Skip navigation

16VG60 - Update 3/6/2010

Back to the top

16VG60 - Update 3/6/2010

That looks like an absolute monster! Hope you get it all finished off soon, after all tht time it sounds like your getting close!

Back to the top
that looks mean, id love that in my cabby but as im in Dubai there are ZERO resources here for the mk1's.

well done, how log did it take???

Back to the top
Well she has been home for the weekend !!

It has been four years in the making !!

And oh boy is she fun to drive - a few niggles to sort out but nothing too major. The main problem is that the breather and catch tank just cannot cope when the revs are increased - I think that the tank needs a feed back to the sump.

It has ooodles of power, picks up in every gear.

I am still hoping to make Santa Pod next weekend, it will not be on the sprint as there are just too few miles on her to risk damage to such a young engine !!

Here are a few pics of the completed engine :-)

Cheers,
Ade

Banner

Back to the top
that is a lovely looking engine!!!!!

theres alot of stuff in that bay but it looks really tidy

:)

Banner

Back to the top
Just a quick update.
The breather is now sorted, a take off for the front of the block has been constructed, there was actually a hole behind the rear charger bracket. This is all vented off to the catch tank. Have done away with the New Beetle breather.

The main delay has revolved around the chip provided by BBM, basically it is rubbish and BBM just didn't care when I called them !!

So I sent my ECU off to Jabba to get a basic startup map put in, Mike at Jabba also said that the injectors that I have would not be able to deliver enough fuel.

The cheapest place to get injectors is USA eBay, so I have been patiently waiting for them to arrive and tomorrow in the delivery day !!!

It is booked in to Jabba for a full mapping session on the 21st…

Been a long time but I now think that there is light at the end of the tunnel !!

Roll on the AGM

Cheers,
Ade

Banner

Back to the top
Fantastic news! What an awesome engine.  I have a BBM conversion kit waiting for me at home (working away at moment) but unfortunately its with royal mail who have sent a letter saying i need to stump up another £100 odd to have it released in 20 days time.  Inland revenue can be a pain when ordering from the states, this is twice i have been stung to pay more tax and handleing fees when getting stuff from over there so just a word of warning.  Anyway as least i have it, and they have done another run of kits but im not sure if there are many left as i had to pre-order mine and leave a deposit.  I have been waiting patiently for it for about 5 months. Its going to take a while to collect the rest of the parts though as i still need a charger, gearbox, diff, inelt etc etc.  
  Looking forward to hearing the results of your rolling road day, its going to be an absolute flyer once everything is set-up and ill apologise now for it but ill be asking plenty more questions ha ha, mainly how big is the grin on your face once things are right :)

Back to the top
Excellent news Ade did they arrive bud?  Can't wait to see this in the flesh mate… looks simply stunning.

Back to the top
Yes they did arrive !!
Some lovely 42# green tops, Mike at Jabba assured me that he can map these in and get a good idle, they have plenty of scope to deliver enough fuel.

Can't wait until the 21st now for the mapping :-)

Yea, customs charges are a pain, especially the time you have to wait while they send you a letter asking you to pay. I have found now that if it is sent USPS then Parcel Force will deliver, put the tracking number on their site and you can pay before the letter comes.

Cheers,
Ade

Banner

Back to the top
oooooooo…… that's a long wait!!

Do you know what the bhp will be when you're all done?  It'd eat me up inside getting a conversion done especially as you're soooooo close now mate but I'll be doing it in a year or two…. I'll grow my finger nails extra long before it though as they'll be getting bitten every minute of every day waiting for the final product  :lol:

Back to the top
Yea I know !!
That was Jabbasports first free day :-(

Mid VW did a couple of power runs at it pulled 230bhp, so I do not think 250bhp is unrealistic.

Cheers,
Ade

Banner

Back to the top
please tell me this will be ready for the amg!!

Back to the top
Well I certainly hope so Dean !!

Cheers,
Ade

Banner

Back to the top

lhasadreams said

Well I certainly hope so Dean !!

So do we  :mrgreen:

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.