , save engine heat on the coil pack and added the rubber to keep it cooler ,
injectors re wired, and all engine loom wires alterd , tempord to try a start up 2moz ,,be a tad noisey but should fire up

Back to the top
first off thought id check the intercooler pipe fits a dam treat with clearance too , think ill tig a dump valve in there, also heated the plastic vacum pipes for the brake servo  and re solderd all the wires and shorternd them,

next as i have a bit more room i pulled the exhust side in around 2inch ,(saves a rattle

then new turbo arrived so thought might as well make a manifold , first tempory fit ,

you,ll notice its on a angle reason is ive no room to run a dam boost pipe , ive an idea thow lol

few start pics of the turbo and manifold progress

didnt like it above so alterd it lol

Back to the top
lolo i hope u are ok and that,

loving the car mate

Back to the top
yearh fine cheers

Back to the top
beer bad 2day so no real updates couple of pics of the manifold i had to make , just needs welding finishing off and external wastegat modifying  , then ill get the buggar bolted up

Back to the top
You have some awsome skills there mate, loving the work.

Back to the top
ok i supose fills a hole lol

Back to the top
glad youre ok mate! everyones been wondering if you were ok!

Weber,ATS,Apex,Ripspeed,Supersprint,K&N MOMO..tbc

Back to the top
not too mutch but had a slight engine prob ( nothing bad ,just a stuck hydrolic tappit ) now runing on 6 pots , dosent sound too bad tbh , also added oil t piece and reducer, and made oil return 19mm bore , modifyed ht leads to suilt, redone manifold had a small blowing, had to alter external wastegate still in the way but ill mod the air intake, next is modify some boost pipes , sensors, intercooler,hoses,, ive also dropped on a pair of poly bushes which ill make some new mounts from too few pics here

quick engine video

View My Video

Back to the top
well few more little updates as the sun was suning today ;)
first had to chop the intercooler and weld 2 cores together and modify with pipe work , as the single wasnt cooling enoegh

then welded the lot together

somert like this

then nearly forgot needed a blow off valve fitting so welded that on too lol

you can just see it here

next hit a slight problem with the outlet on the boost pipe so thought chuff it ill make a s bend as to flow few engine shots at mo

Back to the top
mate this is awesome work as per usual, that intercoolers a beast  :twisted:
keep us updated would love to see this on the road

Back to the top
all runing fine only at 8psi but feels ok,intercooler works a dam treat showing 8deg on intake temps and nearly 50deg on the outlet not bad to say theres no airfilter

Back to the top
As always excellent work!

Love the custom intake, vr bit!

Keep up the good work!

Pete.

Back to the top

redpetemk1 said

As always excellent work!

Love the custom intake, vr bit!

Keep up the good work!

Pete.
cheers pete
engines runing very well at 15psi at mo , oil temps, oil pressure, afr, timing, fueling map best its been so far ,, so thought id treat the caddy to another homemade header tank , made from alloy , as ebay prices are a dam rip off

think ill make a quick water bottle 2moz too ,, fills a hole lol

Back to the top
also made a quick water bottle too ,

got a bit carryed away after making a header :laughing:

Back to the top
not mutch to add so made another for the brake fluid , im in two minds wheather i like it thow ,

then decided to skim some alloy down and make a start on the new engine mounts,

Back to the top
had a thought today ,(yes another lol) about a post eailer in the therd , about wheel banding , so i tryed one , prob is i really need 17inch 7.5j rims hard to find , so i tryed one on 6.5j rims 15inch heres how it looks

standard ones fit sound as stock on the front heres a quick pic and no rim cutting needed
evern made a jig to re line the rims ,, unsure what to do , asi like how they fit on the fronts, as the tyes wount catch the archers when i slam it
There are too many online users to list.