Skip navigation

1983 Standard GTI Concours 42000miles

Back to the top
Bit of a set back this week.

Managed to put my lower back into spasm this week and have spent the last 4 days laying on my back necking these…….

I'll be lucky to make the AGM let alone with the car :banghead:

Very frustrated but managed to win £50 at Ascot today from my death bed!.  :lol:

Back to the top
I can recommend Diazepam, Amitriptyline, Co- Codamol, Oramorph mixture…. You'll be off your head!

I lived on Sainsburys Caramel shortbread squares for a month - supplied by A5OPY!!!

Get well mate.

Back to the top
I did my back over xmas. Try and keep mobile once the initial pain had gone. Hope you are up and about soon mate

Banner

Back to the top
back pains are horrible i have fractured vertabrea on two seperate occasions from motorcycle accidents and suffer pretty much everyday with some sort of twinge. Hope you gws buddy

Back to the top
Ooh sounds painful Graham.
Get well soon mate.

Cheers,
Ade

Banner

Back to the top
Cheers guys. Getting really hacked off now. Might have to just ignore it soon and crack on. :roll:

Back to the top
Well the pills have all gone and I'm pleased to say I'm up and about again. :cheer: Luckily it was only muscular.

Now it a race against time to make the AGM.  :tank:

Back to the top

Yomp said

Well the pills have all gone and I'm pleased to say I'm up and about again. :cheer: Luckily it was only muscular:

You were building up the anticipation…
Will he/ won't he be ready???
Will the gate be manned/ won't it?!!!!

:mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

Back to the top

Dano said

You were building up the anticipation…
Will he/ won't he be ready???
Will the gate be manned/ won't it?!!!!

:mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

The way I felt this time last week I seriously had my doubts as I couldn't even walk.  8O
Even the mrs was feeling sorry for me!

Sunday was the turning point as I worked on the car for a bit expecting to feel terrible the next day but didn't.

Might blag the doc for some more pills though :lol:

Will be working until midnight for the next few nights!

Back to the top

Yomp said

Will be working until midnight for the next few nights!

that makes 2 of us!!
 :mrgreen:

1983(Y) VW GOLF GTi

Banner

Back to the top
Getting there! :D

Back to the top

Back to the top
Black mk1 rebuilds and lower back problems ,must be catching i,ve been out for 5 weeks now with mine  :( . Your cars coming along nicely though well done.

Back to the top

vwvalver said

Black mk1 rebuilds and lower back problems ,must be catching i,ve been out for 5 weeks now with mine  :( . Your cars coming along nicely though well done.

I swear I would never do another black one or recommend it to anyone else!

Hope your back is better soon.

I've renamed the car Damien from the film "The Omen" :lol:

Back to the top
Cheers for that Graham!
That gives me so much hope for mine lol

By the way the video dont work…

1983 Mk1 Golf Gti 1.8 - Black
1999 Toyota Hi-Lux - White
2008 British Bulldog age 1 - Red & White
2009 Range Rover Sport - Black
2012 Mitsubishi Canter Tipper - Orange

Back to the top

Yomp said

I swear I would never do another black one or recommend it to anyone else!

OH MY GOD, you are soo right!!!

iv had problems with my back too, and fuel pump, metering head, coil :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:

1983(Y) VW GOLF GTi

Banner

Back to the top
Tackled the rear seat tonight.
I wasn't happy with the back rest cover as it was bobbly in a couple of areas on the top. Also the dip half way up had lost its definition due to the fabric loop sewed to the back which the support wires pass through being ripped.

You can see what I mean here right in the middle of the back, the material is almost flush altering the definition of the curves…

Anyway after stripping another back I had to find the same problem I decided to sew it up tonight and swap the covers.
Also gave it a steam clean yesterday in preparation for the swap and am very pleased with the results…..

Nice positive definition to the seat now.

I also reglued the black vinyl backing because some of it had come loose and crinkled.

That's three more jobs completed on the car which have bugged me in the 4 years I've owned it!! :mrgreen:

Back to the top
Fitted the door cards today and made some new liners for the doors.

Proud of the liners even though you can't see them once the cards on :roll:

Put the final decal on the boot along with the number plate and badges.

I need to get it on a ramp now and check all the work done underneath for any loose bolts etc. plus get the paint dust off the shiny bits!

I take it back to the painters on Wednesday to have the bonnet fitted and a couple of snags sorted.

Back to the top
Drove it for the 1st time to today :cheer:  but only across to the landlords barn which has a ramp.

Just a check over  and clean of the underside. Reset the exhaust so it routed better over the rear axle.

However there were some baby swallows in the roof of the barn that kept showing their appreciation :banghead:

Aim…….

Fire……..

Manged to get a few shots of the underside (without getting pooed on)!……

Back to the top
mint!!

Banner
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.