Skip navigation

new member mad idea ,mk1 caddy 4motion 4wd turbo 24v......

Back to the top

new member mad idea ,mk1 caddy 4motion 4wd turbo 24v......

Just been through most of the build thread. you got awesome welding skills. Like the way you welded the two parts of the drive shaft together. Excellent work. This is defiantly going to be a car to look out for at the shows.

8)

Back to the top
lol guys what shiny bit s and bobs do u have ,,,,,,lol
 cheers its only a mock up of cut weld and get the buggar in ,,,maybe ok i supose
and a few more updates 2day
thats the manifold sorted at last

then made a oil return have to say what a little twat that was lol,due to havein to make it fit thew the bendy pipes

then thought might as well sort the steering rack ,and make some brackets

shes close but clears nicely ,and has a good 10mm underneath

thats the rack nearly sorted just have to make another bracket and trim the inner wing holes more a little more movement ,
right we have some seats and harniss ,to nicely hold me in place lol

thought might as well fit antiator and trail fit a few engine bits,bingo things seem to fit too

and thats 2days progress ended ,may have a few more after ive sorted a few other things out ,,,

Back to the top
The speed your doing things  8O .  If everyone went this fast then there wouldn't be a mk1 needing attention left!

Back to the top

welsh-mk1 said

The speed your doing things  8O .  If everyone went this fast then there wouldn't be a mk1 needing attention left!
cheers welsh itsacase of havin too when imoutside working alone ,with winter here,now if i had a garage ,it would still be sat there lol

Back to the top
just added a small suport for the engine as the old one looked untidy so made another

and added a homemade suport to save engine rock

and decided to make more clearance for the steering rack in the end lol

Back to the top
haveing a tad of stress with steeering at mo ,lol,i will sort it ,
due to useing mk3 vr6 hubs and moveing the steering rack ,things arnt quite right yet ,but,,,,i will sort it ,,ill not be beatrn with it ,,lol

so had to fit more coilover springs ,

and a few more bits of welding to be sorted lol
right need advise on what radiator you guys use on a mk4 24 engine for cooling,as i could sqeeze the 4motion one in with lots of cross member chopping so thought id ask first

Back to the top
alright mate? looks like its going well!!! just a suggestion i used a cosworth RS500 alloy rad it fits perfectly with 2 small brackets with rubbers with out the need for any cutting these are rated at 500+bhp should be all you need!!!!
the size is 650x310x50 someone is knocking them out on eBay for ?139

Back to the top

ashtray said

alright mate? looks like its going well!!! just a suggestion i used a cosworth RS500 alloy rad it fits perfectly with 2 small brackets with rubbers with out the need for any cutting these are rated at 500+bhp should be all you need!!!!
the size is 650x310x50 someone is knocking them out on eBay for ?139
hi ash cheers for the reply ,ive find this on ebay says rs 500 but the measure is slighty differnert and i neeed one with the water hoses on the same side like a mk3 vr6 type
Dimensions - 640mm X 310mm X 52mm (Core Size)
149 …

Back to the top
mk2 gtd rads are big i used one in a mk1 TT conversion then appied to kenlow fans :wink:

Back to the top

bens_cab said

mk2 gtd rads are big i used one in a mk1 TT conversion then appied to kenlow fans :wink:
cheers ben il have a look in scrapys may have somert i can use,,,do they fit into the front cross member as i didnt want to chop it out

Back to the top
yep they fit nicely in the exisiting holes you may need to make top brackets also worth looking at mk3 tdi rads think they are about the same size :wink:

Back to the top
I've got a GTD rad here if needed :)

Crazyquiff's Mk1 Golf Parts Emporium

www.golfmk1.co.uk - you know you want to….

Back to the top

crazyquiff said

I've got a GTD rad here if needed :)

can you confirm its width ? it should be pretty much the width of the mk1 and use the outer lug holes on the cross member either end :lol:

Back to the top
got this rs500 radiator of ebay fits well with a few small adaptions,

rob

www.keets-customs.co.uk

Back to the top
nice replys guys ,i need my radiator to fit under the front slam pannel,,,,,dose the vr6/gtd fit in there/

Back to the top
no it will fit in the exisiting place like the original rad but slightly wider so will fill the gap between the headlights :lol:

Back to the top
finaly modifyed the steering to work due to propshaft been in the way,a bit of cutting chopping here and there sorted it
had to make hole bigger so steering wil clear when wheels are let down

scrapy searching for longer arms to suilt the wheel track/use mk3 vr6 track ends more of a curve then mk1s

and a few bits of weldeing

bending 4mm plate on this chassi was fun,as i had to sure sure it was strong ,
sorted the clutch piping and slave too

Back to the top
i think of myself as a normal day to person,,,,mmm not to worry lol,,a couple of small updates,thermostat houseing fitted,as this had to be changed ,as the std one wouldnt let me select 5th/6th gear

the a quick repair on the rear quarter pannel

Back to the top

mk 1 cloned with a tt

interesting to see the variety of different mods, i am currently putting a tt 1.8t in a mk1 couldn't be bothered with all the patch on parts so it will see how it goes with the tt bits. :wink: will add some pics when shes ready!! :lol:

Back to the top

Re: mk 1 cloned with a tt

Poohbear said

interesting to see the variety of different mods, i am currently putting a tt 1.8t in a mk1 couldn't be bothered with all the patch on parts so it will see how it goes with the tt bits. :wink: will add some pics when shes ready!! :lol:
nice one pal,,always good to see projects ,,,heres a couple more

couple more bits of welding this after
inner part of door piller

rear sill needed a lump welding in

bit sorted on rear quarter

then i was going to buy some more doors as mine were rottern at the bottom corners ,so thought id have a first attempt at it ,went ok i think

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.