Skip navigation

1.1 tintop

Back to the top
although im still meddling with Helga… built these up for her yesterday

tomorrow I need to do a full fluids service(engine,box and brakes)and get the new brakes,wheels,coils,filters and plugs in for the run the runway charity event coming up next tuesday

the new brakes

new coils

Back to the top

Uhhhhh :wub:

Back to the top
The brown one is locked away for winter now, still undecided  what im going to do with her yet but ill probably just sell her after Ultimate Dubs. Not many updates to be had mk1 wise just now other than I finally have the donor car

which will donate its seats(which were out to refit the carpet)

and engine to the green car

For now im dailying it as the 6 is in getting some paintwork sorted out and it also lets me get used to the engine in its current form but at the end of this contract I should have a bit spare time to strip out the TT and the S3….Plan is to rebuild the TT donor with the bits from the previous S3 donor

which I had a little incident with two winters ago…

Back to the top
That inlet manifold looks the nuts mate. :drool:

Back to the top
love those bbs race wheels you have, you decided which ones you will be using yet?

Back to the top
Eb110s on slicks for long tracks, revolutions on slicks for short tracks, oz execs with stainless lips for wet tracks, wide bbs for road tyres and just picked up a set of 8.5x15 renault alpine wheels for slicks as well

Back to the top

smudger said

That inlet manifold looks the nuts mate. :drool:

Still unsure whether im going to use it or sell and swap to an IE manifold so I can reroute the piping. Thatll depend on getting an exhaust manifold that moves the turbo over to the gearbox side

Back to the top
Will be watching with interest mate. Keep us posted with developments if you can.

Smudger

Back to the top
Lots of nice toys mate :cool:

Back to the top
Ill definitely be recording the development ;)

Back to the top
Keep the updates coming fella!  :thumbs:

Back to the top
Hi mate.Would you consider selling me your front chrome grille.I have a twin grille with black badge and also a single lamp debadged grille I can give if needed.Both as new condition

Back to the top
I possibly have a couple spare, I've definitely got a red stripe and at least two other grill combos but I'm 200 miles too far to check

Back to the top
I decided to replace the front seats to suit the registration plate( RS 51X CS ). My feeling was that the CS was/is a kind of BMW thing so looked into replacing the front seats. There wasnt anything particularly wrong with the standards but im upping the power a bit more and I felt it would help modernise the interior as well and its also inkeeping with the OEM theme.

anyways…..bought a pair of Recaro CS's and the plan was to make it look like they were an option in the C5 as well as the C6 so I gave the trimmers specific instructions but eventually had to compromise on the standard embossing and then it was just a case of waiting….turned out to be a lot of waiting…..over 3 months later I get the call that they are ready and will be sent soon as I pay for the trim work and additionals(carbon hydrodipped eyelets to match the rear of the seat,genuine audi silver nappa full hide purchase and heated elements fitted)….

anyway……..comparison shots

old fronts

new fronts

Not happy in the slightest really…….

While I was aiming to get as close to possible off a CS seat looking like it had been a factory option and by and large they almost managed it im just not happy with the quality of the fit or the fact they even missed out the recaro logo on the seat. Ive E-mailed the company back(Im about 600 miles away from them at the best of times and im currently working 200 miles further north so the logistics are heavily skewed)and they will either be sorting it out or they can send the bare seats and ill get them trimmed elsewhere especially at the coin they are charging

Back to the top
That trimmed seat looks like it's been sat in for 200,000 miles already  O_o

Back to the top
yeah its a bit sucky and I refused the 'reworked' seat for not being much better  :ocf_emoticons__BangHead:Still havent gotten the seats yet…..Only bought them the first weekend in September :ocf_emoticons__BangHead: :ocf_emoticons__BangHead: :ocf_emotic
ons__BangHead:anyways…..been otherwise busy. Couple new jobs,more wheels,more speeding tickets yadda yadda. Helga has been away to get a new coat

straight out the gun

starting to flatten and polish

polishing in progress. Build up should be started next week.

and der tuhd is getting finished for ultimate dubs this weekend. Little teaser

generally just a couple nips and tucks and nigglers ironed out. Be good to bump into anyone thats coming down. I should be there early afternoon all going well

Back to the top
another couple pictures I grabbed when I was up the unit

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.